How did you enter the Pixar fandom?

Tell your stories here.

For me, it was probably about two years ago. I hadn’t seen Toy Story in a long time and I was having flashbacks about it, so I broke out the VHS. I popped the Toy Story tape in and the player spat it out mangled and ruined. I really wanted to watch Toy Story, so I got the DVDs for 1 and 2. I was enchanted by how great they were. But what really caused me to be a Pixar fan was when I looked at the “making of” features on the Toy Story DVDs. I was just like “…woah. Tags awesome!!” So then I started watching the stuff about the Pixar studio on the Monsters and Nemo DVDs, and I was blown away. So, I started to love Pixar and wanted to work there, so I joined this site. So, if that VHS player never broke, I probably wouldn’t even be here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I’ve been a very casual fan of Pixar since Toy Story, I knew they made amazing film after amazing film, but Up was the one that just GRABBED me. For those of you that know me well here, the rest is history. :wink:

I’ve always enjoyed Pixar’s movies for as long as I can remember. I think it was around when Finding Nemo came out that I really got interested in pursuing animation as a career. Since I loved all of Pixar’s movies, I thought I’d pop in the behind the scenes features and find out how they make their magic! Like Bryko, I was blown away. I knew I just had to work there some day and be a part of its amazing legacy. My love for everything Pixar grew and keeps growing.

I’ve definitely been a fan of their films for quite a while…I even remember getting excited about A Bug’s Life after seeing an article about it in a paper because I knew that it was made by the same company as those who had made Toy Story (one of my favourite films as a child and even now). I think I probably became an official fan when Monsters, Inc. was released and from then on I’d looked forward to every new release of a Pixar film. I remember a couple of years ago, for a little while I actually even wanted to work at Pixar, though I did soon realise that it wouldn’t be possible. But even so, I still ended up loving Pixar and appreciating just how much work they put into each of their films.

Nice topic for a thread, Bryko!

Well, I’ve always enjoyed Pixar’s movies. I grew up with Toy Story, A Bugs Life, and Monsters Inc. I saw Finding Nemo, but didn’t think much of it when I did. But The Incredibles was probably my favorite movie from Pixar (until Wall-E). Then I kinda grew up. I didn’t see Cars in theaters. I was dragged to Ratatouille, which I actually ended up liking. And so did my little sister. She got it on DVD for christmas, and I’d occasionally watch it with her. Then I noticed that Pixar made a bunch of my favorite animated movies, so I started watching those with my little sister too. Then I saw that Wall-E was coming out and I was like “yeah, whatever. It’ll probably be okay”. After seeing it, I was hooked. So I became an official fan on July 1, 2008. Then I joined here on September 28, 2007.

So yeah, that’s my story. Pixar’s awesome! :smiley:

I was introduced to Pixar as a very young child. I had a family member that worked at Pixar. So I had an obligation to watch (and love) Pixar films for the longest time. But even so, I have always loved and enjoyed Pixar and their wonderous work of storytelling.

It wasn’t until the Incredibles when I got into an obsessive mode. As my passion for TI grew, so did my love and obsession with Pixar.

I’ve said it before but I can say it again. It really all started with Nemo. I liked them okay up until that point, but Nemo was what sent me over the edge. Once I saw it I completely fell in love with it and got totally hooked on Pixar. I ended up seeing Nemo 10 times which at that time was a personal record for me. Anyone who knows me knows once I get hooked on something, I constantly need to feed that obsession, until I get overloaded by it, or something else comes along. So in my Nemo-induced stupor I had to have more Pixar so I went and got the Monsters Inc DVD and I ate up all those oodles of bonus features. Since then I became quite the Pixar fanatic. :slight_smile:

My story is really similar to lennonluvr9’s; it all started with Finding Nemo. Like, all of my family had grown up on Pixar films, and we had A Bug’s Life practically memorized at the ages of 6, 4, and 2. My little brother got die-hard into Toy Story when he was just about 4; well, all of us did. There was just something special about those particular movies apart from the many others we owned and loved to watch. We weren’t really sure what it was at such a young age, but with the release of Finding Nemo, something inside of us snapped.

Even before it was in theatres, my sister and I were obsessing over it. We’d constantly dream about what it was going to be like, talk about what the characters were going to act like, and wonder constantly about why exactly Nemo “ran away”. (For the longest time we thought he was some rebellious fish who didn’t like being sheltered by his overprotective father. :laughing:) Not long after we saw Finding Nemo at the movies, we bought Monsters Inc. on DVD (it was our first DVD, btw :stuck_out_tongue:) and ate up all the bonus features. It was then that we realized just how much work the people at Pixar put into their films, and were equally surprised at just how much they acted like kids, in a good way.

Our fandom went completely over the top with Cars, and as immature 13 and 11 year olds we could not stop talking about it to absolutely everyone, to the point of driving them insane. Luckily, when Ratatouille came out we were a little more reserved but knew for sure that we had found a healthy obsession with Pixar and their films. That was around the same time we found this site. I didn’t join until almost 2 years later, but I was constantly following what was happening over here and finding that we were not the only ones whose lives had been so drastically changed by this animation company and their incredible films.

And there you have it! The story lives on! :smiley:

little chef

I’ve loved Pixar all my life (I grew up with them, born in 1995, lol) and Up was the movie that converted me into a fan. If it wasn’t for Up, I don’t think I would be here.

Now I’m anxiously awaiting the release of The Bear and the Bow, Toy Story 3, and Newt :smiley:

high five Haha, very awesome. In the same boat here. Up just pulled me in, and I’ve been a mega-geek since. I was a geek about other stuff before, but now, I’m like ULTRA geek. Plus, I’ve got some notoriety inside the studio itself which is still mind-blowing, I’m just a crazed fan. Pixar’s just amazing.

For me, I was interested in PIXAR my whole life. Like a lot of you, I also grew up watching Toy Story and A Bug’s Life. After I learned how to swim underwater for 2 minutes when I was 5, my Mom got me a Woody doll and I loved it.
As I got older, I kind of grew out of them for some unexplainable reason. I admit that I kept watching the films as an occasional fan, but it wasn’t until I saw the theatrical trailer for WALL·E that really brought the studio back to my interest. Since then I’ve been a huge fan and preoccupy myself by building PIXAR stuff as an outlet until their next film.

I loved Toy Story, as a kid. Nemo is when I realized that all these great films were made by the same studio. As far as the actual fandom, though? I think I recall finding this place while looking up as much WALL-E related stuff as possible. xD

Pfew! I geuss I became a fan, let’s say, a bit more gradual than the most of you :wink: . In my youngest years I didn’t watch that many Pixar movies, but I do remember watching “A Bug’s Life” A LOT at a friends house. The first Pixar i saw on the silver screen must have been Monsters Inc. I was only 8 or 9 by the time but I remember I really liked it. When Nemo came around I was just turning 11. I remember seeing it with my sister and father in theathers, and I remember it was just soo funny!

After that I anxiously awaited the dvd release in March of '04. I began buying all the Pixar dvd’s and I just loved them! From that day on I was a pretty loyal, but casual fan.

After seeing Ratatouille (which I still find hard to spell :stuck_out_tongue: ) I became a more obsessive fan. Just in time for Pixar’s best work (to date). So yeah, from that point forward it really started.

Well, Animation has always been a big thing for me, I can’t remember ever not liking it. I’ve always appriciated the works of greats like Chuck Jones, and Tex Avery. I grew up watching Bugs Bunny, Hanna Barbera, and Disney. Being a child of the 90s I grew up watching Pixar as well. It wasn’t until my teens when I started really appriciating animation as an artform, especially Pixar. The detail, character design, lighting, music, stories, I could go on!!! What really hig home for me when I stoped just liking Pixar to becoming a true appriciater was when I saw Ratatouille in theaters. I was just blown away by the animation. The Detail. The music matching it. Now I’m completely obsessed!

Well… let’s see… It all started the night before my younger brother’s B-Day. He had gotten the cheap-o version of Wall-E and Kung-Fu Panda. We watched Wall-E first. I wanted to ignore it, but the more I heard the more I wanted to watch the movie. After about 10 minutes in the movie I convinced myself to log off the computer and watch it. And I loved it.

Than we watched Kung-Fu Panda. And I could see the difference. Some of the techniques where the same, but the storytelling was way different. And than, looking back at some of my favorite films, I had realized just how much I enjoyed Pixar films. So… I looked up Pixar Community on Google, and I was surprised to find this place! And so, here I am.

Now I plan to see a premiere at a local theater, something I never would have done without Pixar. :slight_smile: (TS3 would be the film I’m talking about, XD)

Through fanfiction.net really- I started writing fanfiction (NOT Pixar related) in my first year of university in order to help improve my written english.
(Which it did! Despite the odd mistake here and there, the fact is I think peer related critique would benefit kids at school A LOT in english, it sure did help me! Hope to zeus you never witness my first ever fanfiction- the Ninja Turtles, it is unedited and you will be struck by the horror that is bad grammar, spelling and just general mixing of tenses- beautiful huh?)

I eventually began rewatching Monsters.Inc. again one day at university because I’d brought it back with me after a visit from home, once again regaining the love of the characters Sulley and Randall all over again- the memories of what had grabbed me (along with Sulley’s relationship with Boo), coming back in this instance, as well as however my dissatisfaction with the incomplete ending and the exile. Plus the funny realisation that minus the illegal stuff, I used to be the Sulley to the best ever friend I ever made (who was my… Randall once.)

