Cartoons you watched when you were little?

What cartoons did you watch when you were little, and which ones were your favourite?

I used to be a TV-junkie when I was young so just about every kids’ show during the early '90s - 2000, I’ve seen. In the morning it was Agro’s Cartoon Connection or Cheez TV and after school it was all the TV shows on ABC until 6pm (this was before ABC Kids). Then when I was 11 we got Foxtel (cable TV) so it was all about Nickelodeon from then on.

[i]* Care Bears

• Sailor Moon
  • The Smurfs
  • The Snorks
  • Widget the Worldwatcher
  • Captain Planet
  • Babar
  • ReBoot
  • Inspector Gadget
  • Samurai Pizza Cats
  • Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Gummi Bears
  • Animaniacs
  • Rugrats
  • Garfield
  • Pinky & the Brain
  • Ren and Stimpy
  • Rocko’s Modern Life
  • Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
  • The Adventures of Tin Tin
  • The Magic School Bus
  • Bangers and Mash
  • The Simpsons
  • Henry’s Cat
  • Spot
  • Count Duckula
  • Chip ‘n’ Dale Rescue Rangers
  • Where’s Wally
  • Hey Arnold
  • Eek! the Cat
  • Super Ted
  • Raggy Dolls
  • Blinky Bill
  • BananaMan
  • Darkwing Duck
  • American Rabbit
  • Gumby
  • Plasmo[/i]

My favourites would have been The American Rabbit, Care Bears and Samurai Pizza Cats (“Samurai Pizza Caaaaaaaaats!”), and Widget 'cause I’ve always had a thing for cute characters with special powers. For some reason I loved Tin Tin and I followed the mature storylines pretty well - I’m surprised they even let that show on TV since I remember the characters using guns quite a lot. Rocko’s Modern Life and Ren and Stimpy probably reflect my obscure tastes even as a child, heheh.

Yep, all the best TV animation was shown in the '90s… :sunglasses:

Dude!!! That’s like all the stuff I would watch,exept a couple things, but yeah here are some of the one’s I would watch (alot). :laughing:

Captain Planet
Inspector Gadget
Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
Animaniacs
Rugrats
Garfield
Pinky & the Brain
Ren and Stimpy
Rocko’s Modern Life
Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
The Magic School Bus
The Simpsons
Chip ‘n’ Dale Rescue Rangers
Hey Arnold
Darkwing Duck
Tom and Jerry
Rocket power
Pokemon
Digimon
(Early 90’s) Ninja Turtles
Jackie Chan adventures

Nothing like the 90’s :wink:

I know there’s more, but can’t remember off the top of my head. That’s awesome that you watched like 95% of the stuff that I watched (and probably thousand’s of others too) , but it’s good to meet ya Rachel! :smiley:

Cheers!
Jigs

Oh man, that’s like all I did when I was little! I never even watched anything that wasnt animated (except maybe house at pooh corner) I’ll probably forget half of it but here we go:

Tale Spin
Rescue Rangers
Gummi Bears
Care Bears
Winnie the Pooh
Aladdin
Hercules
Little Mermaid
Muppet Babies
Timon & Pumbaa
Goof Troop
Madeline
Looney Tunes
Garfield
Magic School Bus
The Snorks
The Beatles Cartoons
The Flintstones
Heathcliff
Inspector Gadget
Babar

umm
Rugrats
Hey Aronald
Pooh bear :wink:
Songebob(it came out when i was around 5-7)
Fairy odd parents
Maggie and the ferocious beast
blues clues
magic school bus

The Looney Tunes was my big thing. I loved the Looney Tunes.

I guess I watched various TV shows…I remember watching Ren and Stimpy, and this really rubbish CGI show called Monster By Mistake, but aside from those, I can’t really remember any other particular programmes. Oh, but I did like some of the Disney spin-off series, like Aladdin and Hercules.

Funny, we may eventually see a sort of generational gap based on these. For example, reading the first list practically shook my memory back to what I myself used to watch.

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
Spiderman (90s)
Gargoyles
Mummies (or something like this)
Care Bears
Captain Planet
Babar
ReBoot
Inspector Gadget
Samurai Pizza Cats
Dragonball Z
Animaniacs
Bugs Bunny
Johnny Quest
Rugrats
Pinky and the Brain
Tintin (long live Tintin)
Magic School Bus
Flinstones
Jetsons
Batman / X-men (don’t remember the exact titles)
Arthur
Beast Wars
Donkey Kong Country
Pokemon
Digimon

Oh Boy, that was a long time ago. Let me see if I can remember.

Sailor Moon
Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
Animaniacs
Pinky and the Brain
Pokemon
Digimon
Transformers
Goof Troop
Tale Spin
Chip n Dale: Rescue Rangers
Aladdin
Little Mermaid
Timon and Pumba
Arthur
Spider Man
X Men
Inspector Gadget
Hey Arnold
Doug
Dragonball Z
Looney Tunes
TIny TUnes
Rugrats
Captain Planet
Jonny Quest
Magic School Bus
Jetsons
Flinstones
Batman Beyond
Donkey Kong
Fairly Odd Parents
Winnie the Pooh
Muphet Babies
Tom and Jerry
Droopy
Rocket Power
Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles
Gumby
Swat Cats
Adventures of Buckey O Hare.

Hey Arnold, period. :laughing:

Rugrats
Rocket Power
Peanuts
Hey Arnold
Catdog
Angry Beavers
Rugrats
Ah! Real Monsters!
Oh Yeah! Cartoons!
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Kids Next Door
Mike, Lou, and Og
Boomerang (In General)

That’s all I can think of right now…

[size=167]FOOTBALL HEAD![/size]

It’s great reading what everyone else used to watch. How could I forget Tiny Tunes?! And Hey Arnold? And Argh! Real Monsters? I remember how someone at my school had a plush of the thing that held its own eyeballs from ARM - I was so jealous. Ha ha.

lizardgirl - Did you used to watch Bangers and Mash? It was a cartoon about two monkey brothers and each episode went for about 5 mins each… Pretty sure it was from the UK 'cause I remember them having English accents.

Wall-E-Dude - Thanks. It’s nice to meet you, too. :sunglasses:

Oh my goodness, I forgot to put some of my favorite cartoon network shows on my list.

Ed, Edd, n Eddy
Powerpuff Girls
Johnny Bravo
Cow and Chicken
I. M. Weasel
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Mike Lou Og
Kids Next Door

Yu-Gi-oh, (probably my favorite cartoon when I was a kid next to Ed Edd n Eddy.)

Oh, yeah. I remember coming home from school when I was in year 8 (high school) and watching The Powerpuff Girls in the afternoon, and then Cow and Chicken at dinnertime. Good times.

If you guys could only choose one favourite nostalgic cartoon, which would it be and why?

Saying that, I don’t think I could choose since all of the cartoons I watched were so great, and I liked over different times of my childhood… But I loved Care Bears when I was 4 - 7 years old, and still have a soft spot for them now (except the new 3D movies).

Lot of good stuff guys… Here’s my list of favorites, including some I haven’t seen on the lists much yet (unless I’m the only one who watched these :laughing: ), and definitely not all of these were when I was a “child”:

Disney Afternoon
Wuzzles
Gummi Bears
Duck Tales
Chip 'n Dale’s Rescue Rangers
Aladdin
Gargoyles!!! (one of my absolute favorites, I wish they bring it back)
Recess

M.A.S.K.
G.I. Joe
He-man
Transformers
Thundercats
Silverhawks
Gobots
Voltron
Astroboy
Super Mario
Heathcliff

(Do these count?)
The Simpsons
South Park

I’m sure there are more but I can’t think of them right now.

Only one nostalgic cartoon? It might just have to be The Powerpuff Girls. It was so silly, yet at the same time some of the humour was actually pretty mature. The animation was cool, but it was really the characters that made it such a good programme. I still remember Miss Bellum (I think her name was) whose face you never saw- all the viewers were shown was bright orange hair and very long, sexy legs. :laughing:

