Who is your favorite animated character?

The title is pretty self explanatory I don’t think this question has been posted before. So, who is your favorite animated character? Motivate and feel free to add pics!

Those who know me, or know of me, or have read anything I’ve written since my recent appearance on this forum won’t be too surprised to hear that my favorite character is … Bolt!

(feel free to skip following explanation^^)

Not only is he extremely cute. He also happened to be a pretty deep and complex character. To some point, this was a bit of a disadvantage as his few-worded, complicated personality and subtle character development wasn’t quite as funny to the kiddies as the annoying, loud and hyperactive hamster. Bolt was quickly forgotten, but I loved him!

I love him because he is such a fascinating character! Bolt has this duo-personality, a mix between his superhero persona – the side of him that blows up helicopters and callously captures abounded kitties (Mittens), indifferently holding them dangling over busy highways – and his more sensitive, dog-like sweet-natured and innocent side. The warm, cuddly side of him that is mostly just seen when he is together with Penny, the little girl to whom he directs all his love and devotion.

Bolt and Mittens had some kinda love-hate relationship in the movie. His fur is so fluffy!

Bolt also develops a lot in the movie! During Bolt’s brush with reality, these two sides of him are in constant conflict. At first, Bolt treats Mittens quite brutality and is indifferent to her
objections. But after his huge self-realization, about halfway into the movie, Bolt finally gives up on his superhero persona. Thus, he allows his sweet-natured and caring side, the side I mentioned earlier, to shine through his tough exterior as he exposes himself and his vulnerability to Mittens, even going as far as to letting her teach him “how to be a dog”. Bolt’s ability to trust Mittens is really remarkable when you think about.

Of course Bolt also embodies the admirable canine qualities. He is super loyal and trusting, despite everything that he has been put through, and he is cuddly and lovable. To some point, Bolt’s innocent nature makes him a potential victim, and in the movie, Bolt was manipulated by both the callous Hollywood studio and its directors, and the fast-talking, cynical Mittens who often managed to hurt Bolt’s feelings.

He is also extremely expressive! He has the anthropomorphic facial expressions of a human being, and the body language of the common dog. And a more handsome doggy is hard to find!

Bolt shortly after discovering that he doesn’t have any superpowers. Before this, Bolt had gone through a process of self-denial.

Well, this is a good question. i have a lot of favorite animated character. but The one that has been on the top for the longest time is Violet Parr. She and I had a lot in common. She was shy of boys, I was shy of girls. And the way we broke out of our confidence was finding by allowing myself to do what I love to do and not be held back. (and not to mention that I find her really attractive)

Aw, I love your explanation of the complexities of Bolt! That’s so sweet. And I loved Bolt, BTW. Since it seems to be pretty disliked here… :frowning:

This is hard for me. 8D Woody, Bob Parr, Helen Parr, Rapunzel, Flynn, Belle, Jasmine, all the rest of the Disney princesses and princes, Milo Thatch, Stitch, Mickey Mouse, Jessie, Buzz…that’s enough. 8D

Sorry. I’ll choose one now. Woody. <3

[size=150]Bugs Bunny is the greatest animated character of all time, no doubt![/size]

TV Guide’s List of 50 Greatest Cartoon Characters was all too right to crown him #1 and “King of Cartoons”

bugs-bunny-3-g

*Eric Cartman
*Yogi Bear & Boo-Boo
*Top Cat
*Felix the Cat
*Marvin Martian
*Wile Coyote & Roadrunner
*Daffy Duck
*Jose Carioca
*WALL-E & EVE
*Buzz & Woody
*Spongebob Squarepants

Nice list, Kenzie! :smiley:

Mine’s definitely Shrek. April Fool’s! :laughing: It’s probably Buzz, then Woody, McQueen, and Phineas and Ferb (tied).

Oh bugs bunny is a classic cartoon that will live forever!

He is immortal! Even if you don’t like Bugs, there’s no denying that he, along with Mickey Mouse are the rulers of the cartoon universe.

My favorite animated character? If we’re talking JUST movies, probably Scrat from Ice Age. His antics never cease to make me laugh.

And if we may also refer to TV shows based on games I’d totally also say King K. Rool, General Klump, and Krusha. You know Donkey Kong Country and all. Because those guys have the best animation and voice acting in the whole show seriously. Yeah, I am a fangirl. Don’t remind me.

…Teehee!

I love all those! Except Shrek, granted. I’m glad you mentioned P&F, because they seem to be faltering in popularity lately. :confused:

my favorite is WALL-E, Bugs Bunny is an epic icon in the animated media, but I see that Lightning Mcqueen is becoming the most popular animated character nowadays

Oh, that’s too bad. Frankly, I think the reason why not so many people liked “Bolt” is because very few noticed the “complexities” I mentioned above. And this is because funny, comic relief characters like Rhino and the funny-talking pigeons got way too much attention in the film, despite not adding anything to the story other than simplistic laughter. But that’s just me. Thanks for your comment btw! :3

Lightning Mcqueen? Really? I didnt know that :slight_smile:

THE SECOND PICTURE OF BOLT, OMG. THAT IS THE SADDEST THING. HIS FACE. AWWW. D:

uhm, so. i don’t have an exact ~favorite, but toothless and hiccup are owning my life right now. both of them are just, so adorable. ESPECIALLY TOOTHLESS. &hearts

also rapunzel, ariel (i dun care what anyone says, i love her to death), woody, wall-e, & mike ftw.

I’m so glad you liked it! And yeah, Toothless is my next favorite animated character =3

he made the cutest faces, ever.

LOL EVERY TIME I SWEAR.

also this.

That’s one silly dragon!

If you know me, you have a pretty good idea at what mine is. :stuck_out_tongue:
Yep, you’re right. Dug.
He cracks me up and is just so lovable and cute. <3

I lvoe Dug as well. He is so adorable and he reminds me of my doggie.

TSS: Dug reminds me of my dog too! My family actually wanted to name him Dug, but he already had a name he was use to (Rowdy). We do have a cool bird statue that looks like Kevin, which my family calls Kevin!

Question guys: Who do you like better? Stitch or Toothless? I like both, but I think overall I’m more a fan of Toothless.

“i was hiding under your porch because i love you.” LOL I CRIED OUT LOUD.

and eje, i /think/ i’m gonna go with toothless, but i love stitch so much i can’t even. “ohana (or however you spell it fadjskala; DON’T JUDGE ME) means family…family means nobody gets left behind.” lol i remember being like nine or ten and audibly sobbing when i saw it in theaters.