Reasons Why It's Fun To Be A Pixar Fan

Here are some reasons that I think of when it comes to how fun being a Pixar fan can be:

1. It’s so much fun for me to listen to the CD, Disney/Pixar Greatest, over and over and over again. It’s like I never get tired of listening to it every day!

2. I think that the merchandise for Monster’s, Inc. and Finding Nemo might be soon making a comeback thanks to their soon being re-released in 3D.

3. I kinda like having my own Pixar collection, yet I’m still wanting more, and it’s like, “I’ll never outgrow any of that Pixar stuff.”

4. I think the reason why I think the short films are twice as funny is because of all the funny scenes in the short films, like Mike’s New Car, Presto, Mater and the Ghostlight, and Jack-Jack Attack are all very funny. Those short films just make me crack up.

5. I also think I should go to Disneyland/California Adventure just for Pixar stuff.

Well, that’s about all I can think of right now.

What are your reasons for why it’s fun to be a Pixar fan? 'Cause I think being a Pixar fan is, and will always be, fun-no matter what.

For me it’s fun to be a Pixar fan, because it gives me hope, along with my faith in God. And it’s fun to watch the movies, and read the artbooks endlessly. And build my model of Radiator Springs.

I’m not sure I could list all of the reasons in one post, so I’ll try and condense some of my number one reasons in one post.

1. I love having something new to get obsessed with every year! I love getting excited over the teasers and trailers and just going all kind of insane preparing for the moment I finally see each new film each year!
  2. I love expanding my knowledge of Pixar and finding something I didn’t notice every time I watch each film, no matter how many times I’ve seen them!
  3. I love that I can quote the films front to back and laugh over it every time! I was listening to my WALL-E soundtrack yesterday and I kept saying a quote exactly at the musical cue! I also love that after a while, I start laughing hysterically at random phrases that might not be considered “laugh-out-loud funny” like the line on my signature. :mrgreen:
  4. I love that I’ve been able to keep this love and obsession even if none of my friends in real life share it to quite the same extent as I do!
  5. I love the merchandise, of course. I love collecting toys and books and soundtracks and videogames! Well, I’m actually still working on these collections and they’re kind of small right now, but they’ll grow as long as I’m this crazy for Pixar (Which is going to be as long as I live)! It’s common for me to go through any store and see something with Pixar characters, whether it be toys or cheez-its, and stop to look at it… no matter what I’m doing! :slight_smile:
  6. I love that whenever I’m watching a documentary or interview of any sort for a Pixar film and I see a familiar Pixarian, I feel like I’ve known them forever…

And this is only the list so far…

I love my Cars toys. I’ve fallen in love with a Pixar pal because of some cuteness. I like the scene where Carl Fredrickson says, “So long, boys!” Plus, I sure can’t wait to see Brave.

And also, some Pixar pals appear in my dreams-sometimes.

Well, here are some questions about how fun it is to be a Pixar fan no matter what you could possibly answer:

For example:

When did you first become a Pixar fan? And how did it start?

What are you most likely to do as a Pixar fan yourself? (i.e. watching movies; reading behind-the-scenes art books; saying favorite quotes; collecting merchandise; being in love with a favorite Pixar character-whatever you like to do the most!)

What is your most specially treasured Pixar item?

Or, you can ask yourself your own questions besides these examples if you want, and then you’ll be answering yourself!

Anyway, I just love looking for something on those forums for me to talk about almost every day! And since the day I joined in, too.

How did I first become a Pixar fan? Well, when I was little, I had only seen bits and pieces of Pixar’s first three films. On 12/31/2002, I saw my first official Pixar film: Monsters, Inc. And I was obsessed over it to the same extent I am of the Pixar films today! I continued to see the rest of Pixar’s films and recall doing my own share of being slightly obsessed with them, however, I had no idea I was so obsessed with Pixar (looky it’s my username! :smiley:) until December '09, when I saw the final Pixar film I hadn’t seen at the time, A Bug’s Life, and the first thing I thought after seeing it was “Oh, wow… Pixar is amaaaaazing… <3” and since then, my love for Pixar has been growing and growing and it continues to grow every day of my life!
What am I most likely to do? Honestly, it might be “all of the above”! That, and I also draw the characters almost all the time!
As for my most specially treasured Pixar item, I’m not sure I can slim it down to one thing. After my birthday, I’ll post a photo of my collection on another thread!

