Syndrome

This topic is dedicated to Buddy Pine/Syndrome. He is the villian in the Incredibles, but we all have to admit that he is one clever villian. Why do you like the Syndrome? Is it because of the gadgets, the hair, the suit, anything? Please share!

Syndrome is, to this day, my favorite Pixar villain. He has cool gadgets, and some great lines, but he’s also the most frightening.

I particularly like the special bond between him and Bob. No other villain in the Pixar movies have this kind of strong and long relationship. He admired Mr Incredible, and he still does in the film, but now he hesitates between admiration and hatred.

I think the thing with Syndrome is, unlike most villains in kid’s films, is that the viewer actually gets to find out what made Syndrome so twisted and hateful in the first place. Having that oppurtunity immediately allows the viewer to emphasize with him, so instead of seeing him as just an ‘evil person’, there’s another dimension to his personality. Of course, that doesn’t make what he did any less wrong, but it’s definitely a feature that makes Syndrome more enjoyable to watch.

Then there’s also the fact that he really does get some of the best lines in the movie. He has a striking look, a striking personality, and is a really memorable character all round. He actually makes people laugh with him rather than at him, which is quite an accomplishment for an out-and-out villain.

And there’s also the fact that he’s just generally cool. :smiley:

As much as Syndrome gives The Incredibles a hard time as the film goes on, I have always had a soft spot for him. Probably because we get to see why he is the way he is. You can’t really blame him for turning out that way, even though what he did was wrong. He is just really messed up.

He is also pretty immature, like he has grown older but not grown up. And how he managed to score a chick such as Mirage is beyond me… But I love how they hint about their relationship. Oh, and I just have to mention the cool one liners he has, though: “You sly dog! You got me monologuing!” and “Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? And got bizay!”. Heh.

I wonder if he actually died at the end, or they’ll bring him back. If they did bring him back it would have been kind of predictable. But at the same time, it makes me cringe a little, and feel a bit sorry for him if that is the way he died in the jet turbine.

Would anyone else here like to see Syndrome come back?

I used to like Syndrome back when I was an Incredibles nut. I guess I liked him for the sole reason that he is a villain, and I love all sorts of villains.

I’m one of those people who would love to see him come back, lol.
Syndrome has always been my favorite character from The Incredibles…and still is along with Mirage.
I havn’t been crazy obsessed with them in a while though @_@ Though i still am a fan for that pairing.
And what do I like about Syndrome? XD The hair for one thing…but also because he has the cool gadgets, he’s pretty funny…and also because he’s like a kid trapped in an adult body XD
I’m sure alot of people would agree with me on that one seeing how Syndrome acts, lol. But I love im XD

Yes, I would like to see Syndrome come back too. He was always my first favorite character with Violet close behind him.

I also think he is kind of handsome. :wink: :slight_smile:

I like Syndrome. I’m a big fan of villains and he is no exception. And I like that they showed his history- it helps to feel sorry for him and to realize what made him become who he was. They need to do more of that in movies.

Well, first of all Syndrom is nothing but a big bully! Okay, I like him (not like, like him lol) he’s some times funny. Well, that’s all I have to say about him.

Well, he is very funny. He has got some of the funniest lines in all of the movie. But I’m not sure about him being a bully.

Well he’s nice when he’s a big fan of Bob and then he gets older and he’s so mean he wants to kill them! :stuck_out_tongue: That’s sort of a bully don’t you think?

I see what you mean, but I think the better word choice for bully would probably be a vengeful villain? :unamused:

Oh, yeah! I love this guy! Syndrome’s got the awesome gadgets, the budget, and brains as well. He rules, and was the first Jason Lee character I ever loved. Even though Bones (Monster House) will always be my sweetheart, Syndrome will always be one of my top favorites.

What is your favorite gadget that Syndrome has you guys?

I’m surprised that I haven’t posted here yet. Anyways, I absolutely love Syndrome. He’s funny, handsome, and has awesome hair. :slight_smile:

Well we can all see you have a total crush on him. :wink: But yeah, he is a cool and funny character. I love his technical gadgets.

Even he loves his own gadgets, but it’s funny how greedy he is with those things sometimes, always bragging about his inventions, his robots, his intelligence.

:open_mouth: Well, fine, we get it, Buddy!
:imp: MY NAME IS NOT BUDDY!!!

I used to have a crush on him but that was before certain people made me absolutely sick of the film. Still, I find him cool - hard not to; he’s a red head like me. :sunglasses:

Funny, I had a dream about him once. He was acting as Santa Claus and he was giving his toys away.

:astonished: :astonished: :open_mouth: :astonished: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :astonished: :astonished: :open_mouth: :astonished: :astonished: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :astonished: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: