Traditionally-animated Dreamworks films

I agree with many people on that Pixar is better than DreamWorks in animation. I like DreamWorks, but Pixar beats it big time. So I was wondering: Do you guys think that DreamWorks was better off making hand drawn movies like El Dorado and The Prince of Egypt :question:

Those are some of my favorite drawn cartoon movies!!

Their both equal in my eyes. none of them really stood out to me. though they haven’t done enough 2d for me to really judge. one thing worth mentioned though is they had a number of animators from Disney working on their hand drawn movies.

totally…their animated films were not bad at all imo.

Umm, I think this belongs not here.

The only DW films I like are Kung Fu Panda, PoE, and HtTYD, so I choose Pixar.

Yeah, I think so. I remember loving Spirit when I was little. And the world needs more hand drawn animation :wink:

Absolutely! Spirit and Prince of Egypt were fantastic!

I agree that traditionally animated Dreamworks is superior to CGI Dreamworks. The Only Dreamworks film I adore is Prince of Egypt, so there you go. Spirit and Road to El Dorado were pretty good as well.

This is a very interesting idea. I think Dreamworks should rather have not abandoned completely traditional animation. Disney is now producing animated films in both mediums, and I think Dreamworks is capable of doing that as well. If they had from the beginning, maybe they wouldn’t have made a lot of pointless computer animated films (I’m looking at you Bee Movie).

Changed the title to better reflect the discussion content. :slight_smile:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I LOVE Prince of Egypt, but Road to El Dorado never left a huge impression on me. I still prefer Disney in that regard.

Yeah, I only noticed RtED because my Dad loves it, and the team from The Lion king did the music. :laughing:

El Dorado, Spirit, and Prince of Egypt were absolutely fantastic. Spirit was my favorite of the three. I never saw Sinbad or Joseph, so I can’t say with them.

Sinbad is mediocore at best, haven’t seen J:KoD.