Pixar Planet

How did you enter the Pixar fandom?

Are you a talented fan of Pixar? Show off your skills here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby mentalguru » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Through fanfiction.net really- I started writing fanfiction (NOT Pixar related) in my first year of university in order to help improve my written english.
(Which it did! Despite the odd mistake here and there, the fact is I think peer related critique would benefit kids at school A LOT in english, it sure did help me! Hope to zeus you never witness my first ever fanfiction- the Ninja Turtles, it is unedited and you will be struck by the horror that is bad grammar, spelling and just general mixing of tenses- beautiful huh?)

I eventually began rewatching Monsters.Inc. again one day at university because I'd brought it back with me after a visit from home, once again regaining the love of the characters Sulley and Randall all over again- the memories of what had grabbed me (along with Sulley's relationship with Boo), coming back in this instance, as well as however my dissatisfaction with the incomplete ending and the exile. Plus the funny realisation that minus the illegal stuff, I used to be the Sulley to the best ever friend I ever made (who was my... Randall once.)

So I started writing fanfiction on Monsters Inc, a few random oneshots/prompts as well as a multichapter story I am still writing, not to mention editing. Then I discovered a fanboard for Randall who were willing to accept me even though I'm more of a Sulley fan out of the two (granted, I end up writing a lot on Randall). And the plot bunnies keep running and bugging me over M.I.! It's a great world to get into- the characters really grabbed me, so I care about learning more about the world they live in, as well as anything what might happen to them. I LOVE world exploration and debate into that sort of thing.

Incredibles has begun to grab me a bit more (even though like M.I, I don't think it's perfect either).

I did contemplate going into the Incredibles and doing a story about Dash losing his powers, ages ago, but it seems pretty funny that the comics did them about BOB losing his powers... then again, I planned for Dash never to get them back and instead join some team of other non-super heroes in Europe, becoming a daredevil kind of non-super with vehicles. But it never got off the ground except for the image of an epilogue in my head where Dash was talking to Syndrome's grave saying he forgave him and all.

Because I am a royal sap and have been positively affected by the aspect of forgiveness in both bittersweet and good ways from both ends, I have an abnormally high desire for redemption things or even just basic forgiveness and letting go stories. Of setting things right.

I am also a big sap for friendship/family things mostly, but part of that may be my inability to write romance all that well. Granted, I hope to work that out one day.
The one whose every other post should probably more or less end with 'TL: DR'.

Haven't been here in a while. Hi!
mentalguru
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby KarmaWolf » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:09 am

My Pixar Fandom started with the first Toy Story. To be honest I didn't really care that it was the first ever computer animated movie. Mind you... I was 6, so from my POV I thought everything I was watching on the big screen was real. Haha, after the movie I was convinced that my toys were alive for a while and I tried to catch them in the act. XD

But I didn't really truly embrace my Pixar Fandom until I saw Toy Story 2 in theaters. I remember being in the movie theater, waiting for some movie to start and when the previews came on, my parents started geeking out when the trailer(the one with the aliens going "Ooooo twooooo" ), popped up. I remember hearing a few people getting all excited when Woody and Buzz popped up on the screen and I thought "Awesome".

Of course I wanted to see it, but I didn't think much of it until the other trailers started showing up. Finally when Toy Story 2 came out in theaters, my parents took me and my sister during the weekend to see it and the theater was packed. Everyone in the theater had a great time and was laughing all throughout at everything. My parents and my sister loved it and so did I. Eventually I just couldn't get enough of Toy Story and Pixar. I love Pixar and I get excited whenever any movie of theirs comes out, but Toy Story will always have a special place in my heart.<3
Image"Mew! :3" Twitter= @KarmaWolf
KarmaWolf
Garbage Boy

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sat May 29, 2010 4:37 am

I've always been one. My disability causes me to obsess over one narrow topic, and when I was little(I too was born in 1995) it was Toy Story. I love them all, but it wasn't until I was 9(The Incredibles!!!!!!) that I realized that I love all of them. Finding Nemo was a great disappointment, and caused me some emotional strife. It was the only Pixar film so far that I didn't like, and the plot just depressed me. Last year(Up), I realized how much I loved all their movies. I got over Nemo, it's okay; not enjoyable for me, but okay. Now I like it to some point. Up is the only Pixar movie that brings me to tears of joy, Nemo brings me to tears of pure mental anguish and being disturbed. I latch to all the characters, though. I love all the characters from the Toy Story series, The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, and Up. The Incredibles and Toy Story are my favorites, and the ones that sucked me into Pixar. I have to say again, though, that Up makes me cry at the beginning, the climax(Carl opens the adventure book <3), and end. That movie really shook me on my birthday, and I believe with all my soul that it is a pure, unstained, masterpeice. :cry: :cry: I can't get the last 20 minutes out of my little noggin.
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

How did you enter the Pixar fandom

Postby JustSoWall-eCrazy » Sat May 29, 2010 4:56 am

My first glance at Pixar fandom was an accident--it all started when I was looking for pictures of EVE on Google, when suddenly, I saw this picture, and I thought, maybe they put that picture in my search because someone must have said it looked like EVE, but then I look at the guy right next to her and all of a sudden said to myself: "That's EVE and WALL•E in human form!!!!!"

I then started browsing around for as many human WALL•E pics as possible, and eventually Finding Nemo and Cars. And as I searched for more Pixar fan-art, that's how I stumbled upon this forum. :wink:
JustSoWall-eCrazy
Master Scarer

Postby skunklover » Sat May 29, 2010 5:56 pm

I first started liking Pixar when I saw WALL-E. I didn't think I would like it, but I did! And then a few months later we rented Toy Story from the library. I watched it, and noticed A113 on the license plate on the car. I reciognized it from WALL-E and got curious. So I found out all about it and read more about Pixar. I read as much as I could because I just couldn't get enough of Pixar. Finally, on my birthday, after a long and torturous wait, I got WALL-E on DVD. Then I bought Monsters Inc. special 2 disc edition on DVD and decided from then on to collect Pixar movies (with all the extra special features, not just one disc.) I looked at all the WALL-E reviews on Wikipedia and found Pixarplanet from there. Of course, I looked at the WALL-E stuff on here too and got myself an account. :D
skunklover
Toy Collector

Postby Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:35 pm

Once upon a time there was a little girl named Ami. Her favourite movies were always animated ones, some of which included the Toy Stories and Monsters, Inc.
She may not have known it, but the creators of those movies would make a big impact on her life someday.
Ami also had a huge interest in cars. She owned a wide colection of Hotwheels as well as Barbies through her early childhood. She always had a good chat with real life cars because they were her friends. Sometimes she even gave hugs to real life cars when Daddy got fed up of them and changed them.

Then one day, 11-year-old Ami saw a trailer for a talking cars film whilst in theatres. She noticed it was from the same creators as her memorable early childhood movies. "Pixar can read my mind!" she would exclaim.
After several months of sheer anticipation, Ami saw this movie on Thursday August 3rd 2006 and was abosolutely blown away by it.
It was then that she declared that she wanted to work for Pixar.
Every year since, she has seen every Pixar movie and to this day has remained a true fan. Her dream hasn't faded, and certainly never will.
Whoever thought that an oblivious little girl fascinated by a studio's films would grow up to be a crazed fan of their work.

There's my "story" :lol:
Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Sarah » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:31 pm

It all started for me on my 16th birthday. I'd seen most of the other movies many times but I never was really into them, but after seeing Wall-E on my birthday I fell in love with the studio, and after a couple months of googling facts about Wall-E ( was really into robotics at the time) I started looking up stuff about computer graphics and realizing how awesome it all is. Then I watched the Pixar Story on the Wall-E DVD and well, now it's my life. <3
Sarah
Shark Bait

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:25 am

Sarah wrote:\seeing Wall-E on my birthday I fell in love with the studio

Best birthday ever!!!
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby pixarfan9099 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:42 am

Well, it all started soon after October 29, 1996. My father came with a VHS of a movie my parents had never heard called Toy Story. So I watched and fell head over heels in love with it. Whenever I would watch, my mom knew she had 81 minutes of free time. Then, in 1999, a little film called Toy Story 2 was released and I was enthralled. After that, I fell in love with every Pixar film afterwards. Then, after knowing what Toy Story 3 was about, an idea popped in my head, what if Andy grew up even more and had a kid? And that was how my fanfic, Toy Story 4, was born.
Visit my Pixar blog: http://yetanotherpixarblog.blogspot.com/ I'm a Pixarteer Emeritus Read Monsters, Inc. 2
pixarfan9099
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby K9Girl » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:09 am

I've seen Pixar movies all my life, I think the first Pixar movie i saw was Toy Story 2. I liked it, but i was really little and didn't care much for movies. :) Then a year or two later, I saw A Bug's Life. I HATED that one, because whenever it was on tv I would always be just in time for the part where hopper says "the sun grows the food, the ants pick the food, etc." then i saw Toy Story and toy story 2 made sense. (I had n idea these movies were all made by the same company yet.) Then, if I'm correct, I saw Finding nemo on dvd. That one i liked. Then a few months later I saw Monsters inc and loved it so much that it was my favorite Pixar movie for a while. By the time The Incredibles was on dvd, I learned about pixar. except at that time all i thought was "oh, ok." Then i saw the trailer for Cars, I thought it looked dumb. Then a year later, my mom said we could go see a movie. We had a choice: Over the Hedge, or Cars. I am SO glad we decided to see Cars. My mom picked up the phrase Ka-chow!, but it was so much better than seeing Over the Hedge, which I did when it came out on dvd. That's when I started to like Pixar, but i still wasn't a huge fan. A while after that, I decided to try A Bug's Life again. And this time it was really good. Then I saw Ratatouille. That was when I REALLY liked Pixar, and the next year I had a mild case of WALL-E fever, and the year after that I was counting down the days before Up came out. And now I'm still counting down the days before I get to see Toy Story 3 in theaters (June 23-13 more days-I can't wait!)
PIXAR ROCKS 8)
K9Girl
Master Scarer

Location: Warning my friends about the free pistachio ice cream

Re: How did you enter the Pixar fandom?

Postby Guitarlynn53 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:56 pm

I was 9 years old the year the Incredibles came out. And i remember my dad taking me and my family to the theaters to see it. Then i came out i wasn't the same, my thoughts where swirling with scenes from the movie,I felt like i could fly, lift buildings and run super fast!! and from then on i was hooked on pixar for life. But i didn't think to work for them until my mom said why don't you work for pixar studios. :D

follow me on twitter @Guitar_Viking :)

I'm just a guitar playing viking
Guitarlynn53
Garbage Boy

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:09 am

I was born. The end. :P I don't remember a time before I was obsessed with Toy Story, so there it is.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby The Star Swordsman » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:35 am

When you have a family member that helped make the movies, then in a sense, you are kind of force to be a fan. Glad that I was though.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:18 am

I've always wished and hoped for a Pixarian relative. Clearly, it isn't going to happen.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby The Star Swordsman » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:55 am

At least you've got a PP friend that has a Pixarian relative.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom