How long was Mirage working for Syndrome?

On the one hand she seems to be a pro when working with Mr.I. But that could be also a natural ability and charisma she has.

So how long was she working with Syndrome?

Was it for very long so she more or less was ‘dulled’ to the idea of killing people by that stage? (So didn’t really, REALLY think about it being bad until she heard children were on the plane- definite eye widening going on there.) For a long time was she convinced getting rid of supers was a service? Did she simply never meet a super able to change her mind before the Incredibles? (And if so, why? Were they all rather narcissitic? Or perhaps one in particular was and soured her opinion?)

Or was she a newer ‘convert’/recruit?

Just curious.

I mean, Mirage is one of my favourites but we’re kind of in the dark about her and her redeemability could have been brought into deep question, more so then some other characters if we’d seen her before the events of the movie. Since she was fully aware of what she was doing and it doesn’t look like Syndrome could push her around all THAT much. She was in a better position than some people.

Thoughts?

I think she probably has been doing some work with “illegal enterprises” before, meaning that she probably had her experience with dealing with her frowned upon occupation - being the right hand (wo)man of a villain. That said, I don’t think Mirage had been working for Syndrome for much longer. Mirage would totally realise the jerkiness of Syndrome (mainly his heartlessness) before Mr. Incredible made that threat to “crush her”, as surely she would have happened earlier with other supers but it turned out differently.

Very interesting idea! Yes, she’s probably been involved at the very least, in illegal activities for a while. Possibly digging dirt on people. She seems to have investigative skills as well as charisma and charm and its possible they were devleoped within OTHER organisations. She’s also intelligent, but its still possible Syndrome could fool for a little while, not forever though.

Mirage could even be a former member of a questionable legal body too.

Or even a private detective once, or someone who worked for someone like that.

I’m guessing however she has ‘lured’ heroes at least a few times before hand.

Granted, didn’;t on one of the extras of the DVD, wasn’t there one who pretty much viewed supers as a ‘master race’? Oddly, I almost picture Mirage having met him and making the whole deal of offing supers seem like a good thing in that respect due to his attitude (he sounds like a creep and would be someone to look out for). Granted this would also be an interesting premise since of course THAT super (the name escapes me) judged people on the basis of their abilities or lack thereof, and so did she, the realisation which could come from that, that you’re not so different from someone who perhaps repulsed you could be pretty powerful.

Of course I have no idea if he was ‘offed’ or not by Syndrome let alone if so when.