#20 - Monsters, Inc.
#16 - Ratatouille
#11 - The Incredibles
#6 - Finding Nemo
#5 - Wall•E
#4 - Toy Story
#1 - Toy Story 2

Only “Cars” didn’t manage to make it to the top 50. :frowning:

Yeah I read it a few days ago.I was suprised allmost all the Pixar films made it. I think Cars should’ve made it though.

Yeah, it’s apity that Cars didn’t make it through…
It also look like Dreamworks didn’t past the 20’s except for Chicken Run and Wallace and Gromit but that’s sort of an Aardman film so…

Pixar gets a top position once again in the animated films lists!
It’s a shame Cars missed the list by 5%… oh well.
Thanks for that list, eerik!

Ooh, I’ve been waiting for RottenTomatoes to do this for a LONG time. Let’s see where my favorite movies rank:

Spirited Away: 13th place! (I kind of wish it ranked higher, but oh well.)
Wall-E: 5th place! Awesome! :smiley:
The Prince of Egypt: Not on the list at all. (That decidedly sucks. :frowning: )
Persepolis: 17th place.
The Lion King: 26th place.

Wow, I completely forgot about a few of the movies on the list! I’ll have to make a quick dash to Rogers Video to rent some of these.

Haystack

TS and TS2 rock…1 and 4th sweet. They deserved that!

Wow almost all of the pixar films are on…i guess that is why it is the top 50.

What happened to The incredibles and Ratatouille???

They deserved top 15 at least and the max of top 10’s

Toy Story 2 above Toy Story? Blasphemy, I say! :stuck_out_tongue:

But go Pixar! I can sort of see why Cars might not have made it, but it’s good to see all the other Pixar films up there, being appreciated. Especially with a Pixar film taking the top spot, it just shows what a consistent company they are in terms of quality.

THis must be a different list than others I have seen, because every Pixar film always makes it into the top 10-15. I also expect the Incredibles to be a little higher as well. :wink: :laughing: But still, a pretty cool list.

Cars is not on the list, but The Emperors New Groove is on the list? WHAT!?! I Iove TENG, but it is NOT better then Cars!

I think it is. I’d take TENG over Cars any day. :wink:

I’m kinda ticked off that they deemed Emperor’s New Groove better than Corpse Bride. Corpse Bride was freaking awesome!!!

Also, WALL-E is number one in my book, and second is The Triplets of Belleville, so I don’t agree with this list at all.

Yeah, seriously. I find WALL-E and FN better than TS2, and a lot of the movies on there I don’t think deserve it.

Wow, I saw this list featured on the main page a week or two ago. I hate the way RT only gives you the option to painstakingly click through each item on the countdown before reaching no.1. They should give a second option to see the master list straight away and then be able to choose which films you want to look at too see their comments. :angry:
Anyway, I didn’t go through the entire list because it takes too long and I’m out of bandwidth. Here’s the master list in case anyone wants to have a look at a glance.
My thoughts…
Toy Story 2 at number one? Granted TS2 was an awesome film and a sequel that’s better than the first IMO, but does it really deserve to be numero uno?
And I would put Chicken Run at least after 20 (awesome claymation as it is) and The Simpsons’ Movie after 45 (they made it just for money but it’s still pretty good). And I would take Antz (ugly character models) and Southpark (I haven’t watched it, but is it really that good to make top 50? Top 80 more like it, although I may be biased against its vulgar humour, so can someone who’s watched it please prove me wrong?) out of the list.
Now for what I would put in there…Where’s Hercules? And how come there’s no Don Bluth movies (Secret of the NIMH, All Dogs Go To Heaven, An American Tail)? And recent anime hits like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (beautiful scenery and animation) and Ponyo on the Cliff (haven’t seen yet, but I’m stoked!) Traditional-style Dreamworks (Prince of Egypt, Spirit, Road to El Doradto?) Other Western studios (Blue Sky, Sony and Animal Logic?) And like everyone’s been saying, Cars?
Here’s how my rearranged list would look like. Movies I haven’t watched yet remain where they are relative to the rest. Sorry for the super long post, does anyone know how to shrink fonts so I can take up less room?

