Pixar Planet

things that freaked you out as a kid

Come here to talk about all the other stuff on your mind.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby bright dot-dasher » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:50 am

And the first half of the Pink Elephant scene from Dumbo. For some reason, those bubblegumlike elephants gave me the creeps...
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby Captain Pan » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:19 am

Now this has made me ponder... and I dont do that often... But there are a few

Ghostbusters: Dana's Appartment when the Terrordogs (Think That's what their called) breaks up through the Chair and Weaver goes screamng into the light sat in the chair

Ghostbusters 2: When Egon, Ray and Winston are going through the Train Tunnel and the heads on Spikes appear... To this day it still gives me the creeps.

When Ianosh (The Gallery Curator) Knabs Oscar from the Appartment Ledge, after Peter and Dana's date.

I think its the general look of the Scenes here that do that for me... But it could also be the rapid and surprising moments that they appear in.

thedriveintheatre Watch Toy Story, and seeing Sid's toys appear in their deformed way scared me silly as a child, and for the same reason as you put, I always felt like Woody looked and felt during those times...

Only the short few I could actually think of at this present moment... But I am positive the are more hidden deep in my subconscious!
Captain Pan
Garbage Boy

p

Postby mo » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:17 am

This is kind of ridiculous, but I'm scared that I'm going to go insane and do something stupid that will ruin my life and all of my hard work will be useless.
Tumblr is where I spend most of my online time these days
mo
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby little_chef_eva09 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:47 pm

When I was little, I used to be terrified of the Zelda games - especially Majora's Mask. My friend used to play it every time I went over to his house, and I hated it. Even now, the games still give me the willies. :lol:

I'm also scared of big, mean-looking dogs to some degree. That probably stems from the time my friend got bit by a dog on her street a long time ago, and I remember her showing me the huge scar on her back. What was scary about it was they didn't know if the dog had rabies or not.

I'm scared of getting old. Honestly. I see so many old people that just seem to stay home all the time with no job, no money, and even a long-since deceased spouse. :-( I just can't imagine not doing anything; like, not having anything to do like work or go places. And I'm scared of getting sick and having to go on medicare and paying all these medical bills.... I dunno. With all of this said, I mean no offense towards them. It's just a scary thought to me.

mo: I don't think you need to worry about that too much. The only way you'd probably go insane is if you like, did drugs all the time and fried your brain or something; or got in a horrible accident that would cause brain damage. (That actually happened to my grandfather, but he didn't go insane. :P To this day, though, he's doing much better.)

little chef
// Find me on: deviantART // Twitter // Tumblr //
little_chef_eva09
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby BigDaddyCool » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:35 am

One word....

Bees

I have a thing about....

Bees
BIGDADDY COOL IS YA HOOKUP...HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME!!!!!

Hey, I think I would look good in NASCAR!!!
BigDaddyCool
Ant

Postby The Star Swordsman » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:52 am

BDC: Awww, bees only scare me when they get too close. Otherwise, they are fascinating creatures.
The Star Swordsman

Postby nightwheel » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:35 am

Hollywood's version of Godzilla. It was't the movie that scared me. It was the dreams I had afterwards that did.

Hights, do i need to explain why?

Being left alone by my self

Fear of Poison Ivy

don't know any more at the moment.
Will have to come up with a new signature. Stargate Worlds was canceled a long time ago.
nightwheel
Toy Collector

Postby Bryko614 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:58 pm

Mark-E wrote:From what I can remember I was a fairly uneasy child and found myself creeped out by things that had no right creeping me out.

Two things in particular stick out...

The first was from an old disney sing along video that took place at the haunted mansion, rather embarrassingly. Here is a video

(it's not creepy at all, by the way) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Nbc8iNbY4

The second was an old Warner Bros cartoon called "Hollywood steps out" I generally found it too unsettling as a child to even make it all the way through. Again, nowadays it doesn't seem so bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOKsb07rgms
Thanks for that flashback...
Bryko614
Upcoming Pixar • Chief Writer

Postby Mitch » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:20 pm

red - I always connected the concept of old age with wisdom and knowledge... and an extended mental dictionary, so I've never really been perturbed by the idea of living past the age of 100 or so. As far as you're concerned, I don't think that you have anything to worry about. You've got a bright mind; you're smart. As long as you keep your body healthy, and invest in various activities that you can fall back on, I'm sure you'll be fine. Perhaps you'll feel better after watching Up. ;)

To second Bryko614's comment:

Mark-E wrote:The first was from an old disney sing along video that took place at the haunted mansion, rather embarrassingly. Here is a video

(it's not creepy at all, by the way) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Nbc8iNbY4

Oh my gosh, you had that video, too?! Holy smokes. Well, I guess you're not the only one that was freaked out by that particular song. My sister and I always used to skip past it when we were kids. :P

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby CMB » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:46 am

Spiders..... and they still do freak me out! lol
Image.
CMB
Toy Collector

Postby wannabechef91 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:15 am

Blood....I hate blood...

I'm a haemophobia Type 3. Which is the serious one, everytime I see blood, I'll pass out.

GULP!
HARDCORE AWESOMENESS.
wannabechef91
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby CMB » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:05 am

^ Thats not good! lol blood makes me nauseous too though. its gross. It just needs to stay inside the body and its all good lol
Image.
CMB
Toy Collector

Postby The Star Swordsman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:41 am

CMB wrote:Spiders..... and they still do freak me out! lol
Then you would hate to be in my place. Our garden is like a Holiday Inn for huge spiders. And my school has them crawling all over in the bushes.
The Star Swordsman

Postby wannabechef91 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:56 am

CMB wrote:^ Thats not good! lol blood makes me nauseous too though. its gross. It just needs to stay inside the body and its all good lol

Well, probably you're Type 1. :O
HARDCORE AWESOMENESS.
wannabechef91
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby bright dot-dasher » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:12 am

I remember being too scared to watch the part of Fantasia with Chernabog. I've never watched that part all the way through. And now I've trained myself to stand slightly darker animated films so I've got to see that part now.

I was also freaked about about Snow White and the Seven Dwarves when I first watched it as a little kid, you know, when the evil queen goes to this creepy place with skeletons and rotteness everywhere and drinks that disgusting potion to disguise herself as the old hag.

And I used to be scared of watching Hercules because of the Hydra, the Fates, and the Pit of Souls. Now I'm not even close to scared of those anymore.

Yes, I notice they're all Classic Disney. Go figure.
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic