Save Danny Phantom

I am a really big fan of Danny Phantom. Unfortunately the production of new episodes has been canceled by Nickelodeon. But not to worry. There is a big Save Danny Phantom campaign going on that you can join in. Here is some information.

As most of you probably know by now, as of January 24, 2006 (forever to be known now as “Black Tuesday”), executives at Nickelodeon Studios have decided to cancel production of Danny Phantom after its third season. Butch Hartman, creator and producer of the series, has made an official announcement about this on his forum. We have done a tremendous amount of work to show Nick that the fan support is still enormous for this series, and they HAVE been hearing us. We will be redoubling our efforts this year and next, also branching out in who we write to, including some of the bigwigs at Viacom.

So if you want to join in just click this link.
63.144.30.108/~hballa20/

You can also write to the address in my signature if you want.

are you on the butchhartman.com forums? they’re the official dp forums.

butchhartman.com/forumIII

YES!!!

I joined! We should all join together to save this awesome show!!!

Don’t flame me, but I think its good that it ended. It had a good ending, and really. When a show ends, its often time for it to end. Usually they end things when ratings go down, people move on, or the writer start to run out of ideas, all of which are good reasons. As much as we’d like it to, shows have to end eventually. We may not like it, but we can’t protest against every one. We’d want something new eventually. The same characters and the same story lines would get old.

Think. Isn’t it time for Shrek to end? Isn’t that getting old? What if Disney want to make sequel after sequel of every good movie it makes? Wouldn’t that get old?

The series, many feel, didn’t really ‘end,’ if you watch the last episodes that came out.

If your talking about what I think your talking about, then Nick often releases episodes after the finale. Jimmy Neutron, for instance, had one episode, and Drake and Josh had two. They where made before the finale, but where premiered after. That is probably what happened.

that’s what I mean.

Yeah, and kinda like Avatar: The Last Airbender. It had three great seasons and the finale made it. Although we’d love more, it was the show’s time to end.

I’m upset Nick dumped it early too. I mean, I cried when it got canceled, but I disagree about the ending. It was a good closure and it made sense, an I have a lot of respect for Nick giving it a real finale, even if it wasn’t their most popular franchise.

Hey, Netbug! I haven’t seen you around. :smiley:

They should have kept it…i loved the show when i could watch it…

I love Fairly Odd Parents (duh) but Danny Phantom just never caught on … I just was never interested. However, I was depressed when I thought FOP was going to be cancelled as well, so I can relate. I do hope they air it again, if only just to make the fans happy. :smiley:

I’d understand if it was natural, but the story crew said they’d had a big arc for Danny planned out, complete with the return of Dark Danny. The current finale was thrown together just to tie the big loose ends up.

well that is a shame… :frowning:

They have some DP DVDs up at Amazon … I mean, they are in two lots of 13 episodes for two ‘seasons’, but by the same token, maybe we can support DP for actual official non-Amazon manufactured DVDs by buying these.

Watched the first 12 episodes of Danny. Gotta watch more, but it seems it was canceled before its time.