The Lego Movie

The first trailer has been unveiled. Looks pretty awesome!

youtube.com/watch?feature=p … PnY2NjSjrg

I am SUPER excited for this! Phil Lord and Chris Miller have made two great movies so far. Cloudy was a great flick and 21 Jump Street was extremely hilarious! I love the animation style. Instead of the silky smoothness of other LEGO animations, I love the stop motion like look to it. This is one flick I plan on seeing in the theaters in February 2014

Okay, I was about to post a paragraph about how dumb it is to make a movie on the premise of Lego.

But.

Guys.

BATMAN

And that trailer was hilarious! Love it. 80 something space guy. 8D I HAVE to see this movie. I am now very excited!

A lot of people will brush this off as stupid. But I love Phil Lord and Chris Miller’s sense of humor. Can’t wait!

Just noticed that Chris McKay is now credited as a co-director. That must explain the Robot Chicken influence in the animation and humor.

I still haven’t seen the trailer, but I’ve heard good things about it. People seem pretty stoaked for this film.

Actually looks pretty funny! There’s a good chance we’ll go see it.

I think my family plans to see it. :slight_smile:

^That sounds like fun!

I surmise that it’ll do very well given that February isn’t a big movie flood month. And that trailer pleasantly shocked me.

Although I find the ending gag a little obnoxious, the animation style, color palette, and basic premise are all so quirky and appealing! It could turn out good, for sure. :slight_smile:

My initial reaction at the idea: Oh God, one of those cash-in, marketable movies like the show itself on Cartoon Network. Probably lazy.

2 minutes later after seeing the trailer

Hm, I’m doing a cheesy grin at the trailer. I even don’t care for legos toys, but yet I’m grinning :astonished: at the idea of a feature film about them. The lighting, the stop-motion quirk of the animation, the real solidness of the legos and the feelings I could touch them, they way they are held in the light and look solid. Yeah, some of the trailer gags are gimmicky, but I love that quirky animation and the understanding of the toy itself.

Honestly, I took a look at the trailer and thought “wow, impressive stop-motion!” And then I found out it was CGI.

Might actually look like a nice popcorn movie!

I just now watched the trailer, and it looks so rad. AND WAS THAT MORGAN FREEMAN!?

Ah man, not 'til February? Why did I think it was coming later this year? :-\

The trailer was pretty good. :slight_smile: I LOVE the animation style they’re doing this movie in.

I’ll possibly give this a shot when it comes out!

Kenzie, it is Morgan Freeman! Looks like an all star cast. That was my reaction, too Carol. I saw the title and was disgusted; the trailer has converted me.

Everything is awesome! Everything is cool when yer part of a team!

I just saw it yesterday and it is really cute. It’s not as silly as I thought it was going to be, which is a good thing. It’s got a lot of heart as well as humor in it. I really liked how they did it, it was very creative. The 1980s space guy was my favorite, cuz he was just so happy about everything, it made me laugh

I liked the movie quite a lot! :smiley: It’s one of those films that leaves you with a happy feeling for the rest of the day. It is fast-paced, but nowhere near as ridiculous and zippy as you might assume (it settles down a lot after the first act or so). I would recommend it.

I, too, think the trailer was hilarious…and I’ve got plans to see it this weekend with my sister.

I’m seeing this again tonight with one of my friends. :mrgreen: