Blue Sky's Horton Hears a Who!

Personally, I have… mixed opinions about this movie. One one hand, it suffers from a lot of cliches that a lot of mid to late 2000s movies were suffering from (i.e. trying to copy the Dreamworks formula), but on the other hand, out of all the mainstream movies adapted from Dr. Seuss books, this seems to be the closest in spirit.

I also didn’t think this was bad. It’s probably my least favorite Blue Sky film. The humor was fast and quirky and not quite as casual and clever as their other films, but much of it still cute. Maybe could have been better, but it’s decent enough, I think. I may have to watch it again, I saw at about twice on TV before.

I personally would’ve liked Horton’s character to be toned down a little and for the movie to focus more on the storytelling than the “humor”. I do think they pretty much got the message about treating others as you would treat yourself down fine.

Yes, basically what you just said, I agree with. :wink:

I really didn’t like this movie. The family, particularly Jojo came across as very stereo typical to me. I didn’t like Horton on this movie. He seemed stupid? I’m not sure but something was off.

To be fair, I thought Horton was a bit over-the-top than he needed to be.

I thought Steve Carell as the mayor was good; they make him concerned not just for Whoville, but also for his family.

Maybe they wanted it to be more kid-friendly but perhaps went about it in the wrong-direction? Like maybe humor that had nothing to do with the spirit of the book. Again, I’m fuzzy on this because I saw it quite a while ago on TV, but I do remember it not being anything like Ice Age.

I don’t really like any Seuss adaptations. They’re all so odd, and I don’t like that much humor in one viewing.

The problem with the humor was that it was a little too fast-paced and a little too “contemporary”.

Not even the cartoon version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas?

Oh I love all of the 1970’s traditionally animated Seuss short! I forgot them, because I was thinking of the ones I dislike. 8D

I actually really like this movie and it upsets me when people hate on it because it’s just so quirky and fun and ugh!!! Blue Sky!! You guys are perfect!!! Argh!

I sadly lost the DVD once though, we were watching it in the bus on our way to camp a few years ago and I forgot to ask it back, oops.

I don’t hate it, or dislike it. I just…I don’t know. Maybe I thought it was too crazy at times? But I wouldn’t call it bad. Just not exactly my favorite of Blue Sky, and I love the company.

Actually, I believe I do like it, but I just need to re-watch it. I can’t believe I would second-guess myself about a Blue Sky film. I think I do like it.

I’m just really weird about silly things. I like all of Blue Sky’s other movies. I just thought this one was way too zany and I sort of hate the writers for what they did to Horton.