Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers

There is not a single animated film these days that is not given a sequel, unless it is made by Disney. (There is no talk of a Tangled 2 yet. Yes, there was a short, but that’s not a full movie.) Disney was once the biggest sequel producer ever, but those were direct-to-DVD sequels. So far the statement made that Little Mermaid III would be the last direct-to-DVD Disney sequel has proven to be true.

Other film companies don’t bring movies direct-to-DVD though. (Dreamworks did bring out a direct-to-DVD movie called “Furious Five” involving Kung Fu Panda characters, but they also have four other sequels besides the already released one in the works.)

So here we have Despicable Me 2, Rio 2, and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. There will be a Lorax 2, seeing its success.

Is this something actually in production? I don’t know how to feel about that. I’ve enjoyed most of the originals but I’m tired of seeing perfectly good movies get run into the ground like this. :confused:

Here’s the link: fusedfilm.com/2012/03/sony-p … leftovers/

It might be enjoyable.

Could be good. I loved the first one so I have high hopes for this.

The first one was too awesome! I saw it when I stayed at home while I was sick… and gosh, it was so cool! Awesome animation, witty dialogue and humour, and cool characters.

I’m skeptical about sequels, but I actually want to see this one.

I’m not completely opposed to the idea of a sequel to this. I’m just saying I wish we’d get more originals, because literally just about any successful animated movie from the last 5 years has gotten the sequel treatment or is about to.

I’d rather have an original movie in a similar style to the first, but I’m still fairly excited. I have a feeling it might not be as successful without Lord and Miller though.

Looks like the project got pushed back from December '13 to February '14.

I’d like to see it.

I have mixed emotions about this. On one hand, I LOVE the first movie and in general, I enjoy sequels. Guess we just have to see how it goes, overall I have faith in this.

Ï do too. I hope it works out.

Im actually really excited for this movie. The first one has to be one of my favorite movies ever! Yes, it probably wont be as good as the first, but i always thought of it as a movie that i would like to see more of and im glad that they are going to expand that universe. :slight_smile:

(Plus, there was a sequel to the original book, granted they arent using it as source material, but this way it makes sense to do a sequel.)

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

And here i was thinking they were completely happy with just 1. It is a sad sad day. Only time will tell if they can pull off a Toy Story 3 or if it will be a Shrek 4.

I wonder if Sony is going to franchise this.

I think that there’s only going to be 2, Because as i said before, the original book had a sequel so making a sequel movie makes perfect sense.

Makes sense. I guess they’ll stick with Open Season which was forgettable.

But if I’m informed correctly, this won’t have anything to do with the sequel book. In fact, the first film’s ending was completely different from the original.

Not really. Either way it’s building a new town in the wake of the food storm messing up the original. Even the credits had the whole “sandwich boats as new housing” thing.

I still need to see the first one. And I think that the title for the sequel is really lame.