Your Animated Film Ideas

Hey I thought it would be cool to start a thread about any ideas that any of you have had for animated films. This is a thread for you to tell us what cool story ideas you have for animation. Be it full length or shorts. I myself have several. I have this one idea for a broad cartoony animated comedy. Heavy influance by Chuck Jones and Tex Avery. It’s about this Dog and this cat, who live in the same house. The Dog is constantly tormenting the cat in really funny ways. I have some great ideas for some really funny gags, anyway their owners decide to go on a trip or move or something and in a series of unfortunate events they get lost. I was thinking that at this point rather than just have some boring buddy road picture where they have to find their way home, something really cool and bizzare should happen to them, maybe they get abducted by aliens and uncover a plot to invade earth and have to stop it or they stumble into a lab where an ecentric scientist has invented a time machine and they get on iy by accident and travel through time or another dimension, something funny and different.

I got other ideas, but first I want to hear from some of you.

Ronald C

Marty17 began a similar topic on October 2 that I thought I’d post a link to: Ideas for future Pixar films

I explained my ideas in the archived thread, but the idea I’ve developed the most involves my cat/monkey Calico Zee (Cal for short). All of this is concept art, but the designs are pretty final.

Cal
Cal symbol
Spike the dog/rhino
monkey sketches
cat sketches
Jangles

Simply put, Cal is one of 4 experiments who escapes and tries to mingle with normal animals. In other words, he’s the freak who wants to fit in. The story is very rough, but I know it can work.

~~=oP

I’ve had this idea for a while… It’s a stop-motion version of Alice in Wonderland.
Warner Bros. would distribute it, and it would be directed by Tim Burton and Henry Selick.

Good idea?

Actually Bill, I love it, but I think SPACEHERO55 wanted us to share original ideas. :wink:

~~=oP

Hells bells! It’s not right to share originals, especially over the internet. My brain takes a while to come up with my junk and I don’t like to spread it on the internet. It’s very hard to be original, because if you look at it- everything’s been done!

Example- J.K Rowling wasn’t the first to think of a school of magic- the person who created Worst Witch is the genius, and she pretty much stole a lot of characteristics of that book, maybe not intentionally but it’s scary how it all matches up. O_O

Well anyways, I’ll just say my cartoon idea might be on the Tim Burton side, though I’m forcing it to be more cute and funny. I won’t let anything out because there’s a chance it’ll become a comic in the near future.

IMO- If you have good ideas, keep them. 'Cause it took me forever to make my novel original, or what I thought was original, but I’m finding sorta-relevant-look-alike characters from a video game. I can’t win. >_<

Interesting story, SPACEHERO55. I can see how it would make a pretty fun-filled comedy. However, I’ll have to agree with FONY on this and choose to not disclose any…“personal” information that I have concerning original ideas. For one thing, I wouldn’t want them to get stolen – not that any of you guys would do that, but you never know who else visits this forum board… But I do have quite a few ideas. I’ve been inventing stories since I was five or six, even though most of them were kinda kid-ish (obviously). Most of my story ideas consist of live-action characters, and the only animated thing I conjured was this:

[i]A young puppy by the name of Fetch resides in an elaborate estate where he is contantly pampered and spoiled by his owners via expensive toys and contant care. Although his juvenile state makes him almost oblivious to how much pampering he actually receives by maids and butlers around the clock, he does notice that the only people he doesn’t acquire attention from are his owners…who work day and night and hardly ever have time to play with him…save on weekends. To ease his internal “pain”, he resorts to spending time outdoors…in a small, fenced-in courtyard attatched to the side of his house.

One morning, while his owners are at work and his caretakers stand busy tidying up the estate, Fetch chases a butterfly out one of the yard’s gates that was foolishly left open. Having been secluded in his home all of his young life, the puppy comes to realize that there is actually a world out there filled with speeding cars, dangerous predators, and busy bipeds who don’t have the time to stop and help out a now lost and frightened puppy. Out of sheer panic, Fetch retreats to the nearby woods on the edge of the bustling city… While there he befriends a middle-aged squirrel who agrees to assist the young puppy…claiming that he has nothing else to loose after an unfortunate series of events…

It’s basically just an adventure story from there. Puppy encounters many woodland threats; puppy wanders out of the woods with his squirrel friend; a young couple find the puppy and take him back to their home; the couple put up fliers in the hopes that someone will claim the lost pup; and Fetch’s owners eventually find and take home their little bundle of fluff, realizing how foolish they had been to not spend more time with the puppy.[/i]

I actually based it off of a couple of books I read, and I conjured up this story when I was only six…so you can’t get any more unoriginal than that. :stuck_out_tongue:

SPACEHERO55 Lol, sounds funny! Yep, cats and dogs definitely don’t go together. :laughing:

PV- I adore your character, Calico Zee, and that idea you’ve got could really do well! The whole thing of trying to fit in is always a popular message in films, so it sounds like it could work!

Mitch- Aww, how sweet! Sort of reminded me of Lady and the Tramp at first, but the way your idea develops is very unique. I could just imagine the little puppy bounding after that butterfly!

I’ve never really had any ideas for animation. I’ve had concepts for books, and ideas for storylines that I could expand, but as I really have no desire to go into the animation industry, I’ve never developed any animation ideas.

lizardgirl - Haha – well, thank you! I’m glad you like my

cheesy story … (snigger) :wink:

PV - I’ve gotta agree with

lizardgirl on this and admit that your character of Calico Zee and the plot that

surrounds him is quite charming. I would love to see it become developed as a comic book or (short) film one of

these days. :slight_smile:

PV - Oops. Sorry, I’ll try to think up some really good ideas and post them here.

