Fanon Pixar ships ahoy!

Fanon Pixar ships ahoy!

Now there’s no denying that Pixar have come up with some wonderful canon ships for us to enjoy.

From the adorable and inspiring WALL-E and EVE, a Mr. And Mrs. Incredible proving that indeed, marriage can be incredibly hot after many years, not to mention the bitter sweet representation of Carl and Ellie in Pixar’s most recent film Up, it has to be said that Pixar has some good examples or romantic relationships which many can love and still do. And I hope this does continue!

However I am sure there are many among us who have entertained, either through fan-art, fan-fiction or simply the dark corners of our minds, the couplings which Pixar did not give us- in other words, the fanon ships.

This little thread is simply a place where we can express and discuss some love for such pairings!

Just some recommendations:

-Keep all content PG. Although subtleness can indeed help around this, I think you know what I mean. :wink:. This is Pixar Planet.

-Overall, show respect for both shippers of canon and fanon. You can state you disagree with a pairing and why, but don’t be deliberately insulting or horrible. No ridiculous comments like ‘slash is ew’, or calling people ‘stupid’ just because it conflicts with YOUR preferred pairing. I have been on the side of both loving and loathing canon ships in crazier fandoms (both Avatar: the last airbender and Harry Potter respectively), and I am in no mood for Pixar to go down the same route as these fandoms do in terms of shipping. This is just for fun. Come one and all- het, slash and even crossovers! (As long as both the movies are Pixar and no OCs).

I’ll admit I probably won’t be keen on a fanon ship which conflicts with WALL-E and EVE for instance, nor do I care for the Incredibles ship Violet X Syndrome which is apparently popular, and I dislike Boo X Sulley (yes, even with her grown up), but we all have a right to express what we want to here (within reason).

In order to get the ball rolling, I’ll begin. It is also hoped that you use the template of questions I use! You don’t have to answer them all if you don’t want to, but I hope you do!

Pairing:

Celia X Sulley (Monsters Inc)

Does this ship conflict with a designated canon ship? If so which one and do you like it too?

Yes; Mike X Celia, and not really, though I don’t hate it either. Although I find Celia being angry at Mike entertaining, can’t say I love it either. In the movie of course, I am more concerned with Sulley, Randall and Boo and even Waternoose and the CDA in terms of interest. Still it can be funny in of itself! :smiley:

When did you first contemplate this ship?

Generally from simply thinking about Celia recently for no other reason other than the fact I adore Monsters Inc. She is my favourite minor character in the movie, and Sulley is my favourite Pixar character of all time.

Reality check time! How likely is it that this ship would EVER happen? Horrendously unlikely, unlikely, average chance, above average chance or I-can’t-believe-they-aren’t-canon chance.

Unlikely. Celia (for whatever reason) seems too attached to Mike and I doubt Sulley would do that to his friend! However, if Mike and Celia broke up and after a considerable amount of time… who knows?

Do you prefer One sided (and if so show which direction) or reciprocated?

Both are fine. Although I love humour, I have times when I need a touch of angst. The one-sided thing could go either way too for me.

I have to ask: WHY?

Because I love the pair of them as separate characters. Also because it is generally just pretty funny to think about. (Yes, it is somewhat of a crack!pairing). Also, generally speaking, I feel like Sulley and Celia would make an interesting coupling. Admittedly, a love of Boo also drives it- I could see Celia, when she gets used to the idea of human children not being toxic, taking a maternal shine to Boo. Coupled with Sulley’s own parental feelings, there’s potential for sparks.

As long as she doesn’t call him ‘Sulley-Wully’ to much that is, but that kind of awkwardness and disbelief and heck even distaste that Sulley displays to the Celia X Mike display is almost adorable even if the nicknames are a bit sickening. But Celia has always struck me as a bit younger then Mike and Sulley, and I think she’ll grow out of that phase eventually.
(Seriously, how old is Celia?)

Also even without romance, I like the idea of them becoming friends at the very least! I think it could be fun.

