Shrek movies

No one else has made a post about this so I thought that I would. If you would like to know about the upcoming Shrek movies, the next one will be titled Shrek Goes fourth, and the one after that will be Shrek 5. Shrek goes fourth is set to be released in 2010 and Shrek 5 is set to come out in 2013. There will also be a spin-off called Puss in Boots: The Story of an Ogre Killer. That will come out in 2011.

:sunglasses:

I try not to think about them personally. Shrek was a good movie. Nice ribing on the Disney tradition. But 5 of them! Holy crap! Rename it Shrek 4: The Search for More Money, and Puss In Boots: The Plush Animal Saga.

I really enjoy watching Shrek. It is an adorable movie with cool characters. I think my favoite is the second or third one.

Now granted, it will never match the genious work of Pixar, but still, it is a very likeable movie.

HA! HA! HA! That’s the hardest I’ve laughed all day. That’s really clever. 8D

I try not to think about Shrek too. It’s come down to such a sad state where it’s the only franchise holding DreamWorks up
 I’m kind of disgusted by DreamWork’s extreme sequel tactics, but what can I do. So I just ignore them, and when a new one comes out, my curiosity takes me over, and I watch these loads of carp (yes, I spelled it incorrectly on purpose) anyways. Maybe I’ll use my mind when Shrek Goes Forth comes along. They placed it right before Toy Story 3 for a reason. :frowning:
Anyways, the original Shrek was good, but it’s all going downhill, just like DreamWorks has been for 10 years now, and I don’t care, I’d rather have Pixar on top. :slight_smile:

I agree with you there martini833

:sunglasses:

OK, some of you might know already, but I HATE Shrek movies, and I think all these uneccesary sequels are being made purely for $$$$$$$$$, and eventually, the $$$$$$$$$ will just stop coming because these films have kept getting crappier and crappier and obviously it WILL NEVER STOP!!!

martini833I agree with you they put it right before Toy Story 3 for reason. I’m sure Toy Story 3 will still make a better profit though.

I’m sorry, but I’m finding it difficult to type about Shrek without cursing in some way.

I didn’t even like the original, either, let alone the billions of sequels they’re making.

I liked Shrek, and Shrek 2. :slight_smile: Shrek the Third was okay, it got me laughing at some parts. But now it seems like if something goes on and on, it loses its charm. I like DreamWorks (after Pixar, of course), but I think they should move on from making lots of sequels.
One sequel is fine. Two sequels could be so-so. But too many could seem like the problems for the characters never end. :confused: I think DreamWorks should leave Shrek alone now, and start fresh new creative stories (but don’t make lots of sequels to those too!). :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree with you BBD. They should just leave Shrek alone now.

I actually thought that the first installment in the Shrek series was quite successful. I loved it (and still do) and deem it to be a fairly decent and note-worthy production.

That aside, Shrek the Third was the last Shrek film that I will ever see in theaters. :stuck_out_tongue:

What really sickens me is that, from the sound of it, sequels to Kung Fu Panda are in production (or will be produced
 eventually). Leave the film alone, for Pete’s sake. It earned its black belt; it doesn’t need to keep struggling for several more.

– Mitch

They were all done very well and i respect them for that.

BBD-you are correct. That is the same way i felt about it.

Edited. I combined both of your posts. – Mitch

2010 is a year to look out for, where two of the most popular animated films go head to head. On the blue corner is Pixar’s Toy Story 3 and on the red corner is Dreamworks Shrek Goes Fourth. I only hope that TS3 comes out top; as if one film wasn’t enough, TS3 is going to go against 3 Dreamworks films. TS3 has it’s work cut out.

stares at title of thread
noticed “Shrek” and shrieked

Eh. I watched the first one. It was
 okay. Sure, you have Cameron Diaz as a voice actor, wow, big deal. And, oh, look, it’s the same guy who plays Austin Powers, wow, that’s really something. :unamused:

Much expected by DWA to bring in so many cash cows as it did for so many years. Every year, they have like, two to three movies released. I wouldn’t be surprised if Shrek 5 was to come out at 2011 altogether.

LOL

this should be the last shrek movie
maybe :wink:

The way things have been going right now, they might just continue to make Shrek movies from now until the end of Dreamworks (and maybe a few years more after that.)

Just until they’re not profitable. Then they’ll release direct to DVD sequels until those completely burn out the franchise.

If Dream works ever ends. If they do, I hope it’s because of Pixar

Or, hey, they could just end now, that’s one less competition for Pixar. :smiling_imp: