The Annie Awards WINNERS

Sorry if this is repetitive but I coudn’t find the original post (if there it is)

Best Animated Feature
How to Train Your Dragon – DreamWorks Animation

Best Animated Short Subject
Day & Night – Pixar

INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENT CATEGORIES

Directing in a Feature Production
Chris Sanders, Dean DeBlois “How To Train Your Dragon” DreamWorks Animation

Writing in a Feature Production
[b]William Davies, Dean DeBlois, Chris Sanders ”How to Train Your Dragon”– DreamWorks Animation

Music in a Feature Production[/b]
John Powell “How To Train Your Dragon” – DreamWorks Animation

Production Design in a Feature Production
Pierre Olivier Vincent “How To Train Your Dragon” – DreamWorks Animation

Storyboarding in a Feature Production
Tom Owens “How To Train Your Dragon” – DreamWorks Animation

Animated Effects in an Animated Production
Brett Miller “How To Train Your Dragon” – DreamWorks Animation

Voice Acting in a Feature Production
Jay Baruchel as Hiccup “How To Train Your Dragon” – DreamWorks Animation

Character Animation in a Feature Production
Gabe Hordos “How To Train Your Dragon” – DreamWorks Animation

Character Design in a Feature Production
Nico Marlet “How To Train Your Dragon” – DreamWorks Animation

Character Animation in a Live Action Production
Ryan Page – Alice in Wonderland – Sony Pictures

Character Animation in a Television Production
David Pate “Kung Fu Panda Holiday” – DreamWorks Animation

Character Design in a Television Production
Gordon Hammond “T.U.F.F. Puppy” – Nickelodeon

Directing in a Television Production
Tim Johnson “Kung Fu Panda Holiday” – DreamWorks Animation

Music in a Television Production
Jeremy Wakefield, Sage Guyton, Nick Carr, Tuck Tucker “SpongeBob SquarePants” – Nickelodeon

Production Design in a Television Production
Richie Sacilioc “Kung Fu Panda Holiday” – DreamWorks Animation

Storyboarding in a Television Production
Tom Owens “Kung Fu Panda Holiday” – DreamWorks Animation

Voice Acting in a Television Production
James Hong as Mr. Ping “Kung Fu Panda Holiday” – DreamWorks Animation

Writing in a Television Production
Geoff Johns, Matthew Beans, Zeb Wells, Hugh Sterbakov, Matthew Senreich, Breckin Meyer, Seth
Green, Mike Fasolo, Douglas Goldstein, Tom Root, Dan Milano, Kevin Shinick & Hugh Davidson “Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode III” – ShadowMachine

Best Animated Television Commercial
Children’s Medical Center – DUCK Studios

Best Animated Television Production
Kung Fu Panda Holiday – DreamWorks Animation

Best Animated Television Production for Children
SpongeBob SquarePants – Nickelodeon

Best Animated Video Game
Limbo – Playdead

NO WORDS, these awards really SUCK

IMO, HtTYD deserved every award it received. Its design, music, and story deserve to be recognized; not to mention Sanders and DeBlois are incredible and I’m happy to see them win an award for such a brilliant piece.

I see the HtTYD Annie wins as a sort of pacifier for all it got snubbed for in the Oscar noms. :wink:

little chef

I’m fine with Dreamworks sweeping the awards…it was pretty much inevitable, and it’s somewhat deserved.

But the fact that Spongebob won best animated children’s show and that the Kung Fu Panda special won best production design above Regular Show and Symbionic Titan respectively is just inexcusable.

I agree with little_chef: then again if I was choosing myself HTTYD would definitly (at the very least) win best animated picture as well as best musical score minimum. It’s unlikely to happen at the Oscars though (at least the former), I kind of AM hoping that HTTYD at least has a shot at getting the Oscars best score at the very least though.

TS3 will probably win at the oscars though for best animated, no matter how much I’d prefer HTTYD getting it.

I do also wish sym-bionic titan had won something though too though, it’s pretty good as an animated series so far for me.

I haven’t seen HTTYD, so I can’t really have an opinion.
Day & Night, I’m very happy with. :slight_smile:
Spongebob…facepalm

This thread would be much more appropriate in the Animation section of Pixar Planet.

I don’t care about the Annies, honestly. All I’ve heard is that it’s voting is done corupted, hence Walt Disney Pictures have withdrawned from sending in nominations. But what do I know, I don’t know if that’s true. So I just try my best to refrain from interest in the awards, ever since the horrid 2008 season.

Like Bryko, I’m disapointed about The Regular Show loosing.

