How to Train Your Dragon 2

I saw on Hypable today that some photos have emerged from CinemaCon showing off the first pictures from How to Train Your Dragon 2. They also mention some basic plot details. The photos show new pictures of Hiccup and Toothless, and Astrid and her dragon, a poster featuring characters from the first movie (Hiccup, Astrid etc.), some new dragons and a piece of concept art of a new dragon. Some of the characters feature new designs.

hypable.com/2013/04/22/how-t … up-astrid/ EDIT: The pictures have been taken off of this link, although the story is still there.

I think the most interesting thing about these photos is that they show that there’s been a time gap between the first movie + TV show, and the sequel. I’m interested to see if the characters will get even older by the third movie. It’s pretty cool that they’re not keeping them the same age all the way through.

The film is set to be released on the 20th June, 2014.

Those pictures have already been taken down; thank God for Tumblr!

disneysarah.tumblr.com/post/4857 … tures-more

Just looking at these pictures sent my excitement through the roof!

Thor almighty! :open_mouth:

I change my sig to a HTTYD-related one, and I come across this! Thanks for sharing this you guys.

Summer 2014 can’t come soon enough!

Thanks! I hadn’t noticed they’d taken them down- they must’ve done it the day after I posted this. I’ve seen other stories reposting them too, so I don’t think the studio’s going to be able to hide these 8D

I’m a lot more interested after seeing these pictures.

Yeah, apparently Dreamworks has been making the rounds asking official sites to remove all pictures and videos from Cinemacon. Gah, I don’t know if I can wait a year for this film!!

I don’t really know why they’re bothering- the movie’s coming out in a year, so the marketing’s going to start soon anyway. It’s not like these pictures give much away. Then again, I guess they want the official trailer to come out first (which I guess will probably be attatched to something like Turbo).

I wonder if the TV show will use these new designs? I know it’s been renewed for a second series, although I don’t think they’ve said when it will air. I haven’t actually seen an episode of it yet- they only started showing it about a month ago in my country, and they;ve been mainly showing it at the weekend so I haven’t had the chance to see it. The animation looks better than in The Penguins of Madagascar, and it seems like it would work better as a show than Penguins does.

I feel really bad for looking at those images because they had been leaked without Dreamworks’ permission apparently but aaaAAA oh my gosh I’m so excited. I love love love the idea of a time gap between the first and the second movie - it evades a lot of plot holes. (Because if it takes place after Riders of Berk, it’ll cause confusion if the characters are the same age. When does it take place? What? Who? Where? Too bad! TIME GAP! …That’s a good thing actually. Penguins of Madagascar was a bit awkward, considering Madagascar 3 came out after it, with the Penguins still hanging around with the animals. Don’t care though, it’s still hilarious. 'Specially King Julien, okay.)

But yeah, I’m excited! [size=80]Older!Hiccup looks pretty darn attractive as well. Hope he’ll still have the same personality, though… except maybe more mature[/size]

Yeah, I didn’t know they were put up without Drreamworks’ permission until they took them down. I don’t think it matters too much though- this was a public event, so the official release of these images can’t be too far off. It gave them a little publicity boost, I guess.

Yeah, I’m glad about the time jump. Penguins of Madagascar confused me too- I guess it’s supposed to be set after the movies, but putting it out while the movies were still being made seemed like a weird choice. I guess Kung Fu Panda has a bit more freedom (although I don’t like that cartoon).

[size=85]Yeah, older!Hiccup’s attractiveness has been noted by many, lol[/size]

Nearly had an epic-ness overdose heart attack from seeing those pics on Berksgrapevine.com!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m pretty excited for this. And the “older” character designs are pretty well-handled, I especially like what they did for Astrid.

Summer 2014 sounds so far away though ):

Well, Hiccup certainly…matured… 8D

I’ve edited the title seeing as its been a while since those pictures surfaced.

Just over a year to go! :slight_smile:

Just saw on Berksgrapevine about a release of a new MMO game based on the HTTYD called School of Dragons. Anyone got any information on when the actual release of this game is? the website is schoolofdragons.com

This movie is taking too long! I don’t have the patience for this.

I keep forgetting it’s as far away as it is. :frowning: I don’t know why I was under the impression it was simply coming out later this year! I hope that gives them lots of time to develop it into a worthy sequel.

I like how they aged. It’s very unusual for an animated series. At least I think so.

They look good. Definitely older, but recognisable.

I like how by the way this film ended, there didn’t seem like there needed to be a sequel, at least not to me. However, after seeing those images, this one looks really daring.

It’s also the longest span of time one has had to wait in-between installments of the same DreamWorks franchise. How about that?

That is a good thing! It’s a sign that maybe they’ll make this sequel to be good, like KFP 2.

Guys, LOOK!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=vwtdJwjQbLM

This looks so amazing!!! :smiley: