10 Years Ago Today...

I was in the theatre, ready to watch Pixar’s latest animated masterpiece “Finding Nemo”. But before the acclaimed feature, i had to watch through 10 minutes of trailers and teasers… and then, the one teaser that caught my eye and come to soon impact the rest of my life as I knew it:
It started with a man putting on a super suit and hilariously trying to pull his belt together before rushing out to patrol. I have never laughed so hard at just one teaser. I was just a kid back then, but the comedy was just so real. So hilarious how a man of great stature could not accomplish the simplest task of clipping his belt together, all becasue of a very ordinary problem of a big belly.
Then came the theatrical trialers, behind-the-scenes, actor interviews, preview clips. Each and everyday, i had my dose of this upcoming movie, until the day it came out. And I was completely blown away from the starting interview to the final jacket pull. Each character had their own depth, had their own struggle, conflict. Each one kept me engaged, wanting more. All of their powers, and their subtle reflections on life was absolutely brilliant. I loved how Brad Bird combined the explosive and fantstical elements that makes super heroes so exciting, and the normalcy and human aspect of the mundane, which make super heroes more captivating and relatable.
This sprung me right into my fandom, joining forums which would later turn into Pixar Planet, creating music videos of The Incredibels, commissioning comic strips, and just continued to provide me with such a creative outlet.

10 years ago, this movie came out and just took over my life. And to this day, it’s still not only my favorite Disney, Pixar, and Super Hero movie, but my favorite movie of all time. This movie sparked my love for super heroes, enabled me to find creative outlets to express myself, and helped me go from a shy freshman in high school who just wanted to be cool to a young man who is his own self-satisfied individual.

And now, we wait for the much anticipated sequel…

Ah yes! So many memories! After having seen MI and Finding Nemo, I was in the very beginning of my Pixar obsession, so I automatically knew, even then having only seen those two films, that The Incredibles would be fantastic, same for my brother, who laughed along with me at that hilarious teaser. And on November 26th, 2004, I would see it and be mind-blown yet again by how great this company called “Pixar” was. And over the years of my Pixar fandom, I’ve come to love the film even more since I first saw it, and it remains one of my favorite movies to this day! And thus in honor I’m wearing a superhero mask and planning on watching TI sometime today :slight_smile: So happy birthday, The Incredibles! It’s been an incredible decade of incredibleness fo’ sure! :smiley:

I remember seeing the teaser in theaters when I went to see Finding Nemo. I was 2 years old at the time and I remember laughing a lot at it. I’d seen all the Pixar films at the time and my brother, who was about 7 at the time, was a fan of Pixar and had every Pixar film on VHS or DVD. We ended up getting The Incredibles on DVD and I liked it, but didn’t fall in love with it like I did with the Toy Story films.

I spent the 10th birthday of TI popping in the blu ray and watching every content of it. It was fantastic. 10 years later, another super hero disney movie has got me excited. But now, I look back and appreciate all the good memories and impacts Ti made on my life.

I didn’t see the movie until it came out on DVD, but it took over my life for several years when it did as well. It’s still one of my favorite movies.