Does anyone else work with 3D animation?

I am making a 3D (pixar based) animated short called S330 (I know. It’s the same name as my profile here).
I am starting this thread to ask if anyone else is making a Pixar based animated short.

I have no ideas, or expirience in animation. But I enjoy to watch and support other’s work!

I was once an animator on a team for my final project in my Bachelor Degree, and lemme tell ya, 3D animation (the entire process from modeling to post-production) is not the easiest job in the world! It is, in fact, one of the most difficult! :slight_smile:

You have potential there, just need to progress beyond polygons and try a little subdivs and sculpting. And yes, Blender is free, but Maya is more versatile and has more features for the fearless to play with (I’m pretty bad at the program, to be honest). You get what you pay for.

Anyway, looking forward to your short!

Thanks. I know modeling and animatings not easy (I speak from one years experience).
But it’s fun to do as a hobby (I’m actually trying to go for music composion and sound design for films [especially animated features]).

I never knew that about you! I guess I learn something new everyday!