Pixar Planet

Hotel Transylvania (2012)

Do you enjoy animation or are you in the business? Come here to talk about everything else in the animated world.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Hotel Transylvania (2012)

Postby Movielover98 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:13 pm

JustSteve wrote:It's tempting to suggest that this more fleshed-out trailer is an improvement...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/ ... ler-316636

...but there is that toilet humor. Oh, well...

Its just one joke. Im sure that the rest of the movie will be better than that. Other than that, i think it looks pretty good. :)
Movielover98
Shark Bait

Postby Bryko614 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:22 pm

I love the way they're incorporating a very solid, bold style of movement in this. It's very reminiscent of Tartakovsky's shows; limited animation, but big poses. It's a bit like what Meatballs leaned towards, and I like it here. Not sure about the story or jokes yet, but it has potential.
Bryko614
Upcoming Pixar • Chief Writer

Postby JustSteve » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:33 pm

Agreed, the style looks very good. Based on various unsubstantiated comments over at the TAG Blog, it could be that Adam Sandler has influenced the film's approach. We'll have to see how much Tartakovsky and how much Sandler informs the end result. Looking forward to it, willing to give it a fair shake...
JustSteve
Garbage Boy

Postby lennonluvr9 » Sat May 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Sounds kinda interesting, mainly because I'm interested how Genndy would do.
~Celeste~
"You would not believe what I've been through tonight!"

"That's what comes of teaching science by television" -Prof. Foot, Help!
lennonluvr9
Master Scarer

New Trailer Is Up!

Postby PadawanLinea » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:26 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGpioW_XlKY

This looks like a LOT of fun! And pretty funny as well! It'll probably be the only Adam Sandler movie I can enjoy.
"It's fun to do the impossible."---Walt Disney
"Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last you create what you will."---George Bernard Shaw
"Art is a leap of the imagination. Tradition is the platform on which it stands."
"Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever."
PadawanLinea
Shark Bait

Postby Spirit of Adventure » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:57 pm

Admittedly, this could be a good film.

This trailer bought me.
Spirit of Adventure
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Ballboi » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:20 pm

This trailer is far superior to the rather quick and disappointing first trailer we got. I'm still not that crazy about the star stubbed cast, but I'm kind of looking forward to this film now. The story seems alright for the most part, but I hope they pull off this "child wants to leave from their protective parent" type plot.
Ballboi
Piston Cup Champion

Postby JustSteve » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:30 am

The new HT trailer played before Brave, and it's definitely looking more and more like a movie worth waiting for. Some concerns about the Tartakovsky/Sandler balance remain, but it looks like things are in good shape with the Sony crew. It was good to have a look/listen at Mavis, as she's rather important to the proceedings. Looking forward to it!
JustSteve
Garbage Boy

Postby Amy43 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:38 am

I saw the preview for this. Since it has Steve Buscemi, I'll watch it for sure.

But, I'm a little disappointed about something.

As soon as I saw the young guy come in, I can predict a mile away that he'll end up with the daughter. Oh brother. :roll:
ImageImage

My favorite Pixar characters are Randall, Gill, and Francesco! My avatar is Leonard from North by Northwest.
Amy43
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby bright dot-dasher » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:03 pm

I'm actually really excited for this. I love vampire/monster spoofs! "And if a human tries to harm you, I'll tell him- *roars with monstrous face* "...because you're daddy's girl." Haha, what a dad.
This looks like a fun movie. The human guy seems annoying though. I guess that's the point- it's from the dad's point of view, isn't it? :?
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby little_chef_eva09 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:39 pm

This actually looks super cute, and I'm not even a big fan of "monster/Halloweeney" movies in general. :P I saw the trailer for the first time when I went to see Brave with someone I met on twitter, and she said she wants to take me to see Hotel Transylvania when it comes out. I'm more than willing to give it a watch!

I think it will be engaging and fun. I'm not expecting super deep, emotional themes or anything, but I like that there is an established father-daughter relationship being shown here. I don't think we see that enough in animated films.

Amy: I think that's the point, though! The daughter wants to be with this guy, but he's a human, so obviously her dad flips out and is like nnnooOOOOO can't date him!!! And from what I've seen of the trailer, it's a bunch of his attempts to get rid of the boy and keep him away from his daughter because he knows they're ~in love~. Unless I read into it wrong. I don't know. :lol:

I don't think I have to "spoiler" any of that because it was already in the trailer. ;o;

little chef
// Find me on: deviantART // Twitter // Tumblr //
little_chef_eva09
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Leirin » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:29 pm

I liked that trailer quite a bit. Tartakovsky is highly talented and the characters designs have a fun look to them. The plot seems like it will be predictable, but it seems like a fun movie with a nice aesthetic at least! And yesss, Steve Buscemi! :D
"Is it all gonna be this interactive?"
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby Amy43 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:15 pm

little_chef_eva09 wrote:Amy: I think that's the point, though! The daughter wants to be with this guy, but he's a human, so obviously her dad flips out and is like nnnooOOOOO can't date him!!! And from what I've seen of the trailer, it's a bunch of his attempts to get rid of the boy and keep him away from his daughter because he knows they're ~in love~. Unless I read into it wrong. I don't know. :lol:

I don't think I have to "spoiler" any of that because it was already in the trailer. ;o;

little chef

Maybe they will fall in love early on, and most of the movie will be about her father's reactions and getting to know the boy and accepting him. If so, then it won't bother me.
ImageImage

My favorite Pixar characters are Randall, Gill, and Francesco! My avatar is Leonard from North by Northwest.
Amy43
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby JustSteve » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:58 am

Here's a musical clip that shows more of the movie and characters (maybe a little too much?). Anyway, the character designs look better with every peek offered...love that Mummy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4twi0cjflD4
JustSteve
Garbage Boy

Postby Bryko614 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:23 pm

If this ends with a dance scene (and judging by the number of random dance shots in that video, it probably will) I'm gonna be pissed.
Bryko614
Upcoming Pixar • Chief Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Other Animation