Holidays 2011

We’ve got the last of this year’s holidays coming up… Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve… and this is the thread where we can discuss them. Talk about what you’re going to be doing for them, how much fun they are, and memories from past holidays. So, without further ado…

I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow. Not sure what meat we’ll be having yet. Generally my dad hunts some deer and we have venison, but he hasn’t caught any yet. We’ll probably just end up eating a turkey like everybody else. :unamused: :sunglasses:

Ready for some turley and other food tomarrow. Also wanna put up the tree.

I’ll be watching the parade with my family. I can’t wait to carve the turkey! We’re having my grandparents over.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody :smiley: !!! Did yous all enjoy yourselves?

Well folks, tonight offically marks the start of the shoping season!

Ballboi- Yippy! Let’s go spend some money on stuff we don’t need 8D !

Whoops! Thought this was the pixarteer thread :blush:

How is everyones christmas shopping going?

Well, we had a terrific Thanksgiving. My paternal mamaw and papaw(he’s my dad’s stepdad, but I call him Papaw anyway) came over and ate with us, then we watched the parade(I had recorded it) and the Ice Age Christmas special(which was hilarious, by the way).

We just had a simple dinner, everyone watched a movie, and then we ate pie!!!

Had a good Thanksgiving. Dinner was delicious. And we had some great conversations over the meal. :sunglasses:

Now, on to Christmas! :mrgreen:

We had a great Thanksgiving last night. Ate some dinner and spended some time with the family.

Can’t wait for Christmas as it’s my favorite time of the year.

I love Christmas. <3 I’m putting my tree up.

I made my list a while ago. Should we all put are list up?

I’m not really supposed to ask for things, but I’ll make a list on here.

-dolls(a few)
-The Lion King Diamond Edition
-Cars 2
-Winnie the Pooh
-Kung Fu Panda 2

Here’s some of mine

South Park season 2
Pokemon White
Cars 2 ( Blu ray is brother gets Ps3)
Lion King ( Same as above)
The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Gameing chair

Cool!

Thanksgiving: we just watch the parade (my friend’s marching band was in it this year!) and eat with my mom’s family (we go see my dad’s family for Christmas, because there farther away and we don’t fly)

for Christmas i just want a new Digital Camera (mine is really old), and Photoshop, and my friend said she was going to get me something Cars for Christmas :smiley:

Here in Canada we have Thanksgiving in early October so that happened a while ago already(and I’m glad it’s more spread out here between Thanksgiving and Christmas unlike in the US).

Anyway, I’m actually not a huge fan of Christmas…mostly due to the over-commercialization and how it makes a lot of people go crazy. I heard that some crazy stuff happened today on Black Friday, like some lady pepper spraying a bunch of people to get to certain items first and someone else shooting someone over an item.

Shoppers just go crazy around the holidays for these deals to the point sometimes that it’s rather disturbing.

Also there are just so many Christmas ads in your face everywhere for months beforehand that by the time it actually gets to Christmas you are just tired of seeing Christmas-related stuff. :frowning:

Sure it’s nice to give gifts and get gifts and spend more time with certain people but there are a lot of aspects about the holidays that are also really annoying. It’s not actually my favourite time of year.

I heard about some shootings over Black Friday; how pathetic. It seems like an awfully commercial “holiday” to me.
As for christmas lists:

1. Somebody to pay the £63 for my driving test.
  2. Somebody to pay the £3000 for my car insurance. :mrgreen:
  3. A new iPod.
  4. A new coat.

:mrgreen: