Old Priest Predicts The Rapture To Occur On May 21st, 2011

At 6:00 PM. I say, he’s nuts

Link? Details?

washingtonpost.com/blogs/blo … _blog.html

I think his track record says it all.

Oh, I’ve heard of this! There’s a follower of this guy in my town. He stands in front of city hall with signs about this all the time.

The Rapture?

In my opinion, I believe that this priest is wrong, for the Bible says we know neither the day, nor the hour.

Yeah, this guy’s nuts. I agree with JustSoWall-eCrazy; nobody but our lord knows the minute the rapture will occur.

IV: Yay! Another sister in Christ!

100% agreed. :slight_smile:

Well, if it’s any consolation, at least I won’t have to do any more assignments. :slight_smile:

No way, this guy is crazy. We have a billboard of this on I-95 near me, and it’s kinda weird. It makes me feel better though to know that no one knows, not even Jesus, when the world is gonna end. It’ll come when it comes :slight_smile:

high five also high five K9girl and Evangeline

Sorry, I’m athiest, and i would modify that it is up to science to decide our fates, if we continue to live like this.

But then some would say God created or IS science.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Hahahaha sorry, I love to stir things up.

tdit: Yes, I’d love no assignments! I’m certain whatever happens after death is essay free. :laughing:

In a sermon once, the seminarian student my church, Daniel, told a story of when he was going to the University of Alabama, and there was a guy they called the “Water-Fountain Evangelist” (or something like that) The guy would yell at them all that he had pin-pointed the university to be the most sinful place in the world and they needed to repent now, because the rapture was coming soon. Which, Daniel said, was especially silly because “I think the last place to need fire and brimstone preaching is the southern United States.”

My sister said that at her university there are people screaming about how the world will end because of “rebellious women” (“rebellious” as in “getting educated”)

People who stand outside with a bullhorn are defintely using the word of God wrong. In the Bible, Jesus said he came to love, accept, and forgive, not to condemn. Remember the story about the Adultress? Jesus said, I do not Condemn you.

Rac: No kidding! We do live in the Bible Belt, after all! :stuck_out_tongue: 8D

That was the one thing that confused me about Christianity and thus is why I live the “God is Dead” Lecture.

What thing?

What the priest said?