Favorite animated movie non pixar

I have been wondering a question for a new topic, but I have’nt been able to think of one. Anyway, here’s the question:
What is your favorite animated movie that’s non pixar. Mine is Shrek, by Dreamworks.{Boo}

Yes, boo! :stuck_out_tongue: It is terribly amazing at how Shrek was able not to create shrieks of terror but compose screams of fandom. Why could they not create stories for the sake of telling stories nowadays? :laughing:

But, anyway, my favorite non-Pixar animated feature by far would have to be Spider-Man: The Animated Series. Before 3-D animation was a phenomenon, and before Spidey gets a live action make-over, we have this golden series which Fox was too foolish to have canceled.

Okay, just noticed that this is an animated movie thread, so I guess I would go for Bolt, because other than Pixar and Bolt, no other animated features really bewildered me.

My favorite non-pixar animated film has to be either…

Jonah (A Veggie-Tales Movie)
Meet the Robinsons
Hoodwinked

Most likely Hoodwinked has been my favorite…

Studio Ghibli: Everything! But my absolute favorites are My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Whisper of the Heart, Grave of the Fireflies, Princess Mononoke, Only Yesterday, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Castle in the Sky, and… I’ll stop here.

Others: The Iron Giant, The Girl Who Leapt through Time, and the work of Kon Satoshi.

Animation always gets me excited. =)

Meet the Robinsons, Disney Classics, and Ice Age.

I haven’t watched The Iron Giant and Bolt, but I think I’ll like them. :slight_smile:

Sorry about this but I changed my mind. My favorite animated movie thats non pixar is Spirited Away. Thanks for the reminder, queen_of_painting!

3D non Pixar:

Meet the Robinsons
Horton Hears a Who
Flushed Away

2D:
Iron Giant
Lion King
Mulan

Oh, wow. How could I have forgotten Disney? Facepalm. I love almost all of their classics.

2-D: Most of Disney Classics, pretty much. {highlighting Lilo and Stitch; Treasure Planet; Hercules; The Lion King series; Aladdin; Beauty and the Beast; Brother Bear}

3-D: Horton Hears a Who; The Nightmare Before Christmas; Madagascar; Flushed Away; Kung-Fu Panda (yes, I like those DreamWorks films. Deal with it); Coraline

Mine are The Nightmare Before Christmas, Chicken Run, The Lion King, Bolt, and Pinocchio.

I couldn’t choose just one, but out of the Disney classics, my favourites are Aladdin and Hercules, and I also like Studio Ghibli films. And The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Definitely Persepolis.

-points to icon-
Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea.

In no order:

Lion King: Proper epic. Iconic brilliant film by all measures, a Disney, and animation apogee.

The Great Mouse Detective: Relatively unknown in the Disney canon, and book-ended by other largely forgotten films. Decidedly dark, but more in-line with stuff from the late 60s/mid 70s in my mind than other early Eisner era work. Nice plot adaptation from the books and I like the somewhat grittier animation style. Really like the character design too. Great V/O work by Vincent Price and Barrie Ingham. Notably marked the first use of computer animation (Big Ben Scene).

101 Dalmatians: My favorite of the “classic” era, for many of the same reasons as GMD above. Great story, characters, and visuals, across the board. An embodiment of 60s Disney, but timeless nonetheless. As Disney should be.

Kung Fu Panda: I’ve already covered it in detail, but far and away the best DW feature.

Honorable Mention:

Over the Hedge: under-appreciated, but still sweet movie with a charming animation style. When people trash-talk DWA, this one doesn’t get mentioned,

Sorry for the late notice bright dot-dasher, but you liked Chicken little? That, and Vailiant are the worst movies I ever saw.

Oy! Chicken Little is cute. :stuck_out_tongue:Oy! Chicken Little is cute. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish this topic was also non-Disney. It would help me to narrow my choices down.

So I’ll just name my favorite non-Disney non-Pixar animated film. :smiley:

All-time : Fern Gully

Right now: Horton Hears A Who :smiley:

Pretty much all of the Dreamworks movies are up there along with my Pixar, i love them both!

And Horton is also a great movie aswell!

Robots is hilarious too!

In No Particular Order (I feel like a Reality TV Show Host)

The Lion King: Fabulous Story based on Shakespeare’s Hamlet which is an incredible text, beautiful animation, great voice actors, topped off with a Perfect Score

Tarzan: Great Animation, with voice actors allowing more story and jokes to flood through Phil Collins Lights up the room with the perfect lyrics and tempos of his tracks.

Anything By Aardman except Flushed Away: Aardman’s animation is detailed, with a story which makes you chuckle the entire time, look at the movies Chicken Run, Curse of The Ware-Rabbit, look at the gags, the fluid entertaining animation for what looks to be a very time consuming style of animation. and with more movies/shows lined up in the works all of which sound great except one… and thats due to the partner that ruined Aardman’s good name with Flushed Away… Dream Works- Count Duckula

IceAge: Great Vocals, Good Stories

Bolt: OK The UK haven’t had it yet… I’m only 14 days from seeing it! I am already chomping at the bit to get into the cinema screen just to see What Lasseter’s first whole production with Disney gives… Reviews haven’t been too kind but I make the final Judgement!

Lion King

Well non Pixar Disney ones include

Aladdin (Best. Disney. movie. ever!)
Little Mermaid
Lion King
Hercules
Mulan
Pocahontas
Nightmare Before Christmas (which is kinda Disney I guess)

and non Pixar non Disney (they’re are only a couple)

Yellow Submarine
The Return of the Joker