1. Secret of the NIMH
  2. The Emperor’s New Groove
  3. Persepolis
    47.Watership Down
  4. Surf’s Up
  5. Paprika
  6. Fantasia (2000)
  7. Sleeping Beauty
  8. Shrek
  9. Happy Feet
  10. A Bug’s Life
  11. Kung Fu Panda
  12. The Road to El Dorado
  13. Lilo & Stitch
  14. Hercules
  15. Howl’s Moving Castle
  16. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
  17. Cinderella
  18. Mulan
  19. Lady and the Tramp
  20. Tarzan
  21. Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
  22. Akira
  23. The Little Mermaid
  24. Bambi
  25. Chicken Run
  26. The Nightmare Before Christmas
  27. Aladdin
  28. Princess Mononoke
  29. The Triplets of Belleville
  30. The Jungle Book
  31. Wallace & Gromit: the Curse of the Were-rabbit
  32. Monsters, Inc.
  33. The Incredibles
  34. Cars
  35. Toy Story
  36. Toy Story 2
  37. The Iron Giant
  38. Finding Nemo
  39. 101 Dalmatians
  40. Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
  41. Dumbo
  42. Beauty and the Beast
  43. Ratatouille
  44. The Lion King
  45. Fantasia (1940)
  46. Spirited Away
  47. Pinocchio
  48. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
  49. WALL•E

In case you’re wondering why I just didn’t put Cars first and every other Pixar movie after, I consider not only my personal bias, but its artistic merit, storytelling, and it’s ‘classicness’. Also, like I mentioned, I didn’t change some movies’ positions yet because I haven’t seen them, so my opinion is subject to change (in case you’re wondering "OMG! Why did he put A before B? B is so much cooler!), but this is waaay better (IMHO) than RT’s sorry attempt. I know they’re just taking the critics’ consensus and lined it up all like spreadsheet entries, but I would have liked to hear more personal views from the editors and the writers of the article. Sorry, RT. :sunglasses:

Here’s my top 20:

Wallace &Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Open Season
South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
The Fox and the Hound
Ratatouille
Pokemon: The First Movie
Finding Nemo
Chicken Run
Toy Story
Surf’s Up
Antz
Madagascar
The Road to El Dorado
Corpse Bride
A Bug’s Life
The Incredibles
Toy Story 2
The Nightmare Before Christmas
The Triplets of Belleville

(Tie): WALL-E and Monsters, Inc.

I agree with your guys lists alot more. Although I do agree with RT when it comes to movie reviews.

Woo-hoo! That’s the first time I’ve seen my favorite movie no. 1 on a list!!! Yaaay!!! I love that list:!:

Editted by TSS (Careful of shouting)

My own top 10

Honorable mentions: South Park, Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.
Hey Arnold! The Movie
Titan A.E.

1. Watership Down-Supurb storu
  2. Fantasia-decades ahead of its time
    #8 Fantasia 2000-excellent redeux
  3. Cars-visually stunning with a decent story
  4. The Iron Giant-kids movie for adults
  5. The Incredibles-total excitment
  6. Chicken Run-wonderful reduex of “The Great Escape”
  7. The Rescuers-last Disney animated movie by Walt’s men and my first movie
  8. Who Framed Roger Rabbit-wonderful period piece with a social commentary we all can agree on, and Jessica Rabbit. Bogs and Mickey share a scene.
  9. les Tripletts de Belleville-makes you turn your brain up to 11 with a wonderful score, unforgettable music, great story, wonderful characters, and my love cycling gets it just due. Armstrong, Indurain, Lemond, Hinault, Merkx, Coppi, Anquitel, Bobon, and Polidor are all in it.

Not to dis anyone, I can’t get into Japanese anime.
Speed Racer feels like a cartoon.

I def. think that Toy Story 1 should have topped the list over TS2. Not that i dont like TS2, but come on! The origional Toy Story was flawless!!