So I started writing fanfiction on Monsters Inc, a few random oneshots/prompts as well as a multichapter story I am still writing, not to mention editing. Then I discovered a fanboard for Randall who were willing to accept me even though I’m more of a Sulley fan out of the two (granted, I end up writing a lot on Randall). And the plot bunnies keep running and bugging me over M.I.! It’s a great world to get into- the characters really grabbed me, so I care about learning more about the world they live in, as well as anything what might happen to them. I LOVE world exploration and debate into that sort of thing.

Incredibles has begun to grab me a bit more (even though like M.I, I don’t think it’s perfect either).

I did contemplate going into the Incredibles and doing a story about Dash losing his powers, ages ago, but it seems pretty funny that the comics did them about BOB losing his powers… then again, I planned for Dash never to get them back and instead join some team of other non-super heroes in Europe, becoming a daredevil kind of non-super with vehicles. But it never got off the ground except for the image of an epilogue in my head where Dash was talking to Syndrome’s grave saying he forgave him and all.

Because I am a royal sap and have been positively affected by the aspect of forgiveness in both bittersweet and good ways from both ends, I have an abnormally high desire for redemption things or even just basic forgiveness and letting go stories. Of setting things right.

I am also a big sap for friendship/family things mostly, but part of that may be my inability to write romance all that well. Granted, I hope to work that out one day.

My Pixar Fandom started with the first Toy Story. To be honest I didn’t really care that it was the first ever computer animated movie. Mind you… I was 6, so from my POV I thought everything I was watching on the big screen was real. Haha, after the movie I was convinced that my toys were alive for a while and I tried to catch them in the act. XD

But I didn’t really truly embrace my Pixar Fandom until I saw Toy Story 2 in theaters. I remember being in the movie theater, waiting for some movie to start and when the previews came on, my parents started geeking out when the trailer(the one with the aliens going “Ooooo twooooo” ), popped up. I remember hearing a few people getting all excited when Woody and Buzz popped up on the screen and I thought “Awesome”.

Of course I wanted to see it, but I didn’t think much of it until the other trailers started showing up. Finally when Toy Story 2 came out in theaters, my parents took me and my sister during the weekend to see it and the theater was packed. Everyone in the theater had a great time and was laughing all throughout at everything. My parents and my sister loved it and so did I. Eventually I just couldn’t get enough of Toy Story and Pixar. I love Pixar and I get excited whenever any movie of theirs comes out, but Toy Story will always have a special place in my heart.<3

I’ve always been one. My disability causes me to obsess over one narrow topic, and when I was little(I too was born in 1995) it was Toy Story. I love them all, but it wasn’t until I was 9(The Incredibles!!!) that I realized that I love all of them. Finding Nemo was a great disappointment, and caused me some emotional strife. It was the only Pixar film so far that I didn’t like, and the plot just depressed me. Last year(Up), I realized how much I loved all their movies. I got over Nemo, it’s okay; not enjoyable for me, but okay. Now I like it to some point. Up is the only Pixar movie that brings me to tears of joy, Nemo brings me to tears of pure mental anguish and being disturbed. I latch to all the characters, though. I love all the characters from the Toy Story series, The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, and Up. The Incredibles and Toy Story are my favorites, and the ones that sucked me into Pixar. I have to say again, though, that Up makes me cry at the beginning, the climax(Carl opens the adventure book <3), and end. That movie really shook me on my birthday, and I believe with all my soul that it is a pure, unstained, masterpeice. :cry: :cry: I can’t get the last 20 minutes out of my little noggin.

My first glance at Pixar fandom was an accident–it all started when I was looking for pictures of EVE on Google, when suddenly, I saw this picture, and I thought, maybe they put that picture in my search because someone must have said it looked like EVE, but then I look at the guy right next to her and all of a sudden said to myself: “That’s EVE and WALL•E in human form!!!”

I then started browsing around for as many human WALL•E pics as possible, and eventually Finding Nemo and Cars. And as I searched for more Pixar fan-art, that’s how I stumbled upon this forum. :wink:

I first started liking Pixar when I saw WALL-E. I didn’t think I would like it, but I did! And then a few months later we rented Toy Story from the library. I watched it, and noticed A113 on the license plate on the car. I reciognized it from WALL-E and got curious. So I found out all about it and read more about Pixar. I read as much as I could because I just couldn’t get enough of Pixar. Finally, on my birthday, after a long and torturous wait, I got WALL-E on DVD. Then I bought Monsters Inc. special 2 disc edition on DVD and decided from then on to collect Pixar movies (with all the extra special features, not just one disc.) I looked at all the WALL-E reviews on Wikipedia and found Pixarplanet from there. Of course, I looked at the WALL-E stuff on here too and got myself an account. :smiley: