Pixar Planet

Do you plan to write a book someday?

Come here to talk about all the other stuff on your mind.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Writing a book?

I'm planning to.
31%
Yes.
44%
No.
25%

Total votes : 48

Postby MONS†ER » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:07 am

i always seem to have an idea of a book that i really would love to write, but the next day, i get inspired and change my idea entirely. my current idea (still a work in progress) is about the positives and negatives in life and how it influences a kid.

the thing with getting published is that theres a bunch of rules and things you have to do before even sending a purposal for a book. plus theres a bunch of competition as most publishers publish a handful of books a year.
MONS†ER
Mutant Toy

Postby Tyler1995 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:30 am

Where is the "MAYBE" option?
Tyler1995
Garbage Boy

Postby nett1k » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:08 am

I've more or less always had a story in my head. Granted, many of them were ripoffs of things I believed were cool at the time. ("Star Wars! Finding Nemo! Mixed with zombie movies! ...And this makes no sense...") But yeah, after ages, I managed to scrounge up some characters of my own, and now I'm dead-set on writing an illustrated novel. (I'm too attached to drawing to do an all-written novel, and I love my writing too much to do an all-graphic novel.)
nett1k
Ant

Postby mentalguru » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:47 pm

I'm awful, I have like three different world settings I've created but only one of them has half a plot to go with it at all. The rest... no.

Writing is something I enjoy, but I think I have more of a bizarre imagination than any real talent at it. But I'm trying to get better.
The one whose every other post should probably more or less end with 'TL: DR'.

Haven't been here in a while. Hi!
mentalguru
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Buzz&Woodyforever » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:15 pm

Yes. I've actually already started writing stories. I'm working on one now where it takes place five years in the future and there is a war going on between vampires and humans. I'm the main character. I stink at creating original characters! My stories look like movie scripts though.
Last edited by Buzz&Woodyforever on Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzz&Woodyforever
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Badger » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:36 am

Indeed I do! :lol:

I've been writing down stories ever since I was ten years old. My first story, about a skunk who escapes into the forest, was somewhat bad and poorly written. In between that project I often wrote short stories and fan fiction, mostly to practice my English.

Currently, I'm writing a story: 'Thylacine' (working title) which is about a group of endangered animals who go on a journey to find the Tasmanian Wolf to save the zoo in which they live. I plan to publish it in Dutch some day. Oh, and I have a lot of other stories, but I currently don't have any idea how to continue them.

My art however, has already been in one book as of now, the book is a cooking book called 'koken is een eitje' (it's Dutch) along with art from people from my school. I guess I have to start somewhere. xD

And, I'm planning to write a graphic novel. Still have a long way to go, but I'm continuously developing the characters and the way they're drawn.
Badger
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby skunklover » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:57 pm

I like making up stories, I just don't write them down much. But lately I've been having some really good ideas so I've started writing them down. One is about two golden retrievers. (I will not say more because I don't want the story to be stolen) And I'm thinking about writing one about unicorns. I've written miniature stories that might make great kid's books someday. There was one story I was writing that I ended up not doing because it was turning out really weird. It didn't have a title and I had two basic plots in mind and couldn't decide which one I wanted. So it ended up being a huge mess and the story wasn't very appealing, so I put it away. I never want to do that again. So this next one, hopefully, will turn out good; I've got it planned out better.
skunklover
Toy Collector

Postby Buzz&Woodyforever » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:32 am

Buzz&Woodyforever wrote:Yes. I've actually already started writing stories. I'm working on one now where it takes place five years in the future and there is a war going on between vampires and humans. I'm the main character. I stink at creating original characters! My stories look like movie scripts though.

Oh, I'm thinking about posting this in the fanfic section when I'm done with it. And before you ask, it has absolutely nothing to do with Twilight (although, I do like it).
Buzz&Woodyforever
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Dian-E » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:32 pm

Yes!I do! I've been and avid reader and writer eversince I could remember! Infact, the inspiration to my writing in fanfic is Nicholas Sparks so I like to be like him....but as A girl. :D :D I have good grades in English because it's my best subject and I have a GPA of 93 :)

You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince....
Dian-E

Postby IncredigirlVirginia » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:51 am

If I wrote a book, it probably wouldn't be very good. :P
Last edited by IncredigirlVirginia on Wed May 11, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No more let life divide what death can join together.
IncredigirlVirginia
Super Hero

Postby DNs24voices » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:58 am

Last edited by DNs24voices on Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DNs24voices
Mutant Toy

Re: Do you plan to write a book someday?

Postby Guitarlynn53 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:20 am

I plan on writing 6 books

follow me on twitter @Guitar_Viking :)

I'm just a guitar playing viking
Guitarlynn53
Garbage Boy

Postby somethingguy912 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:03 am

Currently in the Present, I have four stories all correllated to each other by a novel series, 2 of them I have finished, and 2 that I will work on when I decide that enough time has been spent for Japan's sake. I have the two finished stories on my DeviantArt account, but I have had no huge appraisal over it or any kind of critique that I could really work upon the next two works. I just hope that someday, i could get these four stories published and I could use the money to get my family out of this lower-middle class society were living in and also to help the less well-off people, like Japan at this point.
somethingguy912
Master Scarer

Postby Lover_of_Fiction » Thu May 12, 2011 11:07 pm

I plan to write many, many books. And like Pixar, there will be allusions in all my books to the other book I will write. However, unlike Pixar, I am a single writer instead of a movie company and thus I can put allusions to books that won't come out for years in the first few books I publish.

And because of Pixar, I love toys a lot, so there will be a story about a guy who mends broken toys just by touching them. He will be one of the guys with "lame-o super powers," such as the guy who can turn himself invisible but only at night when there is no light anywhere near him, and the girl who cures paranoia by kissing people.

I'm also writing a story inspired by Pixar's cars, but completely different. For one thing, there'd be no racing...and there will be humans in the story, and the humans take baseball bats and shoot arrows to damage the cars because they fear them, and there will be a masochist car who lets female humans smash his windows.
Lover_of_Fiction
Garbage Boy

Postby Spirit of Adventure » Fri May 13, 2011 12:32 am

I've written for years, but these days I'm more focussed on my film career, so most of what I write ends up there.
Spirit of Adventure
Pixar Planet Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic