Pixar Planet

Pixarteers

Come here to talk about all the other stuff on your mind.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Pixarteers

Postby pixarfan9099 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:06 pm

I am super late on this, but hey Jonah, what's up man?
Visit my Pixar blog: http://yetanotherpixarblog.blogspot.com/ I'm a Pixarteer Emeritus Read Monsters, Inc. 2
pixarfan9099
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:53 am

*rubs eyes*

*echoes*

*Hellooooooo!*

Err, I can't believe what I'm doing, but I couldn't help stumbling across here after browsing on Twitter, which led me to reading several articles from Upcoming Pixar, and then curiosity and nostalgia came over me and I decided to check up on here. It's a shame that we've all gone our own ways with life (I mean I'm super busy with life now what with university and working a job and everything else inbetween), but I remember when I couldn't keep up with the sheer amount of posts that were going up on here because 1. timezones and 2. I was using a DSi :shock: wow as if that was like 5 years ago! I was 15 and had no clue on life whatsoever! And I still can't get over that I was one of the 3 original Pixarteers, and that still resonates as something pretty special to me.

That is, if anyone actually remembers me :lol:

P.S. Jeff, Forster, Jonah, is that really you guys? :shock:
Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby JustSoWall-eCrazy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami: I totally remember you! You were one of the followers of my Star Vacation story.
JustSoWall-eCrazy
Master Scarer

Postby pixarfan9099 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:36 am

Oh my god, is that really you, Ami? Holy crap. Long time, no see. Who would have thought that five years, some of us would still be here (even if it is very limited.) Hit me up on Twitter (@pixarfan9510) so we can talk some more. This is nuts.
Visit my Pixar blog: http://yetanotherpixarblog.blogspot.com/ I'm a Pixarteer Emeritus Read Monsters, Inc. 2
pixarfan9099
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:27 pm

JustSoWall-eCrazy: Hey! :D Oh yeah! I loved reading that, it's a shame though because I stopped reading when my life got a bit controlling and I had no choice but to leave here so I haven't read half of it unfortunately. I will re-read it all again from the beginning at some point as I've forgotten what happens :shock: A few years do wipe your memory! I'll get round to it though eventually!

Forster- Hey bro! :D This is insane! I'll follow you, though my twitter is not entirely Pixar-packed :lol: Wow I hope we can gather at least a couple more people together, this is exciting! :shock: ;-D
Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Ding » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:01 am

Hey Jonah! Hey Ami! How's life been treating you?

This is super cool, it's like a little reunion haha. :P I'm been doing pretty well the past few years, graduated, left the Ohio and went off to school on the East Coast, halfway done and I'm currently living in Los Angeles this summer working in feature film development. It's crazy that that much has happened but at the same time I can hop back on here and it feels like I'm still in high school.

Snipe wrote:That sounds awesome! How is Jessie? Are you two still together, or at least in contact?

We kinda went our separate ways in life, but still friends! I just visited her in NYC last year and she's been doing well, still the biggest Cars fan I know haha. :)
Ding
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:21 am

Hey Jeff! Wow, is it weird that I get super excited and get butterflies every time I see a new post now? 8D

Sounds like you're doing really well, good for you man! And I'm also glad you're still friends with Jessie!

I moved away from home too, two years ago and now I"m about to start my last year at university studying graphic design. I have to say it's one of the most life-changing and best things I've ever done. For a start there's no more judging from parents and siblings, secondly it feels great to have independence! I've completely changed and it's all good! :) I work part-time (currently full-time as I'm still on summer break) in a kitchen but lately I've been very fed up for numerous reasons- like the people have changed their attitudes, and I feel I get taken advantage of, especially with hours and shifts, so I've learned that if you don't like something, you change it. Hoping I move jobs before I start classes again in just over a month! It's gonna be an important year for me. Apart from that I'm doing well!

Yay for a mini reunion! :mrgreen:
Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby pixarfan9099 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:26 pm

Jeff, Jonah, Ami, and Forster posting in the Pixarteers thread? What year is it? But seriously, this is super awesome that, even five years on, we remember this kooky little group we had. My life story since the end of the Pixarteers is that I'm starting my third year in college, studying with the intention of working in the sports world. This place meant so much for me when it was active, and it means a lot to me now, so it's great that we can still get together and catch up.
pixarfan9099
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Ding » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:27 am

Awesome to hear that you guys have been doing well!

What do you wanna do in sports Forster? As my job during the school year, I'm a broadcast producer for college games on the Ivy League Digital Network and ESPN3. If you've ever watched an Ivy League match (primarily men's football and basketball) on ESPN, that might've been me calling the shots! If you haven't, you're not missing out on much excitement. :P Anyway, if you're interested in the broadcast side of things, my boss sometimes sends me openings at Fox, NBC, ESPN, etc. and I'd be happy to forward them to you because I'm more interested in the film industry as my end goal and broadcasting is just a good part-time job.

Glad to hear that you've found your calling with graphic design, Ami! You've probably already seen this video of Aaron Draplin, but in case you haven't, I saw this really cool graphic design video the other day. https://vimeo.com/113751583. And I totally hear ya on the independence thing, it's great, isn't it? I hope the whole work thing gets figured out but you have a great attitude towards it! (Love the sig btw)
Ding
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:02 am

I hadn't seen the video before actually, nor have I heard of this Aaron Draplin guy admittidly, but after seeing that video I think he's pretty awesome! I loved all his ideas. My teachers always telling me to literally generate little ideas in seconds, however I'm not the speediest person out there! Very inspiring find there Jeff!

Also thank you, I made the sig and avatar myself! You could say that's kinda my design style :roll: I thought it was about time I had some kind of identity around here (I mean it's taken 5 and a half years!)
Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby pixarfan9099 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:46 pm

Jeff: I really have no idea what I want to do. I know that I can't really do digital sports production because, at least where I go, it's a very, very select group and it's more of a telecommunications major than a sport administration (which is what I am) one. But if I chose to, at least my school has one of the top-tier programs for digital sports production.

Ami: I really like your sig! I'm a big fan of that minimalist/app design style, so it's pretty cool to see it applied to my favorite movie of the year.
pixarfan9099
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:15 pm

Thankyou! :D And I'm a fan of that style too, I'm glad people have taken notice (of my sig). Design is pretty much headed in a minimalist direction nowadays so I'm glad I fit in! I saw Inside Out a few weeks ago and I absolutely loved it. It's weird because when I was a kid I pretended I had little people inside by head controlling what I did :lol: I love how Pixar seem to sense my childhood brain activity, even though it's entirely coincidental 8D
Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby mopar5 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:05 am

This place brings back alot of memories.
Ami+ Garrett <3 8/14/10 <3
"Mopar, Or No Car."
mopar5
Master Scarer

Postby sally&Stickers » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:23 am

Holy Crap its been a while since I've been here... almost exactly three years according to my profile page... I thought I'd forgotten my login info but I decided to check for the heck of it tonight and my laptop remembered it! It's been so long.. sometimes I still think of this site, especially lately with Cars 3

I guess no one else is on here much judging by the fact no one's posted on this thread in 8 months.. but.. Hi guys! :D
ImageImage
Im a Pixarteer!
"Don't fear failure, fear not having the chance! You have the chance!" ~ Sally, Cars 3
sally&Stickers
Mutant Toy

Postby Ding » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:42 am

Sup guys, dropping by to make my once-every-few-years post. Miss everyone. See ya in like 2022.
Ding
AXIOM Crewmember

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic