A Monster in Paris

French CG film coming in the fall that seems to be a riff on the old Beauty and the Beast story, with a guitar playing giant bug in a zoot suit. Looking pretty cool and it’s getting an English dub as well. Been really enjoying European animation recently

Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=et1T4c-BNUk

“La Seine” Musical number: youtube.com/watch?v=9Z-NbQvh … re=related

I want to see this! I like the character design, and the whole Paris setting. And I too have been impressed by recent animated movies coming from Europe.

There’s a huge obsession ofthis movie over at my forum. I checked it out and now Im hooked.
I cant wait for this to come out! When the US gets it, it better be on the big screen!

I hope so! I was disapointed that Secret of Kells (already nominated for an Oscar by the time it was released in the States) was only on a few selected screens. I didn’t feel like driving all the way to San Francisco to see it. :neutral_face:

Looks good! I’d definitly want to be seeing this in english myself.

I didn’t understand a word in the trailer, but I am interested! :smiley:

There is a subbed trailer on youtube. That helped understand what was being said.

Do you have a link?

Here you go
youtube.com/watch?v=pfothnneCFs

Thank you! Knowing what they’re saying makes me even more interested.

I can’t wait for this! Anyone know if there are plans to localize it? It captured my interest from the first time I saw concept art a while ago on Tumblr, shared by Aerostarmonk. I too have been impressed with European animated movies lately, it looks great!

I have heard of a US release soon after the french.
They do have some english voices set up and I’ve heard rumours that Sean Lenon will voice the monster.

I don’t know where the sudden Internet-wide obsession with this came from, but it looks really good. I love the lighting.

It appears that the English version of A Monster In Paris will be released in Ireland and the UK in January 2012:

imdb.com/title/tt0961097/releaseinfo

English trailer here:

cartoonbrew.com/cgi/a-monste … ailer.html

Thanks for the links! I wasn’t crazy about the English trailer, the French one was way better in my opinion.

The english trailer makes it look like a joke! I was’nt to impressed with it.
The main song, La Seine, is now in full english. Sean does pretty good singing in place of -M-

A Monster in Paris will be getting a US home video release! I love Shout Factory! :smiley:

animatedviews.com/2013/from-pari … y-arrives/

Thank you for the update Outsider! I hope that I get a chance to rent this!

Magic! snort snort

Wow, this looks so surreal and delightful all at once! And it’s set in Paris, which we all know is the city of war- I mean, love. Gotta look this up. :slight_smile:

Oh, good! I still haven’t gotten to watch this.