Video Games

Anyone notice the video game thread is gone? :laughing:
Yay! I get to review it! :laughing:
The name of the game is…well…games yeah ^0^ Favorites, looking forward-tos, reviews, what have you ^^ Guess I’ll start ^^

Lets see…I’m looking forward to complete my new Spyro Trilogy with Dawn of the Dragon :slight_smile: Reviews say it’s not overly too good, but I’m giving it a shot no matter what :unamused: That and I owe to Spyro boy and he wants a copy too ^0^

OH! And news for Kingdom Hearts fans if I didn’t mention it before, but FINALLY Japan is giving us Re: Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, the ps2 version of the GBA game ^^ Yes the callers of Final Mixs, heal your wounds with this new version! And as a tip of the hat to our patience, it is coming out in Dec. 2nd and is suggestibly going to be for a fair $30 ^^

Favorite Wii Games: Madden 08, Super Smash Brawl, Mario Party 8, Wii Sports, Legend of Zelda: Shadow Princess

Wii was the first new system I got. I wasn’t that into it until I started playing the Legend of Zelda game. I thought it was really neat how one could wield weapons like you are really holding them. Anyways, the next game I got into was Madden 08, especially the online part. I played it so much and I was so good, i ranked among the top ten in Madden 08 in the whole world. Finally, Brawl, the game that changed everything about the wii. I am an okay player, but my best characters (guys that I am undefeated with) are Mario, Marth, and Metaknight.

Favorite X-Box games: Madden 06-07, The Incredibles, THe Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer, ad NBA Live.

As a TI fan, I loved playing the Incredibles games. THe Rise of the Underminer Game was really fun to play with my twin brother via co-op.

Favorite PS3 games: Mdden 09 ad NBA 2k9

I play onlin on Madden and I admit to be pretty good. I play NBA 2k9 with my little brother and it is always a competition.

My favorite video games ever are the Guitar Hero games and Bully. Bully is fun because when I get mad at school, I take out Bully and just mess around with students and teachers. Also, I’m really good at Guitar Hero. I’ve never met anyone who could beat me!

My favorite games are the Final Fantasy games and Kingdom Hearts games. I can’t imagine a life without them. Last month I got Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission which is only available in Japan. The fun thing is that I only spent 6,50€ for that (and it works perfectly). But at first I want to beat Kingdom Hearts II again, Final Fantasy X-2 (english) and Final Fantasy VII.

I also like The Legend of Zelda, even though I have just one game (Phantom Hourglass). But I’m going to buy the Wii in January and so I will buy Twilight Princess some time.

Other games I enjoy are:

Harvest Moon
SingStar (even though I have only two)

Well, that’s pretty much it for now.

The Spyro Series Has Been Wrecked. Only The First 3 (Made By Insominac Were Any Good :frowning:)

It’s true. They’ve just wrecked the story, completely changed him ;_;

Ratchet and clank = Awesomeness

Edited for shouting. – Mitch

A lot of American series have gotten worse recently, namely Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. Ask my sister; she can go on and on about that.

But for, me, I prefer RPGs. Final Fantasy is excellent, but recently I’ve been playing the Mother series. I just finished playing Mother 3. Brilliant game.

For those who never heard of it, it’s the series where Ness and Lucas from Brawl are from. Only Mother 2 was released outside of Japan under the name Earthbound. It really deviates from the video game norm as it focuses a lot more on story, characters, and little quirks that you pick up from exploring. It’s really difficult to describe without showing gameplay.

If anyone on Pixar Planet ever heard of this underrated series, it would be a near-miracle.

But anyway, on well-know games, Kingdom Hearts was interesting, but the sequel didn’t do as a good job as I expected. There was so much to go off on from the first game, but then they had to add in Organization XIII whose members were killed off with minimal plot relevance, the Disney worlds seemed to be added just because they had to, and the gameplay was basically button mashing.

a near miracle has happened. I remeber reading the title soemwhere, when lookig for another game.

I feel a bit sad for those sports games :lol: Everytime I walk into a discount store or a goodwill, a large majority of the games are sports ^0^

If some new KH players need assistance, drop me a line on this thread and I’ll give some stradegy from the KH master.

To mutanthairything: Have you PLAYED Chain of Memories? :-\

shrugs I personally don’t think the Spyro franchise has gone down. Spyro had his shine time in the PS age of course, but I don’t think the new trilogy, and the upcoming movie, so much contradict that. Sure, the first two had nearly the same mechanics :roll: Hence why I’m looking more forward to the last one to wrap it up in a good package.
But no matter what, I will always consider Spyro that cute stunted growth dragon 8D

My favorite games are pretty much all the ones I play. :laughing: But … I’ll list them anyway, in no particular order.

• Kingdom Hearts
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Legend of Zelda (Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask only )
  • Bully (looove punching teachers xD)
  • Jurassic Park Dino Genesis (one scratch killed it. :frowning: )
  • Haunting Ground

I left Sims out of it - I play them on the PS2 only when I’m in a customizing mood. :stuck_out_tongue:

A game that I have always wanted to play is Kingdom Hearts. I have heard so many amazing things about it.

Oh nuts, Nexas! Ya beat me to it, I was wondering why nobody thought of a video games thread too! :smiley:

Anyway, I’m a huge fan of racing/driving games (not that I’m a great driver in the games or in real-life :stuck_out_tongue:). I’m a very aggressive player, so I always wipe out in those simulation games like Forza and Gran Turismo (of which I’ve only played the demos. I aim to improve my skills though, if I’m to call myself a racing/driving expert).

I’m more into arcade like the Need for Speed franchise, the Driver trilogy (if you don’t count the spin-off that was Parallel Lines), Burnout Revenge and various others like Test Drive 6, Destruction Derby Raw and World’s Scariest Police Chases (all for PS). And yes, I take out my daily frustrations by destroying the scenery or racing ‘dirty’. :smiling_imp:

I also like sandbox-style games like GTA 3 and Mafia. Both have amazing plots and characters that you care about, not to mention the free-roaming aspect.

I also love FPS games like Counter Strike, SWAT 4, Time Crisis and Far Cry.

I don’t mind a little RTS like Red Alert, Command and Conquer or Age of Empires, but I suck at it compared to my bro.

I never understood the appeal of turn-based strategy like Final Fantasy and Lost Odyssey. It’s like: “Here, let me take a swing at you. Now it’s your turn to hit me! I’ll just stand here and wait my turn…” :laughing: What happened to real-time?

To those who mentioned Crash Bandicoot, the only game I completed was Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. That game was the bomb, I could pick it up and play it again anytime, and it’s sooo funny with its twisted bent on history! :slight_smile: I’m struggling to complete the first Crash that started it all (but it’s freakin’ brutal with its stupid checkpoint system, they only give you a save point every three levels, so if you fail the last level, you backtrack 1-2 levels! :angry:). And the copy of the second one (Wrath of Cortex) I’ve got has a glitch whereupon Crash freezes on one level, so I can’t continue! I’ve also got Crash Bash and Crash Tag Team Racing, which is fun to play multi-player. I don’t mind Crash’s redesign, but I hope Titans lives up to the classic trilogy after so many mediocre spin-offs and sequels.

Finally, as for Pixar games, I’ve started on Cars and its sequel, Mater-National for PC, and I’ve pestered my bro to get Wall-E the game for his PSP, but if he doesn’t want to, I think I’ll get the PC version instead.

My gaming platforms are a PSOne (the slim one. Hooray for retro!), an Xbox 360, an old Dell desktop back in Singapore and the MacBookPro I’m typing on now. Hoping to get my own PSP…eventually…

Games I’m hoping to try next are Need for Speed Undercover, Burnout Paradise, Bioshock, Far Cry 2, John Woo’s Stranglehold, G.T.A. 4 and Test Drive Unlimited.

:smiley:

I love videogames ; on practically every other website that I’m a member of my name is Games5522, I just changed it because it didn’t really fit in here at all.

I enjoy playing FPSes, RTSes, platformers and random simulator games.

Currently I’m playing COD4 and WALL•E PC. I’m trying to get 100% completion but there’s a certain playground level where you have to destroy some certain boxes and I can get almost all of them except one…

We just got a new TV, so I’m playing games on my PS3 in all their HD glory. :sunglasses:

Right now, on the PS3, these are the games I have-
-Assassin’s Creed (uncompleted)
-Grand Theft Auto 4 (uncompleted)
-Motorstorm (uncompleted)
-Oblivion (uncompleted)
-Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction (complete)
-Heavenly Sword (uncompleted)
-Virtua Tennis 3 (complete)
-Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune (haven’t even started this one yet, though I’ve had it for months!)

My favourite genre of games is sort of fantasy platformer type things, but it all really depends on the game itself. And my favourite series of games of all time are the Rayman games (discluding that Raving Rabbids rubbish). Rayman is just amazing- I loved the original, older ones where he spoke French. ‘Yay! Raymon!’, he used to say. :laughing:

GTA 4 you mean :wink:

Civ-4
Madden 07
MVP Baseball-2005
Backyard Sports
Wii-Sports, Play, 2K8, Walle

some of my favs…

Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy
New Super Mario Bros.

I also really want Wii Music, Paper Mario and Paper Mario:TTYD.

lol.

Half life series, GMOD, PORTALZZZ areo good.

Yes, I’ve beaten both storylines. It was a really good game maybe the gameplay got a little repetitous, but that didn’t matter too much). It’s jsut that there was so much buildup from this game and KH and KH2 didn’t resolve it too well. I mean, in Chain of Memories, the Orginization was a lot more serious and it seemed that they would be a cool plot twist to the storyline, but in KH2, all they did was be the new villians while claiming that they were in the middle. :confused:

Some tings don’t really connect with the orginal game. I mean, the worlds were supposed to be blocked off from each other because of the heartless, and now, all you have to do is find a random object that only reacts if you’ve seen certain cutscenes.

The story just didn’t meet my expectations after Chain of Memories.

Oh weee!!! Video Games!!! Hahahahaha
Here are my favorite games:

PS2:
beatmania IIDX(It’s a Japanese Game)
Most of my games are Dance Dance Revolution(Japanese Version, not the crappy USA Version)
Resident Evil 4
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Tekken 5
Soul Calibur 3
Burnout: REVENGE
Marvel VS.Capcom 2

PC:
The Sims 2
Diner Dash
Gunbound(online game)
Stepmania(Dance Dance Revolution Simulation Game)

ARCADE:
beatmania IIDX
Dance Dance Revolution
Dance Maniax
ParaParaParadise
beatmania
Mario Kart 2
Daytona USA
Ace Driver: Victory Lap
Crazy Taxi
Time Crisis 2, 3, 4
GuitarFreaks and Drummania
Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3
Race On!

Hehehehehe I’m an avid gamer. =)

Original Crash Bandicoot series (3 of them), Metal Slug series, Guitar Hero, FPS games (i.e. Call Of Duty series, Portal, etc.)

Well, there should be more but I cannot think of them now…