Pixar Planet

What do your family and friends think?

Are you a talented fan of Pixar? Show off your skills here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: What do your family and friends think?

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:51 am

Bonanna137 wrote:I'm glad my Best Friend does too, she just got back from Disneyland Paris and has sent me the Diecasts of Lightning and Francesco. God bless her :D

Aw, that's super sweet!
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Guitarlynn53 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:48 pm

I'm pretty sure they think I've lost my mind.....

follow me on twitter @Guitar_Viking :)

I'm just a guitar playing viking
Guitarlynn53
Garbage Boy

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:47 am

Guitarlynn53 wrote:I'm pretty sure they think I've lost my mind.....

Ha! I know that feeling. *cyber hug*
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby LQstudiesPixar » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:23 am

Luckily, my whole family loves or likes all of the Pixar feature films and short films. I think they still think my dream at Pixar could fade away in a couple of years. I'm not sure if they're taking me totally serious about it, but they'll be fine with it if I'm lucky enough to work there.
LQstudiesPixar
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:30 am

LQstudiesPixar wrote:Luckily, my whole family loves or likes all of the Pixar feature films and short films. I think they still think my dream at Pixar could fade away in a couple of years. I'm not sure if they're taking me totally serious about it, but they'll be fine with it if I'm lucky enough to work there.

I pray to the gods that someone from Pixar Planet ends up working there.
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Badger » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:01 am

Let's do this again!

My parents love Pixar! Not as much as I do, but my mom really likes their movies. So much, that other animated movies usually look a bit lacklustre to her, haha! I try to tell her that not every studio is capable of reaching Pixar-like results, but oh well. :lol: Though her favourite animated movie is How To Train Your Dragon, even if it is Dreamworks.

As for my dad, he always goes to the cinema with me because he wants to see the movies as well. Well, either that, or he doesn't want me to go alone (I tend to comment on things happening around me, and sometimes I tend to have the maturity of an eight-year old...) But I managed to drag him (and my mom) to Pixar films from Up onwards (sans Cars 2, which we missed out on) and a whole lot of other animated movies, and he's admitted that he likes them too. Most recently, Epic. We're all gonna see Monsters University in a week or two, in the same cinema we saw Monsters, Inc. in, just for the nostalgia. :') I'm so glad my parents like it a lot as well, because I hear so many stories from people on the Internet that animation is "kids' stuff". :( Well excuse me but it's just as much an art form as those paintings in a museum, thank you very much!
Badger
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Scarricature » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:33 pm

I don't think my family and friends really understand my love of Pixar and animation. When I took a tour of an art college and got a general understanding of the animation program and the cost I called my mother in order to get her "sage advice" (because in other matters she always knows what to say). She basically told me that for how much it cost "it wasn't worth it" and that there was a slim chance I would even get a job in the field anywhere, let alone Pixar. So she encouraged me to not do it. That brought me back to a conversation I had with my dad when I was in the 5th grade. We were driving somewhere discussing careers and I expressed to him how much I loved to draw and that I really wanted a career that would allow me to use my drawing ability. He told me that there weren't very many opportunity for artists and that basically if I decided to be an artist for a living I would be doomed to flipping burgers at McDonalds.... So I suggested animation because I loved Disney movies (then I was very unaware of Pixar, even though I'd seen some of their films, and also unaware of the work of Glen Keane). He then replied very ignorantly that they outsourced animation to Japan or something like that. I didn't know anything, so I took his word for it and stopped thinking about it for a while.

My brother on the other hand has been somewhat-supportive. Kind of off and on. Some days he's like "yeah dude go for it!" but some days he's like "thats really unlikely".

As for my general interest in Pixar/animation I'm no sure what they think, they don't really talk about it. They have always bought Pixar movies for us kids growing up and I think they kind of enjoy them, but they don't really get enthusiastic about stuff like that (for example I know my dad is a huge fan of Bruce Willis, but he won't admit it).

I have one friend that is really into Pixar like me. Its nice to have one person to share my enthusiasm with. We both dream of somehow getting a tour there someday and meeting all of our favorite animators/directors. An acquaintance of ours actually met John Lasseter while they were visiting Disneyland and we are both insanely jealous....
Scarricature
Ant

Previous

Return to Fandom