Looney Tunes Show

I’m not sure if there’s a topic on this or not. So, last night, on Cartoon Network, a new show about the Looney Tunes premiered. It takes them and deposits them into kind of a suburbian area. The premiere episode featured Bugs, Daffy, Speedy Gonzales, Elmer Fudd, and the Goofy Gophers (look it up, folks.) I watched it and I’d give it a 4/5. It was humorous and featured parts that were laugh out loud material. It airs Tuesdays on CN at 8 PM EDT. Did anyone else watch it? If so, what did you think? If you didn’t, do you plan on seeing it at any time in the future?

I watched it. First let me say, it took me almost the whole episode to get use to Bugs and Daffy’s new look. It was easier for me to get use to Daffy’s. But Bugs head is so big! Anyway, I actually enjoyed the show. I laughed throughout the whole show. It was better than I excepted it to be. And the credit card joke at the end was the best joke of the whole show. The one thing that was a weak link in the episode for me was Speedy for some reason. But I can’t really say why. The music video in the middle of the episode was…interesting. Daffy was the best thing about the episode. I will continue to watch the show. My biggest complaint about the show is the fact that the Cartoon Network pretty much showed the whole episode with it’s advertisements over the past few weeks. I gotta stop letting people get into my head about certain things. All over the net, people were so against this show before the first episode. And peoples feelings started get into my head. I went into the first episode getting ready to hate it. But I ended up enjoying it. Nothing ground breaking, just a fun comedy show. And I’m totally ok with that. As much as I enjoyed this show, The Amazing World of Gumball was the highlight of the last nights line up! I can’t wait for a full episode next week. And I hope it’s a big hit for the Cartoon Network. Well actually I hope both shows are hits for the network.

Thank you for creating this topic! I know I already told you my thoughts on facebook, but I’ll re state them here.

I was impressed! I’m a huge Looney Tunes fan, but for this show I had low expectations. I really enjoyed it though. I love the show set up (Daffy & Bugs as room mates in a modern town), the characters. And did you see how cool the artistry of it was? I liked the clouds and the stars, they were very unique and nice to look at. The colors are great too. Little details like that helped make how good this show was.

It could be better of course, there were corny parts. But for all the corny parts, there was a really hilarious joke. So it evened out. I can’t wait to see more (expecially my favorite Looney Tune character, Marvin Martian!)

Abd I agree with theoutsider. It was easy to get use to Daffy, but I don’t like the character design of Bugs. Also Daffy was the best part of the episode.

I missed the first episode–but it looks hilarious! 8D 8D 8D

New episode tommorrow!

New episode tomorrow. I can’t wait to see it. It’s one of the better cartoons on TV now.

Pretty funny show. Glad they are bringing back Looney Tunes as it is one of my favorite cartoon comedies besides from Tom and Jerry and Popeye. I thought the animations were pretty good and the humor was very well done. Looking forward to seeing more of Bugs and Daffy along with my favorite Looney Tunes character- Speedy Gonzalez. Considering this is Cartoon Network, this is a big hit.

How was it? What was it about? I forgot to record it.

I love this quote by Daffy:

“Your mother is wrong. Violence is almost always the answer.”

My opinion of this show is… Meh. It has jokes in it that my brain says I SHOULD laugh, but it never really comes out as being all that funny to me. Also, I don’t like Kristen Wiig as Lola Bunny; granted, she didn’t have much to work with in terms of comedy from her introduction in Space Jam, but I kinda wanted the character to be a little less stupid and annoying.

I kinda like this show! I grew up with Disney rather than Warner Bros., so I never quite saw a lot of Looney Tunes in my time. This show’s pretty good though! The characters are amusing and I like the musical numbers, even in Dutch.

Try watching some of the originals; you can find them all over Youtube.

Oh yes, please watch some of the originals. True classics. I perfer Warner Brother’s shorts as a whole over Disney’s shorts. Any day.

Though some of them do have their… controversial moments.

Of course. People are too quick to get upset about it. We have to understand that it’s the product of it’s time period. We shouldn’t erase the past, we should learn from it and move forward. It’s called progression, and it doesn’t work without a starting point.

True, though it CAN be a bit uncomfortable watching, [spoil]especially when you see Bugs Bunny trick a black man in gambling all of his clothes away in a game of craps[/spoil].

I’ve never seen that one.

My Saturday & Sunday mornings used to be nothing but watching Looney Tunes so I am well versed on the shorts. I tried to watch one episode of this new Looney Tunes show and couldnt get into it :confused:

The Classics are of course better, but I think the show is still really clever and entertaining. I actually bought the first season on DVD the other day. I’m sad the show is over, I was suprised too bc I thought it was being well received.