Show the pairing some love! Either show off your fanart/fanfic (with links) or even an admired piece of the aforementioned by someone else instead, or simply post a short drabble right here, right now! (REMEMBER: Please try to keep it PG!):

[i]As the little girl buried her head into the pillow, promising finally that she would indeed go to sleep, the furred monster sat down on the edge of the large bed, the sinking sensation causing him to immediately look behind him to see he didn’t disturb her.

Celia, visiting with him smiled at his light concern. “You’re so good with her.” She said both assuredly and warmly, patting his hand, also sitting on the edge of the bed.

Suddenly, for no apparent reason Sulley stared at her in shock. The sudden jolt he’d felt… that could not be a good thing.

“Well, uh, time to go!” he said very quickly, standing up and awkwardly looking away. “Do you need a lift? Uh no, you drove here right? Want to stay here a few minutes with her? That’s okay! I’ll go! See you tomorrow Celia! Bye Boo. Love you.”

He shut the door swiftly behind him and Celia sat down on the bed in surprise. Boo also sat up, unable to feign being asleep any longer, not saying anything but looking at the female monster in confusion as well as the door.

Then Celia spoke up, her tone filled with amusement.

“Um, Sulley-Wully?” she teased, deciding to call him by his hated nickname “You do know you just walked through her bedroom door instead of the closet right?”

At first silence was all she heard, until an embarrassed voice eventually spoke up from just behind it:

“…well I do now.”[/i]

So I hope this thread gets at least SOME action! Plus tell me what you think of my drabble.
And yes, I know they never will be canon and it would never happen. But like I said: this is just for fun. :smiley:

Wow, the first to reply… I don’t think anyone would have seen me as a “shipper” that would dare ruin the delicate internal balances of well-crafted Pixar couples. :laughing:

As much as I adore WALL•E and EVE’s unique, beautiful, untainted relationship (heck, my boyfriend and I are using them as examples of what love and relationships SHOULD be like), my pairing unfortunately interferes with them. :blush: But I’ll explain why it could work in a minute.

Pairing:

EVE X AUTO (WALL•E)

Does this ship conflict with a designated canon ship? If so, which one and do you like it, too?

Well, heck yeah, it interferes with the most canon ship ever in the history of worlds, WALL•E X EVE!!! D8 And I personally adore this canon ship, don’t get me wrong! As I said before, my boyfriend and I are actually using their relationship as an example for ours, and I just can’t get over how sweet, innocent and beautiful their relationship is. <3

Umm, probably about six months after WALL•E came out on DVD. My sister and I are always coming up with stories about characters we’ve made up and characters from movies we love (usually Pixar movies :stuck_out_tongue:) and through some of those stories this pairing kind of umm… happened.

Reality check time! How likely is it that this ship would EVER happen? Horrendously unlikely, unlikely, average chance, above average chance, or I-can’t-believe-they-aren’t-canon chance?

I’d actually have to say there is an above average chance that this pairing could [have been] canon. I certainly don’t think it could have been canon for the film, but perhaps for a prequel or something. (In fact, I’m currently collaborating with a fellow member on a fanfic dealing with this. :laughing:) AUTO in the film is so worried about his directive and the disruption of it thereof that he does not form the sentience needed to express and feel love for a robot like EVE, who seems to have first learned how to love from WALL•E.

Do you prefer one-sided (and if show which direction) or reciprocated?

For this pairing, I actually prefer one-sided. I don’t see EVE as being as responsive to AUTO’s feelings for her; either that or she would be practically clueless as to why he does feel that way about her, since she has not developed the ability to override program and exhibit these emotions. Although I could also see it reciprocated depending on the storyline (which frequently changes thanks to me and my sis).

A relationship between the two seems almost right, as EVE seems to be in the same class of robot hierarchy as AUTO or GO-4: the Captain comes first and is in charge of AUTO, who oversees most of what goes on on the Axiom; he is in charge of GO-4 who is an assistant to AUTO and also the police chief of the Steward Bots who maintain order on the ship. EVE also has an important place as she and her fellow scouts search for plant life on Earth, which will help the Captain return his crew and passengers back to their home, as was intended from the start of the mass exodus. Since EVE and AUTO work so closely together, and since her directive clearly conflicts with his, it allows a chance for them to cross paths and follows an “opposites attract” kind of storyline.