The only part of the Annies I look forward to is learning who receives the Windsor McCay awards. There was a good bunch this year, congrats Matt Groening, Eric Goldberg, and Brad Bird!

Haha…you have to see Brad’s acceptance speech:
youtube.com/watch?v=dQX0DF6A19I

Hilarious! “And who ever thinks that is an idiot and a communist” Haha, Brad’s too funny.

Brad was incredible, hoping to see him back to Pixar as soon as he finishes M:I Ghost Protocole

sure, Dragon has been one of the best Dreamworks efforts, but that’s not the point. The point is that they have to blatantly cheat in order to win.

Which is why it’s unfair that TS3 is going to win the Oscars. They’re cheating just as bad as anyone else. :neutral_face:

cheating??, where did you find that statement

Where did you find the statement that HtTYD blatantly cheated at the Annies? :confused:

Pixar is pretty much always the Oscar’s baby (ugh, especially this year :unamused:), of course it’s going to win there. I think that’s what she meant to say. I wouldn’t go as far as to say cheating, but the whole thing is most certainly, unfairly biased. :neutral_face:

Same in the case of the Annies, but I know for myself, I’m just happy that HtTYD got recognized in this way, even if it seems unfair it totally deserved it. Though I think a movie like Despicable Me should have been recognized here, because it truly was a good movie. But as I said earlier… HtTYD’s Annie wins makes up for all it lost at the Golden Globes and all it’s going to lose at the Oscars. And I’m totally okay with that.

little chef

HTTYD is a fantastic movie. But Dreamworks has in the past, and continues to buy out votes, The Annies are a waste of time. It’s an inside job. Which is why Walt Disney Studios, and in effect Pixar, pull out support from the movies.

you didn’t get what I mean, it has nothing to do with the quality of a film, it does not matter which movie is better, The point happens to be the the vote system, which is clearly corrupted:

people could see TS3 as the favorite animated film to win at the Oscars, but nothing is sure until the real moment arrives, at least I have not heard of any corrupt voting system in the Oscars yet, but the most important thing is that Pixar has been constantly all these years, giving us some high quality films and if TS3 wins it will be well deserved

but it does not mean that I don’t recognize Dragon’s efforts, and I also respect your likes :slight_smile:

On another thread I explained my dislike. The only part of the awards that I even care about are the June Foray Award and the Winsor McCay award, both which are choosen in advance and honor people who made a difference in the industry of animation.

Besides that I don’t care about the Annies. They want to be the Oscars of animation. They’re more like The People’s Choice Awards. I’d respect the Annies more if they changed their voting rules to be more like the Academy, where peers and those in the industry vote for the awards, instead of studios buying votes for anyone they please.

exactly, NO MATTERS which film WINS, the voting system is not reliable and ethic o_0

That’s what I’ve heard too. Now, while HTTYD and TS3 are fairly comparable in quality, Kung Fu Panda was a solid film but did not deserve to sweep the awards and leave Wall-E in the dust. Does anybody remember Wall-E even getting some Oscar buzz for major categories when it came out? I’m talking Best Picture, Best Director here. It’s quite a challenge to find something in the directing style/composition of Kung Fu Panda that tops Wall-E, not to mention the writing and other categories I won’t go into. That’s what made me think there was a huge bias in the votes. :confused:

I totally agree with you queen_of_painting. I would have thought nothing about HTTYD beating TS3. Because both are fantastic movies on so many levels. But it was so disapointing and suspicious during 2008, when KFP won everything and WALL-E nothing. Especially since there was a lot of buzz about WALL-E at the Oscars. There’s no doubt in a lot of peoples minds that if the Academy had 10 nominees that year instead of 5 for best picture, WALL-E would of been one of the nominees. And then to see what happened at the Annies? Disgraceful.

I’ll second queen_of_painting, all respect was lost in 2008. KFP was no doubt a good film, and probably more kid friendly (because a lot of youngsters now sadly have the attention span of about 3 minutes), but Wall-E was in a leauge of it’s own, and I was shocked and disappointed that it didn’t get a Best Picture nomination at the Oscars, because quite frankly, it was better than The Reader and Slumdog Millionaire by a country mile, although I do admire those films. The awards as whole are so fixed; comedies, animations and comic book adaptations fail to get Best Picture/Director/Screenplay nods time and time again because they aren’t “serious”. Best Film should mean Best Film, and as far as I’m concerned, in 2008 that accolade should have gone to Wall-E.
DreamWorks are good, but they’re not in Pixar’s league yet. And for the Annies to dismiss the company, well, they’re defeating the object I think.