Pixar Planet

Coding vs Programming for Beginners: What is the Distinction

Come here to talk about all the other stuff on your mind.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Coding vs Programming for Beginners: What is the Distinction

Postby edwardbailey » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:12 am

“Coding” and “Programming” are the two most important approaches in Software Development Industries. Coding is basically the process of creating codes from one language to another one. It can also be called as a subset of Programming since it actually implements the initial steps of Programming. It involves writing codes in different languages as instructed. Programming is the process of developing an executable machine level program that can be implemented without any error. It is the process of formally writing codes so that the human inputs and corresponding machine outputs remain in sync.

Coding vs programming - are those the same thing? While generally the terms are used as synonyms, there is an underlying difference between them. Find out more.
edwardbailey

Re: Coding vs Programming for Beginners: What is the Distinction

Postby SimonSmith » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:50 am

In fact, this difference is negligible. The qualifications and experience of programming in various industries is much more important. My boss decided not to look for programmers on his own but gave this direction to outsourcing. This pushed the project off the ground.
SimonSmith
Ant

Postby Sien » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:29 am

I think it was a timely decision, Simon. Although I have something to add to this. I always thought that the most important thing was control. Regular testing is an integral part of the job when it comes to program code. The best option is automatic testing like from the company DeviQA. It really shows the real state of things.
Sien
Ant

Postby Kadeoha » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:56 pm

These terms are confused continuously! When at the university, this question was one of the lists of 70 sociology research topics. Now, of course, help https://edubirdie.com/blog/70-sociology-research-topics is no longer required, but as far as I remember, coding is like a draft, while programming involves more extensive program creation.
Kadeoha

Postby annajohnsn » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:51 am

This discussion is really informative. Actually, I imagined coding and programming are the same. But I understand that it is not the same through this discussion started by Edward Bailey best slip and fall attorneys near me . Every point is explained very clearly with enough examples.
annajohnsn
Ant

Postby JustinJacob » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:57 am

Thanks for the information about the difference between coding and programming. I got their difference only now. I thought that both are same. Thanks for clearing my doubt. Most of the people think that coding and programming are the same. hostsailor This post will help them to understand the difference between them.
JustinJacob

Return to Off-Topic