Oh, wait. Wait. Um…are you referring to the topic called Pixar Collection? Or are you doing it on this topic?

I’ll probably post it on the Pixar Collection thread. I was just mentioning it for the questionaire!

Here’s my other reasons for me being a Pixar fan in terms of it being fun:

I was just 2 years old when I first saw Toy Story.

I think that the short films are really twice as funny. :laughing:

I just rearranged my room more recently and made my very own Pixar shelf. :bulb:

Now I’m starting to collect the Pixar soundtrack off of iTunes.

I recently collected some Pixar-themed pins from Disney Store-like gift shops at Disneyland.

I wish to have more Pixar-themed T-shirts. And I shall get them from the Disney Store.

I’m still often listening to the CD Disney/Pixar Greatest almost every single day.

I liked the movie Brave. My newest favorite characters are Merida and Angus. I should probably like the triplets, too, as well-simply because they’re…I don’t really know how to spell that word.

Also, this is now officially my 50th post since the day I joined in these forums-I think.

One reason is that I get to meet great friends and fans from all over the world!

When did you first become a Pixar fan? And how did it start?

As long as I can remember, really! I remember watching Toy Story when I had it on VHS when I was a little inkling!

What are you most likely to do as a Pixar fan yourself?

Watch the movies and enjoy Pixar Planet!

My Pixarpedia book and my photo of EVE that’s signed by Elissa Knight.

How did you…?

When did you first become a Pixar fan and how did it start?

To be honest, and some of you would know this, I started off as a Pixar hater. I had motion-sickness when I watched their films as a kid (I saw Toy Story in theatres, and the rest on bootleg VCDs up till Finding Nemo).

Around the time of Nemo’s release, I was angry at the studio because I felt they were responsible for the death of 2D animation. I saw Nemo in Singapore when I was in high school with my family. I remembered crying when Nigel was recounting Marlin’s brave exploits to Nemo, and my siblings and I kept quoting “Just keep swimming” for days afterwards. The Incredibles didn’t really impress me back then.

Then I heard about Cars. None of my friends wanted to go see it in cinemas, so I went by myself. And I was blown away, especially at the ending when Lightning helped The King across the finish line. After that, I read The Art Of books, and I had the ambition to work there.

Throughout uni, I would ask my friends to go see Pixar films in theatres, and I have never missed a Pixar film in cinemas since Cars.

Watch the movies, draw fanart, make fan videos, write reviews and fanfics, and hang out on Pixar Planet.

It’d have to be a pair or Wall-E and Eve plushies I got at The Royal Easter Show in Sydney two years ago.

When did you first become a Pixar fan and how did it start?

I had seen bits of a few Pixar movies when I was a kid, but I didn’t care much for them. When I was about 7 or 8, though, I saw Monsters Inc and fell in love with it. I liked Finding Nemo & the Incredibles, too, but not as much as Monsters Inc. But then i saw Cars, and that’s when I first really got obsessed with Pixar. And I’m still obsessed today!

Watch the movies, draw some art, and buy soundtracks.

I’m sad to say that I don’t own much Pixar stuff. It’s probably just one of my DVDs. :laughing:

TDIT: I wrote to Pixar Studios requesting an autograph! She isn’t a a professional voice actress, and voiced EVE because she was already working at Pixar. I posted pictures of the autograph in the Autograph thread here on the boards.

And that’s really interesting how your love for Pixar began- as a hatred! I also for a while was kind of down on Computer animation in general. It took me a while to realize that while the medium is important, the heart to any movie is the story. It’s so ironic how Lasseter was the one to bring 2D animation back to WDA!

K9Girl: I forgot, but is Monsters, Inc still your favorite Pixar movie to this day?

EJE: Ah, I think I might have seen it before and even commented on it! Oh, I’m so jelly! :imp:

Come to think of it, many members here have written to Pixar, but I have never attempted it before in my six years of fandom! Maybe it’s time to give it a shot.

It’s interesting to hear you were once a 3D-animation hater too! It really is remarkable that Pixar has managed to pull a paradigm shift on the both of us.

K9Girl: It’s great to hear that Cars was the first Pixar film to “possess” you too! :slight_smile: For me, it helped that I was a gearhead to begin with. And when I saw the amount of attention, the level of detail, the intricate car in-jokes weaved into a compelling story of a world left behind by history, I was a Pixar “convert”, to say the least! Or should I say, convertible (lame car pun)?

^You definitely should try! What’s the worst you can loose besides 10 minutes of your time and the price for post? I think it’s worth it.

Well, I’d have to look up Pixar’s address and think of what to write and to whom. And then I’d have to catch a cab to my nearest post-office (which is pretty far away). To be honest, I’ve never sent physical mail to anyone before in my entire life! I’m not kidding. I mean, I know how to, I’ve done it for my parents and previous employers, but I’ve had no reason to do so as a kid. :slight_smile:

But yeah, I should definitely give it a shot!

Whaaaaaa? That’s so foreign to me! I loved doing the pen pall thing when I was younger.

I’d love to request an autograph. Problem is, I don’t know who to ask! E-J-E, you have Elissa Knight’s signature? Totally wicked! :stuck_out_tongue: TDIT, I think it would be a good idea if you sent one. Now I’m thinking about it.

Also, I was interested to hear about how computer animation seemed a let-down to you and TDIT at first. I don’t know, for me, I just loved their stories and the way in which they were told as a kid. I saw some Disney films, but only a few, I thought, seemed as good as all of the Pixar films. I was lucky enough to be born the same year Toy Story came out. And thanks to the re-releases, I have seen each film at least once in theaters (Toy Story 2 holds the record for 3 in the original release and a 4th time on the re-release)! I didn’t even know Toy Story was the first CG film until I was about 6. I had always thought, “I wish this was the first one because it’s so good. So there’s no way it can be true.” I’m so glad I was wrong about that! Conversely, it wasn’t until I heard about John Lasseter wanting to bring back 2D films that I became more interested in that medium. I gained a better appreciation for traditional animation after that. I think I’ve always been taken by Pixar’s style, and I think their perfectionist quality over most other films is why I think I do not ever doubt them. It’s also influenced me to do a great job in everything I do, whether it be schoolwork or exercising, just anything!

Plus, being a Pixar fan means you get to collect cool toys (even though I’m done). I liked Cars when it first came out, but when I started collecting the die-casts, especially for the split-second cameo cars, it made me want to re-watch the scenes where those characters appeared. And I found myself getting carried away and loving more and more of the subtlety of the film, and its pureness of heart. If you slow down with the movie, you can really love it, and now I think there’s a reason why Cars is unlike the other films. It’s supposed to be, and if you’re lucky enough you may be able to relate to it on a personal level. However, I have no toys from the second film. The deal breaker was that I could not sit through that movie with my family thinking about how many toys we would end up buying instead of just enjoying the movie, and sure enough I loved the movie. Toy Story 2 also helped me draw that line.

There’s a whole thread regarding this matter, you should check it out.

Okay, I think I know another reason…

Do you want to know that I once had a marathon of my very own for Pixar’s 25th anniversary a couple of years back, for those of you who don’t know this yet, and that meant watching every single Pixar film in the order of release…?

Well, I think that…the reason that…I must update my reasons is because I recently got this CD called Disney/Pixar All Time Favorties