Pixar Planet

Rest In Peace

Come here to talk about all the other stuff on your mind.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Michael Jackson (1958-2009)

Postby PixarVixen » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:08 pm

The King of Pop has passed away:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/michael-jackson-dead-20090626-cyjb.html

Despite all he went through during his last years, I will always think of Michael Jackson as one of the greatest musicians who ever lived.

Rest in peace, Michael Jackson.
PixarVixen
Forum Ambassador • MiC & Events Admin

Location: an apartment in Los Angeles trying to get a career in anima -- SQUIRREL!!!

Postby Dragon of Omnipotency » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:13 pm

We love him, we hate him. MJ definitely has created some of the best pop songs I've ever heard. That's of no doubt. He thrilled us with Thriller, he was smooth in Smooth Criminal and Moonwalker. He was probably like the Elvis of pop, but that just goes to show how dangerous a life these people led.

Rest in peace, King of Pop.

~ Flare, signing off to MJ
Advertisement of the moviepocalypse. LLGMs!
Dragon of Omnipotency
Toy Collector

Postby Bill » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:21 pm

You beat me to it, PV. Curse my computer issues.

Some people will probably not even care, but I have to admit, I feel somewhat sad. I mean, sure, he evidently screwed up his life in later years, but this is a sad day, and the second notable death today; Farrah Fawcett has also passed after her long battle with cancer.

R.I.P. Mr. Jackson. You will be missed.
Last edited by Bill on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Hannahmation » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:39 pm

I always enjoyed his music. Despite how messed up his life got, his death is still sad news to get. RIP Michael Jackson. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Hannahmation
Supah Genius In-Training

Postby FounderofAzn » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:01 am

Funny how a day seems normal, and then something absolutely shocking happens.

Rest in peace, Mr.Jackson.
I am Andrew Ryan and I am here to ask you a question: Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
FounderofAzn
Toy Collector

Postby The Star Swordsman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:07 am

Right after I got out of the movie theatre, I turned on the car radio and a whole bunch of MJ songs were playing. I thought something special happened like his birthday or something, but then ten minutes later, I heard about the terrible tragedy.

I wasn't a big fan, but I loved his music. I adored his work in the Jackson Five and was amused with his single work. I doubt there will be anyone else like him. Love him or hate him, you've gotta honor the King of Pop.

Rest in peace MJ. From when fans adored you with ABC, I'll Be There, and I Want you Back, to when fans Idolized you from Thriller, Man In the Mirror, Smooth Criminal, and Beat It, you will be missed.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby TAMATER » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:28 am

R.I.P. Michael Jackson. You brought us the best pop songs of all time, and the world's best selling album. You'll be surely missed.
My name's Mater. Like Tamater. Without the Ta'!
TAMATER
Toy Collector

Postby wannabechef91 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:28 am

R.I.P MJ. I dunno how many times I cried this week. This is absolutely shocking to me. I just woke up from sleep, turn the TV on, MJ's Billie Jean playing.
I switched the channel to channel; I've been struck by lightning. My one of most favorite artists died, when I'm asleep. I'm taken aback deeply. It's hard to accept the fact that he's...gone...

We're gonna miss you MJ. We're gonna miss your moonwalk your Smooth Criminal and beatin' pumpin' groovin' Beat It.

We ♥ u, MJ.

T_T
HARDCORE AWESOMENESS.
wannabechef91
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Sky » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:16 am

Woah, what a way to wake up...

This is so unexpected and a reminder of how fragile life is. I watched the morning shows which is all they were practically covering, along with the death of Farrah Fawcett. It got a bit depressing after a while so I had to turn it off. MJ is one of the few non-orchestrated artists I can listen to. My favourite songs of his are "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough", "Thriller" and "Earth Song". It seems that no matter what age you are, people know who he is. Few artists reach such success and generational reach such as he did. I still remember when I was little and he released the song "Bad", and watching the mesmorising music video for "Black or White", where the faces morph from one ethnicity to the next, which was kind of ironic seeing as that's what happened with his own face. Having said that, I hope he'll be remembered for his impact on music rather than eccentricities.

RIP King of Pop, Michael Jackson. :-(
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby wannabechef91 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:22 am

MJ Tribute: The Way You Make Me Feel to all members of this forum. :(
HARDCORE AWESOMENESS.
wannabechef91
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby TS2 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:25 am

R.I.P you thrillin' guy.
WELCOME TO THE ANIMATION GRAVEYARD. PAY YOUR RESPECTS!!!
TS2
Toy Collector

Postby annarborjack » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:30 am

For a music fan, this is really upsetting for me. :(
RIP Micheal Jackson
Gone, but not forgotten.
annarborjack
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby 1986 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:31 am

My family was watching our cat do something stupid outside, so I was the only one watching the news when they announced it. It was kind of a shock and I was just like "Michael Jackson?! THAT Michael Jackson?!" and I ran to tell them (they didn't really care).
Toy Story 3: greatest movie of the year.
Garbage Boy

Postby SpicySalsa » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:46 am

It's horrible! I almost cried! D; No matter what awful things people would say about him, he's still amazing. D; And his music is incredible, too.

R.I.P. MJ
SpicySalsa
Ant

Postby Mark-E » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:04 am

This didn't really hit home until I saw Jermaine Jackson at a press conference talking about it. And that was extremely sad to watch.

Given the eccentricity of his life, none of what I was watching seemed real to begin with; part of me thought it was just going to be some sort of hoax but it soon became apparent that he was actually dead. It's a real shame too, regardless of his shady past, he did make some great music. And I was fortunate enough to see him in concert back in the 90s, but it's a real shock to think that someone like him is actually dead.

It's very much the musical icon of our time passing away, it's not different to someone like Elvis. It' really is a shame, I was always quite a big fan of his work.

No doubt the media will blow this out of proportion, I'd like to think they could just let him rest now. But that doesn't seem to be the way the world works anymore.

Rest In Peace.
Mark-E
Garbage Boy

Next

Return to Off-Topic