Violet's Love Life

We all know at the end of the movie, Violet asks Tony on a date. But we do not know if they continued to stay together, or stay as friends, or if they broke up. [spoil]And I am reading in the Incredibles comic books from Boom Studios, Violet is attracted to a character named Xander, the son of a family who just moved in. I can tell because she has got that cute look in her eyes and in the second issue, she is seen instant messaging with him late at night before collapsing with a big smile on her face like she is floating on air[/spoil].

Now I believe that Violet and Tony are a great couple. The look so cute together, and I believe if Pixar chose to explore the Incredibles universe again, I would love to see them look at the Vi/Tony relationship. This is what I think happens to them after the movie, but I want to know what you guys think.

Honestly? I think Viony is a bit too impractical, especially if applied in a realistic scenario.

Think about it. You have a teenage girl, whose entire life - until that fateful day - was based on insecurity, paired up with a football jockey who would undoubtedly come in contact with flirtatious cheerleaders just willing to pull Rydinger into a date. Even if Violet is feeling more confident about herself now, I doubt the unstable state of Tony’s… extra-curriculum would be without stormy days.

Nevertheless, you would probably argue that this is helpful for the couple, as it means good, healthy grinding to ensure the relationship stay strong. However, to treat it in a practical manner, I myself would say that someone who could really support Violet is the best choice.

Moreover, after she is paired up with the other normal human who’s actually a Super, he would have the choice of whether to give up the life of a Super to prove to Violet that she is capable of having a relationship with a normal boy instead of being some freaking girl who would always have social issues.

Now, isn’t that still romantic? :wink:

P.S.: Yeppies, that is an idea I shall apply in my upcoming Incredibles fan fic.

Maybe it’ll be one of those storylines where the protagonist has a brief crush while the main love interest takes a back seat, then by the time the episode’s over, so is the fling and everything is back to status quo (ie in love with leading partner again).
Like Kim Possible or all the other high-school sitcoms. They do this all the time, so don’t worry, I bet Violet will be back to some Tony-loaf eventually. Did they put any of Tony’s reactions to this in the comic? :question:

TDIT: About Tony and the comic, surprisingly, he hasn’t showed up at all. Maybe Violet is over him, or he is over her. But no details were ever shed, so we will probably never know.

Personally, I always thought that Tony was just an example to be used to demonstrate just how much Violet changes thoughout the course of The Incredibles. He is that typical jock-ey type and is the sort of thing that the old Violet would’ve looked upon with awe, but at the same time thinking, “I’ll never be able to go out with a guy like that”. At the end of the film, it’s obvious that the two do meet up at some point, but I would’ve suspected that that would be that really. Violet might realise that the guy she’s longed for so much, just as all the other teenage girls have, isn’t really the right guy for her, and with her new-found confidence she would be able to trust in herself to make the right decision- that just because all these other girls are after Tony because of his good looks and popularity, that doesn’t mean that he’s right for her.

Anyway, soon enough she’ll be meeting all sorts of guys because of that developed confidence, so I wouldn’t be surprised if she ended up going out with someone completely different to Tony.

But those are just my ideas, and I’m sure many on here would like to disagree. :laughing:

I never liked Tony. He kinda annoyed me. I dunno why. I prefer them apart.

Thanks for supporting the cause. :laughing: Sorry, The Starswordsman, but we just find Tony a disdain. <_<"

Did I say there was anything wrong with that? if that is what you believe, that is what you believe. :wink:

lol I’m just kidding around, The Starswordsman. I hope you don’t take my words too seriously. I honestly don’t mind Tony, actually. :wink:

I’ll admit as well that Violet ending up with Tony is kinda cliche and probably not realistic, but I just think that it was just too cute that she would go with anybody else. Besides, who was to say that Tony was a jock? I believe there was no solid proof that he played in any sport.

I agree with you, TSS.^ While Tony may be seen as a jock, as PV has said before, he doesn’t seem the type. I do think he plays sports, but that doesn’t mean he’s cocky or arrogant. he actually seems kind of laid-back and even a little shy himself. I mean, what Brad decides to do he decides to do. I can only hope and pray that I could have something to do with the decision. Wile I do support the Viony relationship, I won’t bash the idea of her dating someone else. If, for whatever reason, he wasn’t right for her, I’m sure everything would work out and she’d make the right decision. But I do hope that she stays with Tony. Like TSS said, they just seem so cute together. Whether or not it’s just an infatuation, we probably won’t know until Brad himself continues the story. But we can hope :slight_smile: . And I’d really like to see Violet and Tony further their relationship. :-D)

Amen to all of that Violet Parr.

I gotta be honest. I’m not a big fan of Vi/Tony. It’s not that I have anything against them, it’s just that I’m not that crazy over their relationship, that’s all.

For example, have a few minor mentions of Tony and Violet together in the movie, get into Violet’s side of the story and how she feels about her crush? I’m OK with that. Turn Tony into a more major character and have Violet too busy falling over Tony to open her eyes to her superhero heritage? That would ruin it for me. (I’ve seen too much of that on Disney Channel these days, w/ Hannah Montana and pretty much ALL their movies now.) Not a big fan of teenage romance. It just doesn’t seem…serious enough.

I agree with lizardgirl that he’s an example of Vi’s change in confidence and such.

But I just don’t like to focus much on Vi and Tony together. That’s just me.

Let’s not forget how much of a flirt Tony is. Didn’t you see the way he gestured to the girls at the end of the movie with his eyes? :confused:

Was he really gesturing to girls? Hmmm, I was watching that part of the movie last night and it wasn’t clear whether he gestured to a girl or maybe one of his guy friends.

I think the pair is cute, don’t get me wrong, but I’m not too much of a fan of teenage romance. Its not very realistic either. xD I think that Tony “exists” only really to show how Violet evolves during the movie. About the “gesturing” at the end of the film, I, too thought he was just referring to his guy friends. Just re-watched it recently too.

Go watch it again. I was referring to the time when he turned around and talked to Violet at the end of the movie. He totally made an eye gesture to her orange-shirt friend.

What. A. Flirt.

I think he was probably just acknowledging her. It’s a shame we don’t get to see much of him. It’s so hard to judge what he’s really like when we see so little of him.

lol Yeah, I probably thought about it too much and misinterpreted it… or maybe I did not. I’ve seen a few characters of similar characteristics in primetime drama shows in Singapore and most of them, if not all, ended up being cheaters, or worse. :laughing:

Which is why I would love a sequel to TI just to see how their relationship would work out.

And here is a major spoiler for the TI comic if any of you guys read it. [spoil]In the first page of the third issue, Violet is kissing the new boy who moved in in the first issue.[/spoil]