The Lorax film adaptation

Does this look good?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Yes, the next Seuss film is The Lorax.

pastemagazine.com/articles/2 … irmed.html

weblogs.variety.com/bfdealmemo/2 … r-uni.html

It’s being done by Universal Pictures, so I suspect that it is being done by their new animation division.

Wow. They’re making an adaptation of The Lorax. It’s kind of okay with me. It’s been a long time that I’ve wanted the book adapted to film. :smiley:

I agree! I love the book, and it teaches kids a really important lesson. Since it’s by the same guys as Horton Hears a Who!, I think this is a must-see for me! :smiley:

I’ve been waiting for this book to become a film. Years ago, in grade 2, my teacher showed us the television adaptation, and I really enjoyed it quite a bit. I’m happy to see that the writers of Horton Hears a Who! will be making their directorial debut with this classic piece of work, as well as co-writing the script.

The Dr. Seuss books are made for animation; the design, and the way that his stories are done fit the medium to a perfect marriage. I will say, though, that I enjoyed the film adaptation of How the Grinch Stole Chistmas. I did not enjoy, however, The Cat in the Hat. Audrey Geisel (the widow of Seuss) was vocal in her dislike for the film, and stated that there will be no more live-action adaptations of his books. I couldn’t agree more; these materials are not meant for live-action, they’re meant for animation.

I can’t wait for this film. I loved Horton Hears a Who!. The original Lorax TV special is, in my opinion, a masterpiece. I even love all the songs in that special. It would be really great if they do the film in that same style. It will have to be darker than Horton, but still has to have that Dr. Seuss sense of whimsy. Almost the kind of film that Pixar would do. I can’t wait to see how it turns out.

Great, another tree huggers lecture adapted into a two-hour waste of time. I’m sorry, but I’m sick of all this go-green propaganda. It’s very true that we need to change our ways in order to save this place we call home, but infusing this ideal into every aspect possible? It’s too much.

In other news, I actually saw the animation for this in class the other day.

Not all that excited about it, but I never liked The Lorax in the first place. I’ve seen the short of it, and it just made me depressed because it was kind of sad.

Regardless, I thought The Lorax was a cute little story. I love anything Dr. Seuss.

I’m okay with it as long as it’s more like Horton Hears a Who! and a lot less like The Cat in the Hat.

The Lorax is my absolute favorite book of all time, and I loved the TV adaptation.

I don’t care about The Lorax, I want Green Eggs and Ham!

The casting for the film has been confirmed:

slashfilm.com/2010/10/25/the … tty-white/

screenrant.com/lorax-movie-cast- … uly-84477/

It seems like props are in order for the casting director(s).

Same here.

Big Dr. Seuss fan - hope this does him justice.

I’ve been super excited for this film. I got really excited when I saw Despicable Me for the first time and saw the easter egg (Margo’s shirt).

Wow, this movie looks really bad - wait, Danny DeVito (my relative) is playing the Lorax? I’m sold! :smiley:

Taylor Swift joins the cast of The Lorax

I thought you guys might be interested in the most recent developments happening with the project.

I’ll let you know more when I do. That is if you don’t find out yourselves, of course.

The Lorax, I’m really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but Cat in the Hat was the best Dr. Seuss book of all time.

That Lorax design looks pretty ugly by the way. It could be worse I guess, but it doesn’t have much charm to it.

Taylor Swift, Ed Helms, Betty White, Zafron? What an interesting cast.

Taylor Swift: +1000
Zac Efron: -10000000000000000000000

I think I might just not see this.

lolz poor Zafron! Sorry, I just wanted to say Zafron!