RebelTaxi99's Did You Know Animation: The Incredibles

This was a two-part video I stumbled upon yesterday. Even though some of you might know most of the facts mentioned, I found the references to other super hero teams interesting.
Part 1: [url]1-Did You Know Animation: INCREDIBLES [RebelTaxi] - YouTube
Part 2: [url]2-Did You Know Animation: INCREDIBLES [RebelTaxi] - YouTube

[spoiler]“Did you know their powers are extensions of who they are?” Yes, next.

“Jack Jack was going to have melting powers.” Did not know that.

“References to Fantastic Four.” Knew that. “Changed Fantastic Four’s ending.” Didn’t know that. “References to Watchmen.” Knew that.

“Brody is a reference to another Jason Lee character.” Knew that.

“Was going to look futuristic.” Didn’t know that.

“Syndrome based on Brad Bird.” Knew that. “Walk cycles based on Pixar employee.” Didn’t know that.

“Nomanisan Island.” Knew that. Loved that.

“Blank Manta’s sub.” Didn’t know that.

“X-Man reference.” Didn’t know that.

“DC comics has a character named Elasti-Girl.” Pretty sure I knew this. “Greatest adventure is the name of the comic where the character premiered.” Didn’t know that, but it sounds more like a coincidence than anything.

“Snug piloted the plane.” Well, duh, this one’s on the DVD.

“Comic in Finding Nemo.” Knew that.

“Against the law for super heroes to reproduce.” I think what you mean is “It was planned for it to be against the law”, but yeah, knew that.

“Phone calls tie into Jack-Jack attack.” I see we’ve run out of genuine trivia. Pretty sure everyone knows that.

“A short is on the DVD.” Seriously. Duh.

“Samuel L. Jackson got part for his cool voice.” DIdn’t know that.

“Reference to Die Hard.” Didn’t know that.

“Scenes that resemble other films.” Didn’t really know that.

“Signature under water shot.” Didn’t know that.

“Edna is Brad Bird.” Knew that. “Edna was used for an award ceremony.” Didn’t know that.

“Bond theme.” Didn’t know that. “John Barry was going to make the music.” Didn’t know that.

“Violet’s voice actor hadn’t acted before, Pixar sent her animation over voice from her radio show.” Didn’t know that.

“Background characters all the same model.” Knew that.

“Two old guys are old Disney animators.” Knew that.

“A113 appearance.” Knew that.

“Pizza Planet truck not in the film.” Knew that. “It’s in the video game.” Knew that.

“Several games, based on movie and after movie.” Knew that.[/spoiler]

Good video TheSpaceSheriff. It wsa refreshing to see all the little tidbits and trivias of TI. I feel for the guy about wanting a TI2. he shall have it soon enough.

Villainess, you inspire me! :wink:

[spoiler]Did you know their powers are extensions of who they are?" Yes, obviously

“Jack Jack was going to have melting powers.” I figured since the bloopers showed him melting. I thought it was either a technical glitch or something that was gonna be in the movie. It did look disturbing though.

“References to Fantastic Four.” Yep.

“Changed Fantastic Four’s ending.” I actually didn’t know that.

“References to Watchmen.” I didn’t know that until after I saw Watchmen for the first time 2 years ago in college.

“Brody is a reference to another Jason Lee character.” I knew Syndrome had a lot references to Jason Lee, but I didn’t know about the Brody reference.

“Was going to look futuristic.” The second DVD revealed it was gonna give a “how the future looks” kind of deal. But I thought it was a good idea to tone it down to make syndrome look even more awesome and evil.

“Syndrome based on Brad Bird.” That, I knew.

“Walk cycles based on Pixar employee.” I knew it was based on a Pixar employee, but I always thought it was based on Brad Bird.

“Nomanisan Island.” I got it two weeks after joining the first ever Pixar Planet forums.

“Blank Manta’s sub.” I had a feeling it looked familiar when I first saw it, but I couldn’t put my finger on what it looked like. This video made it clear

“X-Man reference.” Again, I didn’t see it until the vid made the comparison.

“DC comics has a character named Elasti-Girl.” I actually didn’t know this until I kept seeing Elastigirl’s named changed to Mrs. incredible. Then I looked it up and saw that there was a DC character with the same name.

“Greatest adventure is the name of the comic where the character premiered.” I didn’t know that

“Snug piloted the plane.” Knew that, one of my favorite deleted scenes. It was a better choice to leave him out though. just imagine the trauma Vi would have to go through knowing she couldn’t save him. More dark and violent than it already is.

“Comic in Finding Nemo.” Yeo.

“planned for super heroes to reproduce to be against the law”, This, I actually didn’t know

“Phone calls tie into Jack-Jack attack.” Yep

“A short is on the DVD.” Seriously. Duh. (Well said Villainess)

“Samuel L. Jackson got part for his cool voice.” I knew this. Brad Bird said on a featurette that he wanted Frozone “to sound cool, and who’s cooler than Sam jackson?”.

“Reference to Die Hard.” Never seen the Die hard scene, but I knew that

“Scenes that resemble other films.” Didn’t really know that.

“Signature under water shot.” Nope, Didn’t know that. But now that I look at it, it is notable. Makes me wonder if there will be one in TI2

“Edna is Brad Bird.” Any Pixar fan knows that.

“Edna was used for an award ceremony.” I knew that. i was watching it lived and I freaked out when I saw it.

“Bond theme.” I knew that.

“John Barry was going to make the music.” But this one, I Didn’t know. Giacchino was a great replacement though

“Violet’s voice actor hadn’t acted before, Pixar sent her animation over voice from her radio show.” This was actually on the DVD, but a few of her interviews I read revealed it

“Background characters all the same model.” I Knew that.

“Two old guys are old Disney animators.” I knew that, but I almost forgot they were in Iron Giant.

“A113 appearance.” Knew that.

“Pizza Planet truck not in the film.” Knew that. “It’s in the video game.” Knew that.

“Several games, based on movie and after movie.” Knew that.[/spoiler]