The Simpsons vs. Futurama

The Simpsons or Futurama: Which do you think is better?

• The Simpsons
  • Futurama
  • can’t decide

0 voters

What’s your favourite Matt Groening (how ever you spell it) creation? I’m going with Futurama. For some reason, I like it more than the simpsons :sunglasses:

Futurama. The Simpsons got boring after 10 seasons.

I like 'em both, but I think I like the Simpsons a little more.

Both are great, but the humour of The Simpsons gets me laughing a bit more than the humour of Futurama. Also, the characters in Futurama are almost too heartless sometimes…I mean, it’s funny to a certain extent, and then it starts to get scary.

I also prefer The Simpsons :wink:

I never really watched an entire episode of Futurama, only a few scenes of it at youth. The same can be said for The Simpsons, but I always kinda like Bart and felt kinda sorry for Lisa when she was pressured by her class to eat meat when she’s supporting the diet of a vegetarian. The theme song was kinda nice, too.

Futurama, on the other hand, sorry to say, but it just kinda looked weird to me back then when I saw it…

I like 'em both, but I think I fancy Futurama a bit more. Fry’s such a like-able character like Homer.

Plus, I like the Futurama theme song more than The Simpson’s.

I would have said Futurama easy 3 years ago but with the release of the two terrible and mediocre direct to DVD movies I don’t know. The 4 Futurama seasons as a whole are easily far greater then the whole of the Simpsons.

I perfer The Simpsons. I saw a couple of episodes of the Simpsons and I was bawling in laughter. I saw a couple episodes of Futurama and I fell asleep.

Futurama. By Far. also the theme tune is better.

The Simpsons is getting less funny now, but still I’m rooting for The Simpsons. Furtama is good, but not as good as The Simpsons.

Both are equally good, but I’m leaning towards Futurama a bit because I’m kinda science geek. Actually, both series share similarities like a clueless but well-intentioned male protagonist, characters who can seem heartless at times, but that’s part of their ‘ignorant’ nature, and a moral and happy ending to conclude every episode…

However I prefer the story arc in Futurama too, you know, of Fry’s sad unrequited love for Leela? When will they ever resolve that platonic relationship of theirs? :wink: Whereas the Simpsons has a self-contained plot in every episode with no ‘incentive’ to tune in except to catch up on what shennanigans Bart or Homer got up to this time.

And Bender is the one of the best evil robots (albeit with some degree of conscience towards his friends) in the history of sci-fi, up there with Hal, Megatron and of course, AUTO. And of course, there’s the whole supporting cast of incompetent doctor Zoidberg, office bureaucrat Hermes, clueless Professor Farnsworth, airhead Amy Wong, narcissistic Zapp Brannigan with his long-suffering assistant Kif, and the adorable but deadly Nibbler.

The Simpsons, of course, has an entire town of ensemble cast and it’s interesting to see their various misadventures, but late seasons are starting to get stale and too random like Family Guy (which I dislike for that very reason). Futurama though, remains witty and irreverent as ever, and I love some of their episode’s titles and plots that spoof movies and the sci-fi genre.

I agree with the people who said the Futurama theme is better. I loved the remix for Bender’s Big Score and I look forward to seeing Beast with a Billion Backs and Bender’s End Game.

I just hope they would stop doing these TV movies and get back to making full-length seasons again. Fox, listen to the fans, and bring back Futurama for good!

Actually I like Futurama better. The Simpsons arent as funny as they used to be, although I still enjoy watching them. I think futurama’s storylines and characters are more creative. I guess it’s not as funny as the Simpsons used to be, but I still find the whole show more interesting. (but I dont laugh that much at either one) And honestly their future seems more believable to me then some ‘futures’ i’ve seen on TV. I wish the show could have been continued. I just love Fry, Bender, Zoidy, Farnsy, Kiff, although they all are pretty cool.

I haven’t seen much of Futurama since it doesn’t really interest me much … so I’d have to say I like the Simpsons better, even if I don’t watch it as often as I used to.

I don’t actually laugh that much at Futurama, I just enjoy watching it. There’s a fair few funny bits but I don’t always laugh at them :sunglasses:

Futurama. The Simpsons was better in the early seasons but has sort of lost its way recently… the movie was mediocre I felt and the episodes nowadays are random and uninspired - no real emotion and turning to ever more stupid things for laughs. There were some great episodes before but none of them were as good as the best Futurama episodes. The first 2 seasons of Futurama are hands down the best of any TV series.

If it was the first two seasons of Futurama VS the whole of The Simpsons, then Futurama would win. But if it was seasons 4 - 6 of The Simpsons VS the whole of Futurama (inc. the movies) then The Simpsons would win. It seems as if Matt Groening doesn’t know when to stop flogging a dead horse with his animated programs. The only new The Simpsons eps that I would bother watching nowadays, is the Halloween episodes, if at all.

I really like Futurama (though the last season and the movies I could do without), but I’d probably have to choose The Simpsons over it, but on a different day it could be Futurama so I don’t know. They are both too different to compare, IMO. Futurama, when it first came out, wasn’t bound by the history that The Simpsons was so it seemed fresher. But some classic episodes of The Simpsons are just so darn quotable, that it makes me want to pick it as my favourite. :stuck_out_tongue:

Futurama. Bender is HILARIOUS!!!

What is the voice of Bender of? I’ve heard that voice somewhere else…

The Simpsons. I like them both, but so many older Simpsons episodes have made me vote out of loyalty. Futurama has some great humor … but Simpsons is Simpsons and despite the newer seasons having a quality drop, it is still going semi-good, so … yeah.