• Care Bears
  • Inspector Gadget
  • Animaniacs
  • Rugrats
  • Garfield
  • Pinky & the Brain
  • Ren and Stimpy (it scared me)
  • Rocko’s Modern Life
  • Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
  • The Adventures of Tin Tin (yay Tin Tin!!!)
  • The Magic School Bus
  • Hey Arnold
  • Super Ted
  • Pokemon (still love it =P)
  • Digimon (only the old ones, like when TK and Kari were little, after they brought in Davis it got kinda annoying)
  • Jackie Chan adventures
  • Winnie the Pooh (still love it =P)
  • Muppet Babies
  • Madeline
  • Looney Tunes
  • Batman Beyond
  • X-Men Evolution (still love it =P)
  • Arthur
  • Doug
  • Tiny Toons
  • Rocket Power
  • Catdog
  • Angry Beavers
  • Ah! Real Monsters!
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • Powerpuff Girls
  • Johnny Bravo
  • Felix
  • Yu-Gi-oh
  • Recess

man i really miss some of those shows :frowning:

-Arthur
-Cyberchase
-Maya and Miguel
-Dragon Tales
-Powerpuff Girls
Unfortunatly, Most of my childhood we did not have expanded cable, so I missed out on a lot of good shows. Sometimes I wish I could have watched stuff like Teen Titans or The Chipmunks (even though this one has been over for a while, Cartoon Network used to show it) before they where taken off the air. Me and my sisters sometimes watch shows that are way to young for us because we never got to watch them as kids. :laughing:

All right! Kel and Rac thought of some that I forgot about adding.

Like,

Arthur
Ah! Real Monsters!
Tiny Toons
Muppet Babies
Doug ( that one I watched alot)
CatDog
Angry Beavers
Courage the cowardly dog
Johnny Bravo
Felix

I also forgot some that others had on their list.

Like,

Looney Toons
Goof Troop
Duck Tales
Tale Spin

I also grew up on, Speed Racer and Johnny Quest

I would say the show that I would pick from childhood would be, Rugrats or Pokemon? So many to choose from though.?

Like others I would still watch these shows, if they would be on, and some I do.

These were some of the main ones I used to watch:
(i’m sure there were more, I just don’t remember at this moment)

Bump In The Night
Animaniacs
Doug
Pepper Ann
The Tick
Pinky & The Brain
Freakazoid!
Ahh! Real Monsters
Rocko’s Modern Life
Looney Tunes
Dexter’s Laboratory
Catdog
Cow & Chicken

Here’s a few more which I may or may not have said already:

Jetsons
Secret Squirrel
Powerpuff Girls
Johnny Bravo
Dexter’s lab
Chattanooga Cats
Wacky Races
Saints and Heroes
In The Beginning: Stories from the Bible

Cartoons you watched when you were little?
Um… then at what age does one surpass being “little”? :sunglasses:

Well, a bunch of good shows have been listed… so I’ll mention one of my favorites here in-depth.

One cartoon that was an all-time favorite for me was the old “Rocky & Bullwinkle” show (I used to watch it in repeats on the local TV station because it’s from the 60s… but it’s also out on DVD now). This was a seminal cartoon for so many people. and it’s why the middle initial of so many cartoon characters has been a “J” ever since (Bullwinkle’s creator Jay Ward named his characters Rocket J Squirrel and Bullwinkle J Moose – and thus spawned “Homer J Simpson” and all the other 'J" initials whenever middle initials are mentioned for a cartoon character). For those who haven’t seen it, it’s about 90% language puns (thus, I doubt it would ever be translated into any other language but English) and is absolutely hilarious. I heard it was banned in Canada for years because it was thought to have “made fun” of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (In the “Dudley Do-Right” segments, Dudley is a well-meaning but stupid Mountie, whose horse is smarter than he is, and whose “girlfriend” Nelle is really in love with his horse). There’s Sherman and Mr Peabody (time-travelling dog with his “pet boy” Sherman), the “Fractured Fairy Tales” (everything from Cinderella to Aesop’s Fables completely screwed around with for modern day) and of course the best ones, the continuing adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle (who live in “Frostbite Falls, Minnesota”). There would usually be two short 5 minute R&B segments for each half-hour show, and some of the plot lines would last for dozens of episodes.

There are lots of others of course, but I mention this only because it’s one often overlooked because of its age. Trust me, it ages reeeeally well. The animation was horrible, but it was only there to deliver the hilarious script lines. One of the funniest shows I’d ever seen.

Don’t forget the classic WB cartoons too, like “What’s Opera Doc?”

And yes, there were plenty of good cartoons in the 90s. Ahhh… the last of the “cel” era…