AUTO, however, could very well be snapped out of his own programming and willingly forfeit his directive by observing EVE’s graceful movements, listening to the gentle tones of her voice, or by simply witnessing the respect and honor she has for him as Axiom Superior.

Show the pairing some love! Either show off your fanart/fanfic (with links) or even an admired piece of the aforementioned by someone else instead, or simply post a short drabble right here, right now! (REMEMBER: Please try to keep it PG!):

Well, since we’re actually touching on this pairing in a fanfiction collaboration, take a look at me and AUTOA113’s work-in-progress, Not Possible. We’re only up to Chapter Three, but we really wanted to explore this pairing and see how well we can pull it of in our writing. :slight_smile:

little chef

I’m actually in a roleplay that had this one sided for it. I’m totally against it actually working out (I wrote 8000 words on WEVE for crying out loud) but it added an interesting dynamic to developing Auto as a one sided thing.

But anyways…

Pairing:

WALL-E/PR-T, one sided from PR-T

Does this ship conflict with a designated canon ship? If so which one and do you like it too?

No, because it’s one sided only.

When I watched the movie, I saw it moments after PR-T showed up.

Reality check time! How likely is it that this ship would EVER happen?

Very! It’s totally obvious!

Do you prefer One sided (and if show which direction) or reciprocated?

One sided, as mentioned before.

PR-T SAID HE LOOKS GORGEOUS!!

bricked

Okay, okay, sorry. I’m kidding. I don’t really have a fanon ship for Pixar. .xD;

Oooh, this is fun. Let me try:

Pairing:

PR-T and VN-GO (WALL•E)

About a year ago, probably a few months after I saw WALL•E.

Reality check time! How likely is it that this ship would EVER happen? Horrendously unlikely, unlikely, average chance, above average chance or I-can’t-believe-they-aren’t-canon chance.

I think it’s very likely. After all, the reject-bots all probably became familiar with each other while in the repair ward before WALL•E arrived, so that must have given some rejects a chance for romance.

I was trying to come up with random pairings for the reject-bots. However, I noticed that PR-T and VN-GO both have artistic talents, difering only with then given directives. VN-GO paints with acrylics, PR-T paints with cosmetics. He makes art on a canvas (or wall), she makes art on her clients. He captures beauty on paper, she creates beauty on a face. <3

I was gonna mention Auto x Eve and VN-GO x PR-T, but little_chef and JustSoWall-eCrazy coincidentally beat me to it! And explained it perfectly. Curses! :stuck_out_tongue:

So I’ll go with another one of mine:

Pairing:

Mater and Sally

About a year after watching Cars, when I read a fanfic where one writer wrote a ‘what-if’ scenario where Sally dumped Lightning for Mater. I can’t remember the title at the moment, so if any fellow Cars fan has happened to read it, I’d really like to know it!

Above-average chance. It’s pretty obvious from the movie there’s some faint flirting going on between the two (the courteous greetings, “She loves me for my body”, Mater offering to cruise with Sally), so there may have been something going on before Lightning came on the scene. And like the fanfic writer pointed out, Sally was pretty protective of Mater when she learned of Lightning’s half-hearted promise of the helicopter ride.

Do you prefer One sided (and if show which direction) or reciprocated?

It would be amusing if Mater kept coming on to Sally and she keeps rejecting his advances or continues treating him as a ‘friend’. The ‘class system’ in the Cars world (he’s a tow truck, she’s a sports car) can be an interesting aspect too.

Refer to above. But yeah, I think Mater is more of an innately good guy than Lightning (who started off a jerk but later becomes a nice guy). Plus, having spent more time together, they would know each other’s personalities and interests more as friends than Lightning’s 3-day ‘instant crush’.

Show the pairings some love!

