DreamWorks announces Me and My Shadow.

variety.com/article/VR1118028802

That actually sounds really good. Can’t wait.

I hope it’s not a good movie, that Dreamworks makes 3 or 4 sequels for and ruins. :confused:
EDIT: Sorry, If I sound negative I want it to be good, I just don’t want allot of sequels that would probably ruin it.

I have to say for all the bias DreamWorks gets, they’ve actually come up with something interesting for once. It almost sounds similar to Day & Night but in feature length. My only hope is that the story itself will be any good, but it pleases me to see more and more people get back on the 2D swing regardless.

Guess what? I’m excited for this. And I’m pretty DreamWorks bias (sorry, I can’t help it). But this sounds completely new, and kind of like Day & Night, but different at the same time. I’m excited for some 2D traditional animation. I can’t believe I’m saying it, but yay DW!

Alright, I’m not going to lie, excessive sequels and spin-offs aside, I’m much more interested in a lot of the things Dreamworks has in the pipeline than just about anything over at Pixar except for Brave.

This sounds like it could be very interesting. I can’t wait to see how it turns out.

I wonder if the Hans Christian Anderson short story The Shadow, was the inspiration for this movie. I love that story.

I had this same thought in my head. But it could be very interesting, and I sort of love the concept. A lot of talented Disney animators have migrated over there, so to see DWKs doing hand-drawn for the first time in almost 10 years … I say yes to it! This is what I really want to see from them: anything that’s a breath of fresh air.

I’m very interested. :slight_smile: I have no bias against DW, save for ridiculous amounts of sequelage. I don’t like it as well as Pixar, but I like it almost as much as Disney. That, and this actually sounds like a good idea. :slight_smile:

I have a love/hate relationship with DreamWorks. This movie is definitely Love.

I would agree with that. I hate Antz, Bee Movie, Shrekquels, and well, a lot of their stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

I love the Prince Of Egypt, HtTYD, KFP, and…well, that’s it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, same here. :stuck_out_tongue:

The concept of this movie really interests me… I’m pretty sure I’m gonna be seeing this one. :smiley: Yay, DreamWorks!! It’s time you got back on the right track.

And… oh mah gosh - 2D animation!! I really miss their old 2D films like The Prince of Egypt. I’m really excited to see how they pull this off. :slight_smile:

It sounds good. Im glad 2D animation will be in it.

Interesting. I’ll be checking this out.

Though why do I get the feeling that if it’s lighthearted they’ll be a lot of dark fanfiction when it has been out long enough? (Technically the idea kind of is ‘Fridge horror’ when you think about it- someone taking over you body? -Shudders-)

I pretty much agree with everything you just said!! Sadly, PoE and Sinbad are their only 2D ones I’ve seen, and Sinbad wasn’t too great. :frowning: I have high hopes for this, though!! :smiley:

Am I the only one that is a big fan of Over the Hedge? That was awesome!

It’s not bad. I think I’d give it a solid B/B- score.

I think this sounds great, and wish it were releasing sooner than 2013! Mark Dindal’s participation ups my excitement considerably, too, even if I wasn’t fond of Chicken Little.

Buzz&WoodyForever, trust me, you’re not. :slight_smile: It may not be animation’s crowning achievement, but I enjoy that movie. And god knows I freakin’ love suburban settings/parodies…

Hmmm, sounds interesting. I can’t wait to learn more.

What does OtH have to do with anything? It wasn’t their worst, but it was no classic either.