Pixar Planet

Anime/Manga

Do you enjoy animation or are you in the business? Come here to talk about everything else in the animated world.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Anime/Manga

Postby definedancing » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:26 am

My first anime was Pokemon I think. Possibly Beyblade, Digimon or Sailor Moon, they all merge into one when you're a kid 8D
I really like Deathnote and Fruits Basket :)
In terms of films, I love My Neighbour Totoro, Only Yesterday, Ponyo, Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies and Kiki's Delivery Service.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
definedancing
Master Scarer

Postby Pixarfan91 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:01 pm

I think every guy when they were little who likes ani e secretly liked Sailor Moon.
But what if Andy gets another dinosaur? A mean one? I just don't think I can take that kind of rejection. Im a OFFICIAL PIXARTEER Image Image
Pixarfan91
Super Hero

Postby nanbane » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:13 am

It is a interesting sharing.....
nanbane

Postby Leirin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:33 am

I got both volumes of Tezuka's Princess Knight (also known as Ribbon Knight) which has been around since the 50's but never officially localized in English until recent. It's really brilliant, the art is fantastic and the characters are all very likable.

Meanwhile, I'm still chugging along with Black Jack. I'm on volume 6 so far (I'm pretty sure there's around 17!). For those interested, it's an episodic series about a dark-spirited unlicensed surgeon, who can supposedly cure anything but he charges his patients ridiculous amounts of money. If you're easily made squeamish some of the surgical scenes may be turn-offs but the fact that it's in black and white keeps anything from ever looking nasty. (It's rarely graphically bloody, anyway.)
"Is it all gonna be this interactive?"
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby Pixarfan91 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:26 pm

Any animes you guys tihnk are overrated/underrated?

I think Naruto is overrated. I never got into it but I know it has a ton of fans. I never cared for the chatacters, story or anything else. It has always been overrated to me.

I think Case Closed is underrated. I liked the chacter and the episodes. Some mysterys are easy to solve and others are hard. Some of the murderers is someone you woulden't exspect. I heard it had low ratings when it was on adult swim. But it aired at like 1:00 AM! Of course the rating's were low. I wish they would give it another chance.
But what if Andy gets another dinosaur? A mean one? I just don't think I can take that kind of rejection. Im a OFFICIAL PIXARTEER Image Image
Pixarfan91
Super Hero

Postby Johnny_ Boy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:10 am

I think my first anime show was either Pokemon or Dragonball Z. I also watched Digimon, Zoids, One Piece, Hamtaro and Tenchi Muyo as a child as well. As for Naruto, I was hooked on it during sixth grade. Then I lost interest after the Sand Nation invasion, then sasuke turning evil sparked my interest again and after that I lost interest in it completely. But Naruto Shippuden is lookig pretty sweet so I think I'll watch that.
"What you see is what you get. Just a guy who loves adventure, I'm Sonic the Hedgehog!"
Johnny_ Boy
Garbage Boy

Postby Pixarfan91 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:29 am

Me and my friend Ryan also watched Sailor Moon.
Pixarfan91
Super Hero

Postby Johnny_ Boy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:35 am

^ Heh heh. I remember having a bit of a crush on Sailor Moon when I was little.
"What you see is what you get. Just a guy who loves adventure, I'm Sonic the Hedgehog!"
Johnny_ Boy
Garbage Boy

Postby Pixarfan91 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:46 am

I also remember Hamtaro. Used to air on Toonami back in 5th grade or so.
Pixarfan91
Super Hero

Postby Leirin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:24 am

Hamtaro was and is a fantastic show. :wink: I collected the toys and video games too. :)
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby Pixarfan91 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:48 am

It's kinda weird it aired on Toonami knowing how cutie it was. It aired on the same block as Dragonball Z.
Pixarfan91
Super Hero

Postby queen_of_painting » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:46 pm

I'm in the mood to watch some Ghibli movies. I was thinking... I'm not sure, actually. Most of them I haven't seen in a while.

Check out my artwork in the link below!

film · food · art · words
queen_of_painting
Master Scarer

Postby Leirin » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:56 pm

I've acquired the same urge just recently. I might be seeing Only Yesterday soon. I really wish Disney would dub and release it.
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby lazerenvy237 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:10 pm

^I dont get why they are avoiding it.Obviously due to the content and themes,but its not like it says DISNEY anywhere on the Ghibli DVD cases,so people probably wouldnt associate it with disney anyway.

also,this is slightly ironic
Spoiler: show
lazerenvy237
Toy Collector

Postby queen_of_painting » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Ahhh, I heard that the menstruation issue may be why Disney isn't releasing it, but that would just be dumb considering in My Neighbors the Yamadas there's
male frontal nudity in a child
and then Pom Poko, which... I shouldn't even have to say. 8D Oh, and I was curious to find out when the DVD came out, but indeed,
there's a certain private part on the cover that wasn't hidden.

Check out my artwork in the link below!

film · food · art · words
queen_of_painting
Master Scarer

PreviousNext

Return to Other Animation