I considered touching on this aspect of their ‘were-they-weren’t-they’ relationship as a love triangle in my 24 crossover fanfic. I may resuscitate the fanfic or save it for another fanfic. :slight_smile:

TDIT: Wasn’t the plot something like Sally kissed Mater to make Lightning jealous or something? 'Cause if that’s the one your referring to, it’s called Fooled Around and Fell In Love. If not . . . oh well, I tried.

Oh my! Who knew we’d share ideas? :open_mouth:

Goodness!! And I seriously thought I was the only one who had come up with VN-GO x PR-T!!! (Except that ship is for them in human form. xDD) :open_mouth:

And I was even going to make fanarts of it before you mentioned it! :open_mouth:

little chef

Lightning&Doc: Thank you! That’s the one! Gosh, I remember reading the first chapter, and I was like… “Why didn’t I notice the signs before?” :smiley: I didn’t complete reading it for some reason… I should pick it up again! Thanks again!

little_chef and JustSoWalleCrazy: Great minds think alike… :wink:

Oh yeah, come to think of it, I kinda liked VN-GO x PR-T for a while there too… xD; I just forgot cause it’s impossible in an RP I’m in and that’s sorta turned into my second head canon.

Wowa! Quite a few WALL-E fans huh? I must admit, AUTO X EVE IS a… little interesting. I also enjoyed the fanfic so far!

Oh gods- BLASPHEMY! Also, the other WALL-E pairing involving PR-T and VN-GO made me giggle.

Now for ANOTHER fanon pairing from me! A crossover one. And warningl it has a human with a MONSTER.

I must state that in canon, I don’t LIKE the idea of these two movies crossing over at all- so you can imagine the dilemma, I like this pairing but would scream bloody murder at joining these two universes ANYWHERE outside of fanon- whereas in fan comics and fanfics it’ s fun to see and do, in canon, it just looks lazy, not to mention the fact I want the human world in Monsters Inc to be OURS, or like ours, as in without superheroes.

I’d rather also for instance, if an older Boo had an Incredibles comic in her room then have a news story of them saving the day in the background of her home. Even in cameos, even giving the hint of suggestion they are the same in canon would suck.

Pairing:

Randall X Mirage (Monsters Inc X The Incredibles)

Randall doesn’t seem to have one, but Mirage… I guess you could say Syndrome. And it’s okay, and I do enjoy it on some level. But Syndrome is probably DEAD. I think that, at the very least, means Mirage is now single.

(Of course, it’s possible he’s still around… I guess).

Besides, I like this pairing in fanon only really.

Blame Pitbulllady and her fanart of the two on her DevArt account…heh.

Horrendously unlikely! The Incredibles universe just doesn’t fit in as Boo’s human world at all for me- I don’t actually like the idea of it being canon. Fanon though? Sure. That’s fun!

For the sake of argument, if they were in the same universe and Randall discovered humans were PEOPLE not ANIMALS as socially he has been led to believe like all monsters in the beginning of the movie… then there’s an average chance. Heck, maybe even above average who knows right?

And it could be hot. No denying it.

Do you prefer One sided (and if so show which direction) or reciprocated?

Reciprocated definitly, though I’d like some… denial on some part by either of the two of course at first.

(Laughs. Really hard.).

For a start- Randall is my 2nd favourite character in Pixar of all time (right after Sulley) and I think the poor guy needs some love in his life since it seems like he has none at all in the movie. Putting him with a human appeals as well because of the certain forbidden element, but there’s also something about Mirage in general…

Mirage is my favourite female character of Pixar. No, seriously. I find her pretty attractive myself actually too. But I think Mirage would be good for Randall and vice versa. She’s brave and although she also has to work for the main antagonist in the movie too, she does the right thing in the end. I think she could be a good influence on him.

I think Randall might also appeal to her rebellious streak too. Just a bit. Plus their banter could be great in the right setting.

Plus, Randall and her would have A LOT of fun I imagine!

(AU, set while Syndrome is still alive and Mirage still working for him) (Not even very shippy actually. Randall just oozes that something though.).

[i]“You’re not like the others you know.”

She paused, her hands having been currently flicking through the data sheet, but she didn’t look up. This was rather unusual. More than unusual in fact. She had never heard him talk, not once since he had been brought to this facility several months ago.

Her superior had brought this… she wasn’t sure if she could call it a ‘creature’… only a few months ago.

Back then, he had ranted and raved to her over the spectacular ‘find’.

Mirage herself had not known what to think. The… once again she wasn’t sure what to call it… had looked more than a little worse for wear.

“To think two idiots were going to use the guy for a stupid dog fight!” Her boss had laughed. “I mean, how lame! They had no idea what they even had!”

“Do you?” she had asked.

And at that, the red haired man had frowned. “Well… no, actually, but I will!” he had stated confidently.

Considering the scars it had possessed, she had at first wonder if perhaps it had already gone through one. But no, further study of the scars had indicated that most of them were instead from the result of some kind of instrument… something metal…

Although he had healed generally under her and the scientists care, some of the scars would never really disappear. Not like HE apparently could do, according to Syndrome.

He wanted to understand the power- which the… subject, yes that would fit,… had displayed accidently to both his captors and Syndrome himself. He wished for the power himself, and thus needed to understand it’s properties and how it worked.

Progress was slow. He had not displayed this apparent ability in all the time he had been here, and Syndrome became increasingly frustrated. Over time he abandoned is then pet project to his lower researchers, telling them that they were only to call him if any discoveries had been made. In truth the power was really something he had only wanted on a whim, a way of perhaps ‘rounding off’ his already impressive collection.

He only wanted information regarding the ability. Nothing else mattered.

Mirage herself was more curious, and had a good scientific background herself, and while it was not part of her main duties, a part of her couldn’t help but be fascinated.

Was it an entire new species of their own planet? A being of another world? How intelligent was it?

Sometimes Mirage HAD indeed got the impression that perhaps it understood more than it was letting on as they ran tests. But a part of her had put it down to an overactive imagination.

Like all real scientists, their experimentation was gentle, yet at the same time rigorous and meticulous. Only sadists after all caused intentional harm against their subjects for no reason, for that is not the purpose of scientific endeavours- it was a purpose of discovery, something which could never happen if he died on them or was severely damaged. Particulary since he was their ONLY subject.

Still all the same, interest had dwindled over time, until somehow SHE had been found to be in charge of him, with only two other scientists aiding her and answering her questions.

At first however it took a while for the full ramifications to sink in regarding the conclusions which could be drawn from his small sentence:

It…He.

He could understand.

He could speak.

He could speak ENGLISH.

He was SENTIENT.

She looked up in alarm.

And then he did something else he had not done before. The crested multi-limbed monster, which in appearance was a reptile and yet internally was a mammal, winked.

And although at first she was surprised, she smiled in return.[/i]

I just thought of a new one!

Pairing:

Computer X Auto (WALL•E)

No, it doesn’t.

I was actually thinking about this just this week, but never really expanded on it until now.

It is very likely that Auto and the Computer may have had some romance. I mean, they’re the ones running the whole ship!

For the reason stated above, and I sort of see the relationship being like that of Plankton and his computer wife Karen (from SpongeBob), or even like Dr. Drakken and Shego (from Kim Possible). I see Auto as being all maniacal and deluded by grandiose plans, and the Computer being the one to mock him and and times present a more logical solution.

Ooh, I like that MirageXRandall idea, MG. He’s almost as slimey as she is…almost…

(Can this be canon? I don’t really have any that aren’t)

Whoa! JustSoWall-eCrazy’s pairing is a great idea! :open_mouth: I can’t believe I never thought of that.

Pairing:
Buttercup x Trixie (TS3)

Nope, not really unless you consider TrixiexRex to be cannon.

Very recently. Like yesterday(ish). I don’t really know.

Reality check time! How likely is it that this ship would EVER happen? Horrendously unlikely, unlikely, average chance, above average chance or I-can’t-believe-they-aren’t-canon chance?
Very unlikely, which is unfortunate. I mean, they’re two different species, and everything, plus with Rex around now…

I have to ask: WHY? I just think it would be adorable. shrug
Do I need a better reason?

