Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

I saw a poster for a third Ice Age. :open_mouth:
The first one was a good movie. The second one was ok, and still somewhat enjoyable. But I dunno about the third one. Oh, well, it’s probably too early to judge. Who knows? Might turn out fine…

I really liked the first one! :smiley: The second one was ok? :confused: Maybe they can pull off a third without a hitch? :wink: Ya know the big T-Rex lookin’ dude looks like my dog! :laughing:

I’m sorry, am I being thick here, or do the characters in Ice Age have ridiculously long lives?

I haven’t actually seen the second Ice Age, and I don’t know much about that sort of ancient history all those years ago, but the characters have survived through the Ice Age, and are now going to be present when the first dinosaurs evolve? The dinosaurs didn’t just pop up out of nowhere- wouldn’t they have had to evolve throughout the Ice Age and beyond?

Also, Tyrannosaurus Rexes (is there an ‘e’ in the plural? It doesn’t look right without one) evolved near the END of the dinosaur age. So, the characters from the films are now what, 20 million years old? Perhaps 30?

Just a tad too far fetched for my liking. :laughing: But yes, yes, it’s only a film, it’s allowed to be incorrect.

WRONG. Watching 10,000 BC killed me for its innaccuracies (and it’s general rubishness, but mainly because of its innaccuracies.) So, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs is already silly in my opinion. :laughing:

Wha… another one!? C’mon! In the second one the Ice Age was over! o.O I mean, it would have been the perfect ending! [spoil]Because in the end of two, Manny found more mammoths… and a crazed girlfriend…[/spoil] What else can they add…

By the way, is it just me, or does that dinosaur look kinda like the one from Meet the Robinsons?

lizardgirl: That’s true it’s kinda exagerated for their age and stuff but you can’t tell before you’ve seen the movie maybe it’s not gonna’ be like we think it is.

Anyways i liked the first and second Ice Age, I can’t really judge if a third one would be good or not…

Pixar.rocks- Yeah, you may be right- they might have thought of some way around it, since it does seem to be a very big mistake in terms of the amount of time lapsed. Perhaps there’s some sort of magical time machine? :laughing: Either way, they’ve got to have some sort of answer to it all.

Actually, according to the theory of evolution, dinosaurs came before the ice age, since according to them, humans and dinosaurs never existed at the same time. But since the theory is a proven lie, the first Ice Age movie was still innacurate to begin with.

According to the theory, these characters would have to have lived for millions of years for all these movies to take place!

Huh?

It’s like in National Treasure: Book of Secrets, the Lost City of Gold, Cíbola, was underground‽ :laughing: But the story was good.

lizardgirl: I doubt that there’s gonna be a Magical Time Machine ! :stuck_out_tongue: As a matter of fact, i think there is No answer and it’s a film so they do what they want. :slight_smile:

About the Magical Time Machine: There’s a short with Scrat going in a time machine and going foward in time until he’s reached the age where [spoil]there are no nuts[/spoil].

Yes, I agree about the ridiculously long lives. In the first movie, the Ice Age just started to freeze up. In the second one, it’s melting down (and in it, Manny mentions that [spoil]it has been frozen for thousands of years.[/spoil]). Not to mention, he also mentioned that he’s not going extinct. Then an animal questions about the dinosaurs. Manny replies that the dinosaurs became extinct because they chose enemies, or something like that.

Although they can never beat the original, I enjoy most sequels. When a third one comes out, either I think it’s a great triology and should end there, or that it’s going to blow the whole thing and should have stopped at the second.
But this one is probably too early to tell how it’s going to be.

I liked the first Ice Age. I thought the second one was okay. I think the third one is going to stink. Dinos came before the Ice Age creatures, which came before humans right? Something sounds really strange about this movie.

For some reason I always like animated sequels than the first version. eg. Toy Story movies, and Ice Age movies and Shrek movies. I always get really excited about the third one. Those posters got me even more excited.

:sunglasses:

Yeah…? I’m with A113 on this ( if ya’ want to get all technical) the dinos came way before, and the mammals came up about 10,000 yrs ago?

This is off the top of my head, so don’t quote me on this, anyway, it’s an animated film, they can do what they want! That’s why I like animation and cartoons in the first place!

Evolution doesn’t say anything about if the dinosaurs existed before or after the Ice Age. It’s just an explanation of the progressive change in a species from one generation to the next.

DISCLAIMER: This is according to a THEORY of evolution, which is an explanation of the origin of species and geology. This is in no way a fact; i’m just showing how little research BlueSky Studios put into their movies.

According to the theory of evolution, dinosaurs were extinct before mammals (such as mammoths, sloths, saber-toothed cats, and other mythical creatures) even existed.

:confused: Huh?

BlueSky, if making a movie taking place in the ice age is fine, then fine. But making a movie with the same characters when the ice age goes away? That’s crazy. And then making them travel back in time a few million years, still surviving? Insane. 8D

And again, evolution says nothing concerning geology or when they went extinct. Fossil evidence and carbon dating are used to determine that.

One way the writers could get around it is having them encounter dinosaurs in some enclosed place like in Journey to the Center of the Earth. Doesn’t explain the title though.

It’s no shock they don’t care much for any accuracy. They have to pump the series for all the money it’s worth after all. One can imagine what the next ones will be. Ice Age: Jurassic Park. Ice Age in Space. Ice Age on Ice! I can’t wait.

Fett101: It depends what theory you’re referring to.

Yeah, but that’s exactly the problem- they can do what they want within the regions of common sense, and within the limitations of the world the characters are set in.

Minor mistakes, like some of the ones in WALL-E, are okay because they don’t affect the overall story. But having the actual storyline of the movie (or in this case, the three movies) be entirely inaccurate and implausible sort of ruins it. A kid with a bit of common sense might start asking their parents where the dinosaurs came from, and why they weren’t in the first two movies and that sort of thing, which spoils the magic of an animated movie.

But yes, as Fett101 said, is basically about the money. They’ve got a set of characters that children will be familiar with, so they’re just plonking them in all of these different situations that might make a ‘fun’ movie.

You mean like this? :laughing:

Haha, I’m kidding, I know what you mean LG, that does makes sense.

Here’s the teaser trailer:

au.youtube.com/watch?v=W4gvxUlGNAs

I don’t know about you, but if the storyplot for Ice Age 3 doesn’t grab my interest, I still might see it just for Scrat. :laughing:

Same here bdd! I love Scrat!

Ahhh, the dinosaurs are underground! :bulb: