What Did You Notice In The Incredibles?

I noticed that at the very beginning, before the interviews with the Supers, it shows that gray screen and some word flash by on it. If you play them in slow motion, it says: PIXAR ANIMATION STUDIOS PRODUCTION #5080 THE INCREDIBLES REEL AB. JUST FELT LIKE- ahem, sorry, left the CAPS on, just felt like saying that. Add your own observations!!

hmm intersting observation! I’ll have to watch a little more closely the next time I watch it! :smiley:

Edited. There is no need to quote the entire post. – Mitch

BURN-E - Are you serious? I never bothered to pause the film during that moment, but now that you mentioned this interesting tidbit I’m gonna have to check it out…

Thanks for pointing this out! :smiley:

– Mitch

I don’t think I have noticed that before, but really cool observation. I’ll see if I can find some of my own.

I knew it said Pixar on my 3rd screening but that’s it. You actually read all of it, nice BURN-E :slight_smile:

On your third screening Phileas? Wow, that was pretty quick.

Well, I’m that guy that quickly observes :slight_smile:
Waiiit, I spotted the word Pixar on my 3rd screening. Never stopped my TI DVD and read the whole thing though.

Well, while we are on the begining part of the movie, have your guys noticed something about the Super hero interviews way in the begining of the film? Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl have two interview segments but if you look really closely, your’s see that the lighting is different for both interviews. Mr. Incredible’s and Elastigirl’s first interview had a hint of white lighting to it. I guess this was supposed to make the screen look really old, but the second screen has a different lighting to it.

If you look close enough at the two Older gentlemen when the Omnidroid (and Syndrome) hit the city, and then after the battle with the Incredibles/Frozone battle with the Omnidriod…

The two gentlemen have a startling reference to 2 of Disney’s Infamous Animators… the Animators in Which John Lasseter both idolized was assigned to whilst animating for Disney…

Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnson…

Its probably only my thought… but they do look alike

(You have to watch it on your computer or an HDTV to see this)

When Bob stamps “DENIED” on the old lady’s claim in the beginning, it says something like “Age may be used to take advantage of Insuricare policy. Exercise caution” on the paperwork. :laughing:

Not only do they look like them, they were actually even voiced by the real Frank and Ollie.
Both of them also appeared in Brad Bird’s previous feature “The Iron Giant”.

Bryko: I actually never took the time to read Mrs. Hoganson’s denied claim, but I’ll remember to do that next time.

When frozone froze the cop, if you look closeley, his eyes move. :open_mouth:

I noticed that the very first time I saw the movie, but what I didn’t notice was when the cops came in, the frozen cop didn’t catch their attention.

true :confused:

… I’ve taken the liberty of taking a snapshot with my copy of TI:

(Full thing here: img5.imageshack.us/img5/5913/vlcsnap1032556.png … also has other stuff on the page)

Awesome ! :stuck_out_tongue:

You know what that repeated writing reminds me of? The Scare Reports from Monsters, Inc.! Like how they rated children’s rooms and stuff that Monsters should be cautious of when entering a child’s room- ‘Single exit to hallway. Standard entry, low ceiling. Room kept tidy…’, etc., that’s definitely sounds like a Scare Report! How insane that Pixar manage to slip references to other films in the most obscure places! :laughing:

You’re right - that has to be from a scare report.

I wonder what other hidden in-jokes will be revealed by the new HD transfers.

Philas: Looking at that shot of the denied claim, I was reminded of how amazing Pixar is at paying attention to detail.