Pixar Planet

Pixarteers

Come here to talk about all the other stuff on your mind.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Pixarteers

Postby Bonanna137 » Sat May 11, 2013 4:05 am

Good to see you again sally&Stickers!
My Self Made Signatures! Bonanna137's Super Signatures!
I'm a Pixarteer!
Bonanna137
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby LQstudiesPixar » Sun May 12, 2013 4:56 am

Hey, Sallyandstickers!

Glad to see you again! I totally feel you about school, I'm in the same position there. Ah, yes...
LQstudiesPixar
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby sally&Stickers » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:07 pm

:) thanks everyone
How has everyone's summer been?
ImageImage
Im a Pixarteer!
"Don't fear failure, fear not having the chance! You have the chance!" ~ Sally, Cars 3
sally&Stickers
Mutant Toy

Postby PixarTeo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:58 am

Wow no ones been on this thread for a long time. How's everyone's summers or winters going?
PixarTeo
Master Scarer

Postby sally&Stickers » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:03 pm

Winter's not really here yet... it doesn't really get here usually until January, though we had sleet last week (evilest of all winter weather) but today its raining and almost warm.. its not looking like a white christmas this year :/

meanwhile, I finished my evil semester and my friends and I finally went to see Frozen (which is amazing!)

how about you?
ImageImage
Im a Pixarteer!
"Don't fear failure, fear not having the chance! You have the chance!" ~ Sally, Cars 3
sally&Stickers
Mutant Toy

Postby Ding » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:34 pm

*wipes off dust*

Hello?

Anyone there?

Was really procrastinating on my finals and somehow found my way back here, and I'm now nostalgia'ing hard. Lots of good memories in this thread, lots of great friendships formed, and I was fortunate enough to be there for the beginning. Summer 2010 was amazing, I'd wake up every morning and check this place the first thing to just catch up with everything that'd happened over night. You'd refresh the page and there'd be like 5 more posts, it was pretty much a chatroom.

Over the years, good people came and good people left, but it was always a great time. It's sad to see it's inactive now. When you're old, a few years is nothing, but when you're young, it's a significant formative portion of your life. I'm still a young guy, barely past a teenager, but a ton of stuff has changed in recent years. But logging back in, it felt like I'm still in my room at my parent's place, sitting in the evening glow of the monitor, with only girls and grades to worry about. Anyway, get off my lawn, yadda yadda.

Half a decade, funny how it sneaks up on you like that.
Ding
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby evspixarfan2012 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:59 pm

Ding: Maybe you should've posted that in the Introduction/I'm Back thread over in Members Inc? (And it's the same with some of the other replies that come before yours. :roll: )

--evspixarfan2012
evspixarfan2012
Master Scarer

Postby Ding » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:14 am

Hi evspixarfan2012, I wouldn't say I'm really back, unfortunately. I've become extremely busy in the past couple years and regretfully don't as much time to be posting here anymore (this was my first post in two years). Plus pretty much all of the original members I talked to are gone now. So that's why I refrained from posting in the general "I'm Back" thread. I just happened to drop by on a whim to see how things have changed. This thread is something very close to me, it originally started as an off-topic club for Cars fans but become more of a general chat thread. We were all close at the beginning and around the same age and have since gone our separate ways. So I'm kinda sad to see it's completely dead now.
Ding
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby pixarfan9099 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:32 am

HOLY CRAP IT'S JEFF. What's up, man? Long time, no see. Same with this place in general. Man, what a run we had back in the day.
Visit my Pixar blog: http://yetanotherpixarblog.blogspot.com/ I'm a Pixarteer Emeritus Read Monsters, Inc. 2
pixarfan9099
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Ding » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:17 pm

Yo Forster! Good to see you're still around. I'm currently dying a slow and painful death with finals week, haha. Like I said before, I don't know if I can stick around regularly, but I'll definitely try to pop my head in a bit more over the summer. I did this awesome road trip with Jessie (x3haijessiex3) a couple summers ago where we left from Ohio, visited all the real life places on Route 66 that inspired the film, and finally ended up in Cars Land in LA. Lots of cool photos and stories of that I've been meaning to post on this board. How have you been?
Ding
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby pixarfan9099 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:56 pm

I've been pretty good. Same deal with me with finals being this week, but this is actually probably my least stressful finals week since my freshman year of high school five years ago. But, yeah, I remember when you and Jessie went on that trip. I watched the timelapse you put together and was insanely jealous, but at the same time, super excited because that would not have been possible without this website and this little group we had. I also am not sure if I'll be around much at all. This place isn't the same as it was back in 2010 and 2011, even with a new Pixar movie coming out, but we'll see.

Post #11111 in this thread!
Last edited by pixarfan9099 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my Pixar blog: http://yetanotherpixarblog.blogspot.com/ I'm a Pixarteer Emeritus Read Monsters, Inc. 2
pixarfan9099
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Ding » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:51 pm

Honestly, I wonder if it has any correlation with the recent movies Pixar has put out. All fantastic movies, obviously, but think of the universal, timeless classics consistently pumped out before 2011. That golden age drew in a lot of new fans and members. I love Brave, MU, as much as the next guy (heck, I'll even throw in Cars 2 now that I've given it some time), but honestly, if my only perception of Pixar was based on those few movies, I probably wouldn't be as compelled to join an online discussion board.

Edit: Also, yay!

Ding
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby pixarfan9099 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:18 am

Yeah, I'd love to see this thread come alive again this summer. Unfortunately, everyone's moved on with their lives and kind of left PP in the dust. I know I did. I found a new Pixar family over on Twitter and then life started happening and I just never visited. Today's sort of a milestone day for me on the site. Five years ago, Gabe, aka Phileas added me as a friend on Facebook, which strikes me as the day I became a real part of the site. Then, in one month, it'll be five years since this little group started up. I wish we could get the band back together, but that's a pipe dream at this point. I'll probably have a retrospective up on that day, but we'll see.
pixarfan9099
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Ding » Sat May 02, 2015 6:28 pm

Aw man, you're bumming me out. :( I know we haven't talked much but I'm glad the core of us still stays in touch through Facebook. I always wondered what happened to the regulars who disappeared who I don't have connection to outside this site (e.g. Snipe/Jonah, Evil_Genius_27/Ellie, etc.). Hope they're doing well.
Ding
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Snipe » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:35 pm

*Waves from across the room *

Jeff! Forster! How've you two been? Nice to see some of the originals! I've been busy with life the past few years, as I'm sure all of us have been, but I saw Inside Out the other week and decided to pop back in for a time.

Ding wrote:I did this awesome road trip with Jessie (x3haijessiex3) a couple summers ago where we left from Ohio, visited all the real life places on Route 66 that inspired the film, and finally ended up in Cars Land in LA. Lots of cool photos and stories of that I've been meaning to post on this board.

That sounds awesome! How is Jessie? Are you two still together, or at least in contact?

Ding wrote:Summer 2010 was amazing, I'd wake up every morning and check this place the first thing to just catch up with everything that'd happened over night. You'd refresh the page and there'd be like 5 more posts, it was pretty much a chatroom.

Haha I remember that, I used to do the same thing. Good times for sure. :)

pixarfan9099 wrote:I wish we could get the band back together, but that's a pipe dream at this point.

That would be awesome, I'd love to see some of the old folks come back around again.
I'm leader of the Pixarteers! :D Check out my graphics or my random and Pixar art ;)
Snipe
Master Scarer

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic