Despicable Me 2

too early, Summer 2013

The EPIC Battle BEGINS:

Despicable Me 2 vs. Monsters University

I’d like to see how this will work out… I don’t think that Despicable Me really needs a sequel. It was awesome on its own…

I think I’d rather see Monster’s University, but then I do believe that Illumination deserves some recognition for the stuff they do as well.

Why, why, why do people have to kill a good thing with sequels? I actually really liked DM, and I was happy to say that it was a nice little wrapped up ending. But why another one? Darn. But they may surprise us, who knows :smiley:

kinda agree, but HOP was dreadful

Wait, they did Hop? I didn’t realize that. They also did Rango, right? I haven’t seen that one but heard it is awesome.

WHAT? I totally wouldn’t have expected a sequel for this particular movie. But, okay. I might rent it.

HOP: Yes

Rango: NO, this one was done by Paramount, which is far miles better than Hop,

Hop is a film from Universal and its studio Illumination, the creators of Despicable Me

What, they’re making a sequel to Despicable Me? How did I not find out about this earlier?

I never even liked the first one too much, so I probably won’t be interested in this. Perhaps when it comes out on DVD.

It isn’t? Could’ve sworn it was… this is shameful for an animation fan as I…

Alright, that’s it, I’m not posting anything here 'til I know which studios made what! 8D

Wow despicable me 2!! never expected that.

I hated the first one, so i don´t tink i am going to see this :frowning:

Just curious, not arguing. Why did you guys dislike the original?

The first one came off as bland to me. I didn’t think any of the characters were cute and I didn’t fall for the emotional scenes, therefore the film offered nothing for me. I guess that’s why I dislike it.

That makes sense. The first 1 or 2 times I saw it, I didn’t really care at all.

I’m not sure how to feel about this. I probably come off as a wet blanket but I kind of don’t want DM to be touched. It’s a good movie, and I enjoyed it a lot, but I’m not even sure what kind of sequel you could make to it. Gru gets some sort of new ambition? Another supervillain shows up? I’m not saying it couldn’t still be good, though. But for now, I am skeptical.

I’m in the group of the ones who didn’t find any greatness on this film, however I enjoyed more than many other animated films from past years

Yeah. I mean, I’d rather this than Hop, anyway. Why the fudge marshmallows would they do that to us? 8D

Haven’t seen the first one, and don’t really plan to. That said, there’s no reason to be surprised. Sequlitis has taken over the movie business. I mean, there’d be no reason for two Hobbit movies if it hadn’t. And look…The Expendables 2, G.I. Joe 2, Sherlock Holmes 2…

One year not too long from now, 90% of the films released will be sequels.

That’s pretty much my exact feeling here. I do really like Despicable Me a lot. But a second one? What for?

OMG… When is Hollywood gonna learn? NOT EVERYTHING NEEDS A SEQUEL! I mean, why is it that the movies we want to have sequels don’t have sequels, and the movies we don’t want to have sequels have sequels? Because that seems to be the trend lately… That’s like if I made a movie about spoons and forks and I decided to make a sequel, it just doesn’t work that way! Only movies with good plots and cliffhangers should get sequels, anything else should get a short film or something, but not a full-blown sequel! (Sorry, if I sound like I’m ranting, but I’m just sick of all these sequels, prequels, midquels, 2-parters, remakes, reboots, and 3D releases, we need original films, this kind of stuff back in the day was a treat, but now it’s like they aren’t even trying!) (which they aren’t) Anyway, I’m sorry if that rant offended anyone, I just needed to get that off my chest.