:smiley:

I’ve actually had quite a few animated movie ideas. I’m not much of an animator or anything, but I consider an animation producer to be one of my future prospects!

Under the Microscope
I admit it: I’m a science geek. It’s my favorite subject in school. So one of the ideas I’ve held throughout the years is a movie that goes inside a microscopic organism’s lifestyle? We could see some problem a bacteria or protist faces ? maybe some sort of family related issue. (I don’t want to eat decaying matter, Dad!?) I have had a lot of Ideas for this one? Too lengthy for here!

Pencil Boy
This is one of my favorites! A brand new pencil named Zack must face his fears of getting
“worn out”. He has seen what happens: Becoming really short, eraser being rubbed off and receiving many little indents from all the bitings. His buddies Ruley the ruler and Space the pencil box help him come to grips with the fact that all things eventually die (sort of like Toy Story) and help him face his arch-enemy: The Pencil Sharpener. I?m not sure if this would be 2D or 3D?I think pencils might look kinda dorky in 3D, but I don?t know.

Flea Man
This one is a little more technological. I?ve always been into the technical side of Computer Animation and have loved all the algorithms and techniques. This would be a Superhero movie ? Computer Animated, but made to look like a graphic novel. Some sort of ?rendering? would provide for the dark, mystic look?.

Huh. I guess I only have three? I?ve thought up a lot more, trust me! I?ll think of them! :wink:

The most original( though not really ) story I thought of was based in the future where robots were just as normal as humans . The only thing was that the humans treated the robots like how the caucasians used to treat the african americans when Martin Luther King Jr. was around . Well anyway , this robot falls in love with the most popular boy in the school , and they go out
secretly . But then the school finds out and basically shuns them all , and soon the school is split apart even more . But in the end , the new couple ( with help of their true friends ) get the school to see how they are basically the same ,and nobody should fight about wheter your blood or oil .

Yeah , it sounds a bit My Life As A Teenage Robot , but not really . I made this up in sixth grade .

Haha! Oh man, you made me laugh so hard. Your ideas are just charming! No seriously, I really do love them. That whole “I don’t want to eat decaying matter, dad!” part has me in a fit of giggles – I’m still laughing…! :laughing:

gottalovepixar - Kinda reminds me of I-Robot and this Disney Channel movie I once saw. Interesting. :wink:

One of my ideas is an adventure film. Two kids are exploring in a temple, with some symbolism. The kids are searching for something more at the same time exploring the temple.

I have this other great idea for a film that would combine animation with live action. It’s a Musical and Im talking old style musical from the 40’s and 50’s. “Singing in the Rain”, “Marry Poppins”, “Anchors Aweigh” With Big Musical numbers. The Story would be about a farmboy who want to go to hollywood and become an animator.

There would be perhaps a fantasy dream sequence where the main character dances with a cartoon character of his own creation. Or perhaps he is the only one who can see this toon that he created, due to some bump in the head. It’s still a work in progress, but I do think the idea is sound. It would of course be set in the 40’s or 50’s. I was even thinking of naming him a combo of Chuck Jones and Tex Avery. Chuck Avery or Tex Jones, anyway thats one ofe my ideas. This was inspired by many things. Like the Animated sequences in Mary Poppins and Anchors Aweigh. Cats Dont Dance had a an effect on it.

Mitch - Aww, I’m honored! Everyone says I have a great inagination, but I just can’t give myself a break because I can’t draw! I wanna be an Animator soo bad! :confused:

Yeah, the “Under the Microscope” idea is pretty cool – I’m suprised no one’s done anything like it yet…

I’d do something that beyond Negadon(a Japanese featurette homage to 60’s Japanese sci-fi), hasn’t really been done as a CGI animated film: giant monsters.
It would essentially be the origin story of my original monster character, Tyraxu, your standard creature lost in time into a world he never made, but in this case, he’s a creature truly capable of rational thought. Tyraxu, a telepathic Tyrannosaur with the power of fire, was one of the last of the dinosaurs who fought alongside 300 fellow saurians against the dark dragon, who was finally stopped with the help of his light counterpart, but at the cost of the lives of countless dinosaurs. Tyraxu was one of the few survivors and fell into suspended animation. Awakening in the modern day, he’s instantly reviled by humans as another brainless beast and joins a crowd of other misfit monsters. Just at this time though, an alien invasion threatens the planet with their own legion of beasts as well as attempting to reawaken the dark dragon to try and use it as a weapon, despite the dark dragon really essentially being a living demonic god. Tyraxu rallies his fellow monsters to fight this new threat to not only stop the return of the dark dragon but actually show humanity that they mean no harm.
The whole thing(taking into account the image the humans of the film have of monsters as well as the much more sympathetic truth) would be dedicated to a quote by Ishiro Honda, director of the original Godzilla movie: “Monsters are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, that is their tragedy”

Speaking of Toho, if I had the rights to use them, replace the words “dark dragon” and “light dragon” with Dark Ghidorah and Light Ghidorah.

Gasduude - Haha – well, you are most welcome! And don’t worry – the more you practice…the more you too can become a great animator. :wink:

And actually, the film Osmosis Jones is kind of like your “Under the Microscope” idea; however, I like the plot of your story much more. :wink:

Figment - Wow – great plot. I’d pay to see that one on the big screen. :open_mouth:

Mitch – I think the reason there hasn’t been much animation on Bacteria, protists and the like is people don’t want kids to see these things as some sort of cute and cuddly objects. Only a small percentage of these organisms can hurt someone, but maybe people think if kids see this kind of movie, they won’t wash their hands and things…otherewise, I don’t know.

I have one. An animated film of Don Quixote.

GD - Do you see Under the Microscope as a hand drawn or CG film?

One animated movie Idea for me would be life inside a store where everything came to life. Every thing was happy until they get sold.