Rio 2

It would seem that a Rio sequel is imminent according to basically everyone involved. This one is speculated to be set not long before the 2014 World Cup which will take place in Brazil.

I thought the first film was entertaining if overly predictable.

Let’s hope the sequel is just as fun if slightly less cliche.

Rejoice, Rio fans. Rejoice.

Doesn’t surprise me that a sequel is being made. If Blue Sky is doing it to support bigger projects at the studio, I’m all for it.

As long as it’s not rushed, I’ll see it.

I quite enjoyed Rio, maybe not enough to pay and see the sequel though.

I just hope it isn’t rushed since two years since two years seems pretty short for a film to be made.

Yeah, that is suspiciously short actually. Unless they planned a sequel before the film was released and were just waiting to be green lit, I don’t know how they’re gonna get it together in 2 years.

Exactly. I don’t think that release date will be final as I see them pushing it back a year or two.

I think it’ll get pushed back too. I’d rather see a film later that has had a lot of time taken on it, than a rushed job. I find it a little unnerving that DreamWorks have 2 or 3 films a year plus spinoffs; the schedules must be pretty tight.

Exactly. Its planned release right now would only make sense if the film was talked about at the studio shortly after its original came out.

I have a feeling this may go in the same way as ice age

Seems a little too early to determine that but I get what your trying to say.

I’m not very suprised about this. This is Blue Sky, and look what they’ve done with Ice Age.

I adored Rio, it was a great movie. And for that reason, I have high expectations for a sequel. After seeing Toy Story 2 and 3 and Kung Fu Panda 2, I have no doubt that sequels have possibilites of being better than their originals.

Very true. I hope Rio 2 is an improvement on the original film.

I’m looking forward to it because I love birds and I loved the first movie. I wonder what it will be about. Maybe their kids will do something.

That’d be pretty unoriginal though.

I suppose. Do you have an idea of what it could be about? Maybe there is some type of problem in the forest, like an environmental related one or something, and they have to stop it.

This could be a good thing.

Yep, I hope so!

I wonder what Blue Sky could possibly do with this. They might be doing it to support other projects at the studio. However, they usually use low production budgets for their movies.

The first movie was good. And the initial foundation for a sequel is always a good first movie. But, I wonder what the plot would be.