Best Animation Software (not expensive)

I’ve always wanted to try my hand at animating but have never really known what to buy to start my career off with.

I’m going into my sophmore of high school so i can’t afford renderman like i wish i could.

PAP is one of the best. but you’ll need a wacom tablet. And it’s for 2d animation.

they’re are like 3-4 3d programs for free. Blender being probably the best but a little complicated

I suggest trying Celtx…(best program ever) it’s not an animation program but is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO handy it’s not even funny. You put you’re storyboards on it, you can write scripts on it…you can make comics on it… you can …do everything…best program ever…plus it’s free.

otherwise, they’re isn’t a whole lot of options for free. Animation is defiantly expensive… I wish I could go to the ASIFA’s Animation on a showstring at the comicon… it gives tips to cartoonists how to create animation at low costs.

unsure really what sort of tips they would offer. As I’ve said before…Animation is expensive no matter what.

but if you have any questions on how to use any of the programs or want more tips Ill gladly help!

I’m not really going into a career with this, obviously, but i love working with Microsoft Office PowerPoint! :smiley:

For 3D animation, Blender is your best option. A good friend of mine has over 20 Blender video tutorials up on Youtube if you wanna check 'em out.

youtube.com/user/super3boy

i can’t watch youtube (filter) but thanks
if i could i’d love to see them.

Thanks this might just be what i need to get started.

It’s very easy to get past filters like that.

Drop me a PM on what browser you use (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.) and I’ll tell you how to get past the filters.

blender looks really good.

Filters are easy to pass. PM Pixelited.

And don’t forget. Sometimes contacting companies and mentioning you’re a student can help a lot. Thanks to profs I have had luck with many animation programs. The only one I’ve found on my own was Mirage, a really nice 2D. unfortunately, its company has stopped selling it. I’m currently on the lookout for another 2D that less expensive.

Haunt

that is a good idea…when i get into latehigh school/early college i might just contact some companies stating that i am a early student.