Well, I feel obligated to do this, so here it goes.

Pairing:

Synlet. -cue mass booing-

Does this ship conflict with a designated canon ship? If so, which one and do you like it, too?

It conflicts with two, actually. While Syndrome/Mirage is okay, even enjoyable on occasion, I don’t like Viony. I find Tony far too bland and Violet is too much like me for me to accept her with a bland guy.

The night I rewatched it for the first time (December 21, 2008) I decided to look up some fanart on dA, and there were immense amounts of Synlet waiting for me. At first I was like “what the heck?!” And then I started reading one of the fanfics. :laughing:

Reality check time! How likely is it that this ship would EVER happen? Horrendously unlikely, unlikely, average chance, above average chance, or I-can’t-believe-they-aren’t-canon chance?

Very small. If Syndrome isn’t dead, he would probably never be accepted by a girl who he tried to kill, unless it was a stockholm syndrome situation (heh, I made a funny) and I doubt that he’d be alive long if either of the parents found out. It’s pretty much bordering on impossible.

Do you prefer one-sided (and if show which direction) or reciprocated?

Personally, I prefer reciprocated, but I think that one-sided would be WAY more plausible and easier. Violet could pretty easily get concerned with how he became the way he did and maybe do some research on him or something, and then finds herself liking a dead person… I don’t know.

Well, for every reason not to ship it there’s two reasons why for me so I’ll try and keep this short. Syndrome/Mirage is Done, capital D intended. Violet and Tony are teenage lovers, which in a good number of cases don’t go anywhere in life. It’s all part of figuring out who you are, which is a big problem for Vi. If Tony decided to dump her for whatever reason, she wouldn’t be wearing those pink shirts anymore. That I can guarantee.

They seem to be on opposite sides of the power line- she doesn’t want her powers and has them, he wants them and doesn’t. They have similar senses of humor, and Syndrome (at least in one visible instance) does seem to like thin girls. Plus, the love/hate between the two is amazing. There are a TON more reasons, but I’m not the best at explaining why I like things and I’m kind of tired right now. I’d cite the website but it was on geocities so that’s gone too. :confused:

Well, I have several fanfics and a ton of fanart all of which can be found here:

pegasuscrystal39.deviantart.com

But I’m going to post my favorite drabble here as well, one by the “mother” of Synlet, crzysheelf. The title is “Different,” and it’s from her drabble collection.

The girl lying before him couldn’t possibly be the little, gangly thing he remembered from all those years ago. Yeah, sure, she had the same hair color and skin tone, but besides that this couldn’t be her. He took a step closer. He had been ecstatic when his minions had stumbled on his most hated enemy’s daughter. He wondered what she had been up to. His informants had found a super residing in San Diego fitting her description. When they finally tracked her down she had been at beach, just sitting there.

The story both intrigued and attracted Syndrome. The meek little girl he had seen so few times would never be far away from mommy and daddy, but this girl, she seemed to be someone entirely new.

He jerked back when she began to stir, turning slightly on the bed. He stepped up to her leaning in close, placing his hands on the bed. He leaned in closer still. He brought his face close to hers, instincts taking over completely, but he was shaken from his trance by the flutter of eyelids.

He held her eye contact for a few moments, trying to figure out the thoughts behind those dark eyes, but she was the one to surprise him this time. Suddenly, He felt her lips on his. He was almost too stunned to react, but finally he fell into her kiss.

Then, she surprised him one more time. He barely felt the pain until he was lying on the floor. She had brought her knee up between his legs. Syndrome struggled up, only to see his new prisoner running out the door. He laid back down, confident that she wouldn’t get far. He cursed under his breath. Yes, this was a new girl all together.

^Wow. I like the detailed-ness of your post. :smiley:

(can this be canon?)

ugh,I should problblay stay out of this thread…leaves threadAt first I didn’t know what it was…But just on a side note It’s amazing that just because people don’t like a certian paring that they are called “ridiculous”…sigh

I’m getting the feeling that this was probably my doing. ._____.;; I didn’t mean to offend anyone…

…So this can be canon?