Pixar Planet

You Dream About Working In Pixar? Let's Do Something!

Are you a talented fan of Pixar? Show off your skills here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby BURN-E » Sun May 24, 2009 9:17 pm

I could try my hand at storyboarding. I'm a pretty good drawer. I have 2 short ideas: An T.V.'s plug trying to plug itself into an electrical outlet or a Greek myth type thing. I'll give more details on which ever one you guys and girls think is best.
BURN-E
Mutant Toy

Location: Lost in my imagination without a GPS. I haven't eaten in three days.......

Postby Kyle » Sun May 24, 2009 11:33 pm

I'd say the concept still needs to be further simplified. how about make it just about getting stuck on his back, over and over. and just when hes about to get up, something happens to knock him down again by the end. the frustration would be the main theme. it might sound overly simple, but that alone will give you guys plenty to worth with and still be pretty challenging to do right.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby 1986 » Mon May 25, 2009 9:10 pm

You know, at first I wanted us to do something fancy to show off, but I'm beginning to think that Kyle is right.
Toy Story 3: greatest movie of the year.
Garbage Boy

Postby thewisecookiesheet » Tue May 26, 2009 6:53 pm

Kyle, thats actually a really good idea.

I'm up for the frustrating short
thewisecookiesheet
AXIOM Crewmember

sorry i'm late :)

Postby Levan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:35 am

hello everyone! I'm so glad that you keep this rolling :)
the reason I'v been missing this class is that i'v became a father :D (here's my son http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoE8IoxQJtE).

Back to topic. the original Idea of turtle is a bit different but i am glad that you guys made a new one :D still i think we should have some more :)

i will post my idea and some drawings shortly.

and for you guys. wen you think about new ideas think simply (we cannot do Matrix here). the short has to be
1. simple
2. full of feelings
3. Artistic

ok i have to go now but i promise i'll post my drawing very soon!

keep rolling guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE PIXAR!
Levan
Ant

Postby Levan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:03 am

ok! here's the story :)

scene#1 (panoramic view)
It's a very hot day. the sun is shining and horizon is blurred by heat waves.
birds are flying and singing on the background. (you can here sound of a hard steps on a soil)

scene#2
Turtle comes in. hes tired and sad. but one butterfly gets his attention.

scene#3
butterfly is flying and dancing in the air. landing on flowers and back to the air.

scene#4
closeup on turtles face. (he is starting daydreaming).

scene#5
small wings appear on turtles back (butterfly wings). for turtle it's hard to realize what is going on. but soon hes sad eyes become full with joy. he starts waving wings and slowly starts flying (wings are significantly small for hes body).

scene#6
turtle joins the butterfly group (he's happy)

scene#7
butterfly lands on a small flower and the turtle follows.
flower bands by the large weight of a turtle and soon it brakes down.

scene#8
(end of daydreaming) turtle wakes up laying on the ground without his small dream wings... realizes this was a dream. gets up. makes a deep breath and continues hes path...

sorry there is no happy and :P

i was on the team meeting wen i drew this :D

well this is my story. hope you like it and more then that i hope you'll feel free to criticize :)
I LOVE PIXAR!
Levan
Ant

Postby ffdude1906 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:51 am

I like the idea, and there doesn't have to be a happy ending. Just a lazy turtle daydreaming about flying. It's pretty original, and adequately charming. Sounds good to me.

Btw, I'd like to be included in this project somehow. I'm not sure what useful talents I can provide (I'm a mediocre artist, and similarly mediocre writer. I'm working on the art thing, but have very VERY little experience in digital media) besides criticism and input. Any consideration of including me in any way would be appreciated. :D I was also hoping that having some inclusion could allow me to learn a fair bit about cg design.

I understand if I don't really have anything to offer (and honestly don't expect to be included, but I can dream :D ), but I'd like to be shown the process of this thing either way, kind of get an idea of how this sort of thing works.

Good luck with the project, and have fun with it!
Image Up Count: T:50 - D+BD:17
ffdude1906
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Levan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:41 pm

were are you guys ? ? ?

thewisecookiesheet wrote:Geoff CB:
I made a list so far of the people that posted, just to keep things organized, instead of having to weave through the posts. Please tell me if I got anything wrong.

Levan: Mastermind ;D

Bryko614: Story, Storyboard, Animation

Mygames19: Storyboard

Al-Bob: Writer

Jsmead: Character Design, Editor

thewisecookiesheet: Composer

TSS: Actor, Singer

Geoff CB: Script, Modeling(?)
I LOVE PIXAR!
Levan
Ant

Postby Mygames19 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:30 pm

I'm right here!

Working on some concept art, still working on the turtle. ;)

(Tell me, did I go a little overboard with the faces? XD)
Mygames19
Garbage Boy

Postby thewisecookiesheet » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:09 am

I'm here. I did think the topic died though.

Mygames: the turtle standing up looks like a koopa from mario x)

Both are good drawings though
thewisecookiesheet
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Levan » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:25 am

Mygames19 nice work!
thou i think there is too much of old Disney...

i like the idea of the tree very much. but i don't think it should be a live character. i think it would be better if the tree would have a shape that looks familiar and reminds us about old human face. and the foliage of the tree will be a reflection of it's mood.

i like your flower but there is a bigger problem with making the flower a live character.
in my story Flower bends and finally it brakes down... we do not want to kill any1 in our short film ;)

the sun is great.

butterfly is kinda fat...

and i am sorry but i would like to keep my turtle. at least hes mood and personality. :)
I LOVE PIXAR!
Levan
Ant

Postby Bradandez » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:56 am

Wow great idea .
I can do charecter design and story.
Newts!
Bradandez
Mutant Toy

Postby St_Jons » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:32 pm

I'm guessing this idea has died down a bit? A group project would be good but a hard thing to do. If it does kick off i could help with animation, I am currently in my final year on an animation and special effects course.

Im pretty busy with course work at the moment but might be able to spare time as im guessing it will be quite some time untill its ready for production
You can be so selfish, can't you see that i'm doing this for me!
St_Jons
Mutant Toy

Postby Mygames19 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:39 pm

Ehhh, well, the project hasn't really gotten support after our first rough "script" went up. I think it's mostly because of schooling, we just don't have enough time for a project like this with school in. But, maybe when Summer arrives again, we could get the ball rolling. ;)

As a side note, that art I posted? It's old. Nothing was drawn to porpotion to one another, so the Butterfly looks fat because it's zoomed in twise as much as the turtle. XD
That, and I was trying to replicate old Disney. You know, with everything having a face? riiiiiiight......
Mygames19
Garbage Boy

Postby GlennD » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:44 pm

This is amazing! Well I guess I'm to late, but I really hope it can be accomplished! I'm already very curious! :D
GlennD

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom