Violet and Vanellope

Ok, I know Wreck-It Ralph isn’t PIXAR, But I wanted to point out some similarities I noticed between Violet and Vanellope von Schweetz:

-At the start of their respective films, they are both somewhat reclusive, with Violet having major depression issues because of her dad’s selfishness hurting, and Vanellope being bitter due to being a glitch and having no friends

-They each have moments of uncertainty: after the plane explodes, Violet wonders if she has what it takes to be a Super, and Vanellope worries that no one will like her if she becomes a playable character in her game

-They each have somewhat unique friends: Kari McKeen (look, I know she didn’t have a big part, but Violet is not just gonna leave her baby brother in the hands of someone she doesn’t know, so I figured she and Kari were at least somewhat friends before the movie) who is perky and basically the exact opposite of Violet, and Wreck-It Ralph, a wrecker who also has no friends because he is supposed to be a villain (and is about 6 times as big as Vanellope)

-AT the end of their films, they both discover something about themselves: Violet is a courageous super with a LOT of power, and Vanellope is a princess

I know it’s not “like looking in a mirror”, but I sometimes tend to overthink, and this has let me notice things other people might never think about. So please, share your thoughts.

I hadn’t really thought of that comparison prior to this, but it makes sense for the most part. My only thing I differed in thinking was that, well, Vanellope didn’t come off all that reclusive to me at the beginning at WIR, at least, not the same as Violet. I guess the main difference to me is that Violet would just disappear around people and just didn’t get involved, while Vanellope tried to hang with the other kids and was constantly rejected. But then again, I haven’t watched WIR in forever so I maybe I’ve just forgotten more than I think. The first thought that came to me is that Violet has a very strong dad and Vanellope has a very strong father figure, and very strong both in personality and physique. (BTW The Art Of Wreck-It Ralph did briefly describe Ralph as somewhat of a father figure for Vanellope, despite he doesn’t always come off like that)
Am I the only person who wants to draw Ralph and Vanellope cosplaying as Bob and Violet now? :smiley:

I agree! Those are all valid points. Interestingly enough, I found both characters extremely irritating and distracting from the title heroes. And now I know why. 8D They also look similar, and have quirky voices!

Samtastic2: Thank you so much for pointing that out. I have never noticed that before! (In fact, I seem to have barely noticed.)

Well, I just recently started to notice that after watching both movies again. And yeah, ObsessedWithPixar, I see your point about Vanellope not being reclusive, as she is more bitter, like how when Ralph tried to help her and she brushed him off. I see that like Violet, where Helen has probably tried to get her to open up dozens of times, but is just too hurt by her dad.

Hey that’s another thing: Bob and Ralph.

-Each starts out a loner, Bob wanting to be a hero while Helen (and partially Lucius) want to retire, and Ralph being an outcast because he is a villain

-Both have super strength (g’doy)

-In the end, both learn a lesson and become happier: Ralph becomes happy being a villain, as he knows it’s his job and the NiceLanders now respect him, and Bob realizes he can be a Super AND a family man and wins his family’s love back

So character wise IS kinda similar between TI and WIR.

And…Calhoun and Helen have take charge attitudes, and Felix and Dash are short and kinda jumpy :stuck_out_tongue: