Penguins of Madagascar (2014)

I literally have nothing to say about this… I mean it, I really don’t. I mean, as much as I love the Madagascar Penguins, do they really need their own movie? I mean they already have their own short film, cartoon, toy line, video game… When is Dreamworks gonna stop milking their existing franchises and start making something original? Anyway, here’s the article on it: [url]http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dreamworks-developing-madagascar-penguins-spinoff-172353[/url]

What, again? I’m in the minority here, but I found the penguins to be the least funniest of all animals in the first 2 films. I found those lemur dudes to be much more hilarious!

My God. :frowning:

Wouldn’t a whole TV series on Nickelodeon classify as a spin-off already?

oh no please Dreamworks not more madagascar movies. :frowning: :open_mouth:

I know. Was that series enough for them? Apperently not enough.

blehhh. tbh i thought they were /easily/ the best part of the first movie, but no more madagascar, dreamworks. PLEASE.

I just hope it’s good, because if it’s bad (and I mean Shrek 3 bad), I’m never gonna watch another Dreamworks movie again.

Just because they made a bad film?

I guess a franchise is never enough for Dreamworks. I don’t hate them but come on…

Seriously? But Dreamworks has had its moments too. HTTYD and KFP 1 & 2. And who knows what they have in the future that may be mind blowiningly awesome!

Ehhh, come on. I like the show, and Madagascar was funny, but a spinoff of a spinoff just seems a little low, even for them

Thought I’d bump this thread since trailers are out;

youtube.com/watch?v=4jsFpmFWOSs

youtube.com/watch?v=retX8Wj7JdM

Not really crazy about what I’ve seen of the plot, but the second trailer’s hilarious. I’d like to see it in theaters.

(Really, you can’t embed videos on this forum?)

I’ve had a soft spot for the Penguins, I’ll see it just for the jokes.

This is probably the only forum I visit that doesn’t allow embedding (it hinders my hilarious youtube reactions).

I didn’t see this film, but I want to. Looked pretty funny.

I eventually got to see it on DVD. And yeah, it was pretty much what I expected from the trailer; hilarious and a kind of lackluster plot. It was also pretty weird; it’s probably going to be the first Dreamworks movie I buy on Blu-Ray (for commentary) and get the “Art of…” book for, because there are some really ridiculous things I want to see their comments on. And also kind of a little bit because I really like the penguins. :stuck_out_tongue:

The movie bombed really badly, though. Which is a shame, I think. Despite its flaws, I found it to be pretty enjoyable, and I definitely wouldn’t have minded a series of Penguins movies.

Dreamworks is in this weird rut right now where they either are producing financial bombs (Mr. Peabody and Sherman) or financial/critical successes (HTTYD 2).