Despicable Me

This is coming out in Summer 2010, and it’s the first animated film from Universal’s new animation division. I’m really surprised, this looks very unique and refreshing. A very good trailer too, it takes a turn that I didn’t see coming and doesn’t reveal too much of the plot. I’m really excited for this. :smiley:

Teaser:
movies.yahoo.com/movie/181009511 … .89350082-

I saw the teaser for this and I thought it looks really funny and clever. It looks interesting, so I might end up watching it. I like the casting choices.

Is it me or does the silouhette in the trailer at the end remind you of [spoil]Danny Devito’s Penguin[/spoil]?

Cast list looks great… nice to see a bit of Brit in there with Brand too! he’s got a voice which is cool… if somewhat annoying!

Just saw the teaser right now. Well, it looks very interesting, and the idea seems very unique! The [spoil]inflatable was unexpected of me. But it was funny![/spoil]. :slight_smile: I’ll have to wait and see for more clips and info.

Here’s the plot summary from Wikipedia. Interesting story, but perhaps not very original though.

Yup, I saw this yesterday (my homepage is the Apple website, I saw it under the Trailers box).

I was quite annoyed by the [spoil]busload of tourists and the kid with the airplane[/spoil], but I didn’t see the [spoil]inflatable pyramids[/spoil] coming. Looks intriguing, but it doesn’t get me excited as the trailer for, say, The Princess and the Frog or Ponyo.

The synopsis from the Apple trailer site sounded interesting; something about him planning the heist of the decade: [spoil]stealing the moon[/spoil]! But NanoGeek’s plot synopsis kinda reminds me of Igor meets The Game Plan or the upcoming Old Dogs.

The cast is full of top-notch comedians; Steve Carell, Will Arnett, Danny McBride and Russell Brand. I’ll wait to see what they show for the longer trailer. What’s the studio, BTW?

It looks kind of good, actually. :slight_smile: The trailer’s funny. [spoil]I wasn’t expecting the inflatable pyrimads[/spoil] even though I read the spoilers. :laughing: I saw a poster for this on the internet a while back, and thought it was an actual comedy. Like an adult animation. Well, I hope Universal animation studios does well. :wink:

Russell Brand’s in this?

Well, looks like I’ll be avoiding this film then. :laughing:

The plot sounds pretty average, as well. The trailer was alright, but I wasn’t particularly excited by it even though it had a couple of surprises in store.

Thanks, TAMATER. I didn’t know Universal has an animation branch! So this will be their feature-film debut?

I actually recently became a fan of his after watching late-night screenings of Ponderland on FTA. He’s a great heckler, although a bit eccentric. So you can guess I’m excited to hear him in this one, albeit he’ll probably tone down the cussing a bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

You might not be aware of this,TDIT but Russell Brand isn’t in the good books of many a British citizen.

He used to have a radio programme on the BBC and alongside British film critic Jonathan Ross (his wife wrote the Stardust script and is attending Comic Con due to her new script getting greenlit) made some leud, crude and rude telephone calls to veteran actor and star of Fawlty Towers, Andrew Sachs, in which Ross (if you hear the transcripts) leads the switch in which the phone calls twist!

So the thoughts on the actor/comedian at the moment are mixed.

Aah, so he did a ‘Ramsay’?

How despicable! Maybe he should’ve been the title character. :wink:

Oh, I don’t mind what happened there, Captain Pan. I mean, I felt sorry for Sachs but I can understand how a joke can get out of hand.

I just don’t like Russell Brand’s humour - I don’t think he’s funny in the slightest, and his need to be all ‘flamboyant’ and ‘strange’ even when doing interviews and that sort of thing just really irritates me.

But each to their own, thedriveintheatre. :laughing: And yes, perhaps he should’ve been the title character! :laughing:

I just saw the trailer on Apple.com, and it looks kind of average, but still slightly promising. The fact that [spoil]the kid was on a leash[/spoil] annoyed me somewhat, but the cast list looks interesting; it’s nice that they cast Julie Andrews in this as well. It’s too bad, though, that she’s not singing these days because of the vocal chord surgery she underwent a few years ago.

Geesh, I’m always the negative one to come and rain on people’s parade, aren’t I? :laughing:

Though the song in the trailer is pretty darn catchy, the animation style…wasn’t attractive for me. It gave me a bit of the “Vanguard” air.

And the story…I don’t find interesting. Some guy steals the pyramid. Whoo.

Honestly, it reminds me with Carmen Sandiego…
and I’m also not too interested with the animation, but what makes me want to watch it is how the story will turn out to be (a professional thief planning to steal the moon but encounters 3 little girls…)

Still waiting for more information though. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it had shades of Carmen Sandiego, sayurkangkung. This may turn out to be an animated heist flick!
The official site just opened. Nothing much to see, except you can hear more of the catchy theme song. I’m curious who is the singer, though.

Official site

I had no clue that Universal was doing that. I wonder if it will end up like DreamWorks. But I’m still excited for the movie.

new trailer guys
youtube.com/watch?v=yOKtRJWBFL8

its just me or this and the first trailer seem like trailers for complete diferent movies?

Looks interesting, and maybe mildly amusing. The fact that a ‘bad guy’ (however inept) is the main character is kinda different.

Trailer 3 has been released, revealing the baddie’s henchmen.

I can’t quite put my finger on it, but they remind me of another bunch of cartoon characters from somewhere, especially with that laugh. Does anyone feel the same way, that they’ve heard that laughter before?

The bit with the ‘moo’ toy does remind me of the Dolby Digital ad, though.