Monsters vs. Aliens Trailer Leaked

OK, so the trailer for Dreamworks Animation’s upcoming Monsters vs. Aliens was leaked a couple of days a go by someone unknown and by now is pretty hard to find. At the time I’m typing this it is still up on the website linked below:

[url]http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00017396.html[/url]

If its no longer there, an easy google search should find you something!

My initial impressions are not favorable. I hope its a great homage to 50’s Monster/Sci-Fi movies just as Panda was a homage to Kung-Fu movie (I have even less faith in this than Panda, and thats after Panda gave me faith back). The characters, animation, music, settings all work but the humor completely fails. It wasn’t watching something funny as much as it was watching something forcibly trying to be funny (almost painful to watch). It’s supposed to be corny, it’s a homage to those kinds of movies, but not what this bad humor is indicating it will be (could they be relying solely on the 3D aspect of this film as Katzenberg has hinted at heavy marketing towards that aspect of the film).

We’ll see how this turns out but right now, its not looking good. Maybe if they showed a trailer without all those crappy jokes and pop culture references I would’ve been impressed.

Looks like another Space Chimps to me. I mean, the name is enough to make me laugh. (In a bad way)

I kept waiting for the funny/entertaining part. I’ve never really gotten Dreamworks’ humour, I guess… shrugs

Why does Seth Rogen have to voice every single Dreamworks character? He doesn’t even have any energy in his voice for goodness sake. :unamused:

He’s got snark appeal.
My question is why have all his characters been so tiny. Most of them are about 5 to 10 times smaller than his cast members. :unamused:

I saw the trailer a few days ago and this is what I think:

1. Cool Concept
  2. Dumb Humor/Not Funny
  3. Ugly/Annoying Character Designs
    No surprise since it’s from DreamWorks. :unamused:

I knew the butt scan was coming after he scanned his third body part. :\

Fett101: The second I saw that I knew DreamWorks had sunk to a new low…

LOL all of us are such animation snobs.

But at least we have taste.

It looks alright. My sister’s friend actually worked on that & now I finally got to see what he was working on.

Well I never!

I try to stay just slightly above the level of ‘Pixar Fanboy’. At least this one looks more worthy then Space Chimps.

:open_mouth: That…was…weird…
Are we sure this is the final trailer? :confused:
However, I won’t critisize it too soon. I mean, yeah it looks rather questionable, and characters not quite believable enough. But I will be patient and give it a chance to explain itself.
I won’t lie: I like DreamWorks. As much as a Pixar fanatic I am (for me, Pixar is at the top), I like to be open-minded to other studios’ films as well. :sunglasses:

Although, I admit it is a letdown after Kung Fu Panda

I guess…

You said it!

Again, are we sure this is the final trailer?

it looks weird…enough said.

What a crap plot Dreamworks have thought of. This just worst than Bee Movie

it almost looks like John Carter of Mars